Legoland California, Sea Life Aquarium & Legoland Water Park Discounts & Coupons
LAST UPDATE: 4/19/16
Legoland California, located in Carlsbad (North San Diego County), offers more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. It’s a beautiful park, and great for young children. Legoland tickets can be expensive, but there are frequent promotions, coupons, and other ways to get a Legoland ticket discount. Check below for the latest Legoland admission discounts, coupons, and offers.
Sea Life Aquarium is located right next door to Legoland and features play zones, fun facts and quiz trails, putting children in touch with the aquatic world in a memorable way.
Legoland Water Park is the world’s first Legoland Water Park, with four-person raft slides, single-person tube slides, body slides, a lazy river and hands-on toddler areas.
If you need tickets to Legoland and other Southern California attractions, it’s worth checking out the available multi-attraction ticket discounts to see if they can save you extra money. Be sure to compare the final cost of a multi-park pass to the combined cost of the individual tickets; the best deal varies depending on the specific attractions and the discounts that are currently available.
All offers are subject to change without notice. Always call ahead and confirm before driving out of your way to take advantage of a particular offer!
- Legoland Gate Prices (includes Water Park, Sea Life Aquarium & Hopper Tickets)
- Legoland Ticket Discounts
- Discounts on Multi-Attraction Tickets that include Legoland
1-Day Admission Ticket for Legoland is $93 for adults (13+), $87 for children (3-12).
2-Day Ticket for Legoland is $118 for adults (13+), $112 for children (3-12).
Legoland California Pass (one year of admission) is $149 for adults (13+), $149 for children (3-12).
Merlin Annual Pass – Standard is $189 for adults (13+), $189 for children (3-12). It includes one year of admission to all Legoland Theme Parks, Legoland Water Parks with blackout dates of all Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in July and August, Legoland Discovery Centers, Sea Life Aquarium, and other attractions across the US. Includes free parking, up to 20% dining discount, 10% discount on retail purchases, 15% discount on Legoland Hotel bookings and more.
Merlin Annual Pass – Premium is $269 for adults (13+), $269 for children (3-12). It includes one year of admission to all Legoland Theme Parks, Legoland Water Parks, Legoland Discovery Centers, Sea Life Aquarium, and other attractions across the US. Includes free parking, one FREE Legoland admission ticket, up to 20% dining discount, 10% discount on retail purchases, 15% discount on Legoland Hotel bookings and more.
Parking is $15 for cars, $20 for RVs, $5 for motorcycles. Preferred Parking is available for $25.
Legoland has no separate admission prices for Sea Life Aquarium. You must buy a Hopper ticket to get access to the aquarium, or purchase a $20 upgrade to your Legoland ticket.
Legoland has no separate admission prices for Legoland Water Park. You must buy a Hopper ticket to get access to the water park, or purchase a $30 upgrade to your Legoland ticket.
1-Day Water Park Hopper (Legoland California + Legoland Water Park) is $114 for adults (13+), $108 for children (3-12).
2-Day Water Park Hopper (Legoland California + Legoland Water Park) is $139 for adults (13+), $133 for children (3-12).
1-Day SeaLife Park Hopper (Legoland California + Sea Life Aquarium) is $111 for adults (13+), $105 for children (3-12).
2-Day SeaLife Hopper (Legoland California + Sea Life Aquarium) is $136 for adults (13+), $130 for children (3-12).
1-Day Resort Hopper (Legoland California + Sea Life Aquarium + Legoland Water Park) is $117 for adults (13+), $111 for children (3-12).
2-Day Resort Hopper (Legoland California + Sea Life Aquarium + Legoland Water Park) is $142 for adults (13+), $136 for children (3-12).
- Discount Tickets from aRes
- Legoland California Website Discounts
- FREE Child Ticket with Purchase of full price Adult Ticket Offer
- Life Cereal Promo
- LEGO Magazine
- LEGO Fall Kids Go Free Offer
- AAA Discounts
- Costco Discounts
- Air Miles
- Military Discounts
- Airline Employee Discounts
- American Express Membership Rewards Points
- California PTA Member Discounts
- Southern California Gray Line (Pacific Coast Sightseeing) Day Tours to Legoland California
aRes Travel offers discounts on Legoland California tickets, which you can purchase instantly online and print out (thus no shipping fee). They are an extremely reliable ticket vendor we’ve been recommending for years. They have decades of experience selling Southern California attraction tickets, and have excellent customer service, with real people you can talk to. You can buy from them with confidence.
