Universal Studios Hollywood Ticket Discounts and Deals
LAST UPDATE: 2/11/16
Universal Studios Hollywood runs many promotions that can save you money. Universal Studios tickets are expensive, but there are multiple sources for discounts. Check below for the latest discounts on the California Universal Studios ticket discounts, coupons and offers. Universal Studios Hollywood is located in Southern California, if you’re looking for the Florida location, click here.
If you need tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood and other Southern California attractions, it’s worth checking out the available multi-attraction ticket discounts to see if they can save you extra money. Be sure to compare the final cost of a multi-park pass to the combined cost of the individual tickets; the best deal varies depending on the specific attractions and the discounts that are currently available.
All offers are subject to change without notice. Always call ahead and confirm before driving out of your way to take advantage of