- Buy a 1-day Legoland/Sea Life Aquarium/Water Park Hopper pass and get 4 days FREE for just $109 adult / $103 child. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Please note: the Water Park is open seasonally and requires same-day admission to Legoland. All visits must be used within 5 consecutive days after first use. First use must be on or before 10/30/16. Tickets valid through 10/30/16.
- Get Legoland 1-day tickets for just $85 adult / $80 child. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Tickets valid through 12/31/16.
- Get the combined Legoland/Sea Life Aquarium Hopper pass plus second day FREE for just $93 adult / $88 child. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. You can use the 2nd day anytime within 9 days after your first admission! Tickets valid through 12/31/16.
- Family pack! Buy at least 3 Legoland/Sea Life Aquarium Hopper passess plus second day FREE for just $88 per ticket. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. You can use the 2nd day anytime within 9 days after your first admission! Tickets valid through 12/31/16.
- Get the combined Legoland/Sea Life Aquarium/Water Park Hopper pass plus second day FREE for just $99.40 adult / $94.40 child. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Please note: the Water Park is open seasonally and requires same-day admission to Legoland. You can use the 2nd day anytime within 9 days after your first admission! Tickets valid through 10/30/16.
The Legoland website sometimes has special offers. Check here for current specials and Legoland discounts.
Get a FREE child Hopper ticket when you purchase a full price adult Hopper ticket to Legoland California online. This same offer is available from a paper coupon in the Spring 2016 Lego catalog. Limit one free ticket per coupon. Use discount ID 169912. Online offer expires 8/31/16. Paper coupon expires 2/27/17. Thanks to Ting G for info.
Specially marked boxes of Life cereal have a coupon good for a free child ticket with paid adult ticket to Legoland Florida or Legoland California. According to one reader, it’s part of a contest to win a trip for four to Legoland. There’s also a coupon for a free child ticket with paid adult ticket to Legoland Discovery Center, Madame Tussauds or Sea Life, which is printed on the inside of the box. Thanks to Kristen S for info.
Sign up for the FREE monthly LEGO Club Magazine, and look for coupons for discounted admission to Legoland California. Thanks to Sulan D for info.
The Lego Fall 2015 Shop-At-Home catalog includes a coupon for a FREE child’s admission when you purchase a full-price adult Legoland Sea Life Hopper ticket or Legoland Water Park Hopper ticket. Bring the coupon to a Legoland ticket booth and buy tickets in person. Maximum of one free ticket per coupon. Coupon expires 8/31/16.
AAA is a loosely associated group of clubs that each cover a small geographical area, usually a single state or portion of a state. Different clubs have different offers, so it’s worth checking both your own AAA state club and the Southern California AAA club websites. To check your own state club, just go to AAA.com and you will be redirected (usually) to your local club. If you haven’t yet set up your online access, you’ll sometimes need to do that to see your local club’s discounts. To check the Southern California site, click here and enter zip code 92008. Once you get to the club home page, click the “Discounts” tab and select “Attractions.”
If a particular discount on the Southern California site involves booking online through the club site, you will usually need to be a Southern California member. Discounts that involve showing your card at the gate are available to any AAA member. If you can get to a Southern California AAA club office, you can usually take advantage of offers that must be bought in person, even if you’re a member of a different AAA club.
Generally AAA members can get a 10% admission discount at the gate, and sometimes discounts on other things such as food or merchandise.
Some Costco stores in Southern California carry discounted Legoland tickets from time to time. These are often a great deal, so it’s worth checking with your local store.
Costco.com sometimes offers a very good discount on Legoland California tickets and you don’t have to be a Costco member to buy through their site. (Non-members pay a 5% surcharge, however.) There is a shipping charge when ordering from Costco.com.
Readers report that Canadians can redeem Air Miles for Legoland California tickets. Thanks to Dawn N for info.
Active duty, Reserve, National Guard, Military Retirees, Veterans and dependents can purchase 1-day admission to Legoland California plus second day FREE for $73 adult (13+), $67 child (ages 3-12) or a 1-day Resort Hopper plus second day FREE for $82 adult (13+), $76 child (ages 3-12). Both visits must occur by 12/31/16. Please note: there is a $0.95 cent verification service fee per order. You must show valid Military Credentials or Military Dependent Credentials when you enter the park. This offer is only available online.
There may also be discounted tickets available at the ITT at your MWR office on base.
Airline Employees are eligible for a 20% discount on up to 6 tickets per visit. Must show valid employee airline ID at the ticket booth to obtain discount.
If you have an American Express card that earns Membership Rewards points, you can redeem those points for Legoland tickets. Thanks to Amy H for info.
California PTA members programs can get discounts on tickets to Legoland California.
- Get a 1-Day SeaLife Park Hopper for $52 per person. Tickets must be reserved and pre-paid in advance by phone.
- Get FREE child admission with paid adult admission. Tickets must be purchased online in advance.
- Click here for more details and ordering information.
Southern California Gray Line (formerly Pacific Coast Sightseeing) offers 11-hour bus tours from Anaheim to Legoland. Courtesy hotel pick-up for the tour is provided from most Anaheim, Buena Park and Garden Grove area hotels. These tours are especially suitable for those who are not comfortable with driving the California freeways, since all of the ground transportation from place to place is provided.
- Regular cost for the Legoland tour is $112 for adults, $106 for children (ages 3-12).
- Regular cost for the Legoland/Sea Life Aquarium Hopper tour is $140 for adults, $134 for children (ages 3-12).
If you know you want to visit other attractions as well as Legoland, there are a number of discount pass options available that can save you a lot of money, and eliminate the hassle of buying all of your tickets individually. We’ve scouted out some of the best discounts you can find from reputable companies and describe them here. For more details and pricing just click on the pass name.
- Go San Diego Card & Go Los Angeles Card
- Go Select Card Build-Your-Own Passes
- Go Select Card Value Package Passes
- Southern California CityPASS + Legoland California
Go San Diego and Go Los Angeles Cards are all-inclusive passes that allow you to visit as many attractions as you want within a set number of days (usually 3 to 7 days). You pay one discount price for the number of days you choose. These work well if you are visiting at least two major attractions plus some less expensive attractions. The more attractions you visit, the more you save.
GO San Diego Card: If you want to fit in as much as you can in 1- to 7-days using one simple pass for one price, consider this all-inclusive pass. Plus, MouseSavers readers get an extra $20 off their purchase of $225 or more! This pass includes Legoland, SeaWorld San Diego on 3+ day cards, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Zoo Safari Park, Knott’s Berry Farm, plus multiple other attractions in the San Diego area.
GO Los Angeles Card: This all-inclusive pass is very similar to the Go San Diego Card. This pass includes Legoland, and slightly different southern California attractions, such as Six Flags Magic Mountain and Universal Studios Hollywood. MouseSavers readers get an extra $20 off their purchase of $250 or more!
Select where you want to go from dozens of attractions and build your own custom pass. You’ll save 20% off gate prices when you select 2 or more attractions (you’ll save 15% if Universal Studios Hollywood is one of your selections). You have 30 days from first use to visit your selected attractions.
San Diego Go Select Pass: This build-it-yourself pass can include any combination of Legoland, the San Diego Zoo, San Diego Wild Animal Safari Park and SeaWorld San Diego, the new Aquatica San Diego, and lots more. You can even add attractions in Los Angeles and Las Vegas! Passes are good for 30 days from first use.
- Los Angeles Go Select Pass: This build-your-own pass can include any combination of Legoland, Universal Studios Hollywood, Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Discovery Science Center, The Hollywood Museum, and lots more. Passes are good for 30 days from first use.
- You can now add 1-day at Disneyland or a 1-day Hopper pass for Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure Park with roundtrip transportation from your LA area hotel to your Go Select San Diego or Los Angeles Pass! You’ll want to make sure it’s a good deal for your party though; cost with the 15% discount is $154.70 per adult or $141.10 per child for 1-day at Disneyland, $199.75 per adult or $194.65 per child for the 1-day Hopper pass. Disneyland’s gate prices are $99 for adults (10 and older), $93 for children (3-9) and $155 for adults (10 and older), $149 for children (3-9) for a 1-day Hopper pass. Cost of the roundtrip transfer will run about $45-55 per person with this option. The 1-day Disneyland / Hopper pass option is only available with build-your-own passes.
These passes bundle several very popular attractions and offer a slightly better discount than if you were to build your own pass with the same choices. If one of these passes includes your choices, you’ll save a significant amount off gate prices. You have 30 days from first use with all of these passes.
Click here to get an overview of all the multi-attraction passes that we’ve found to offer terrific value.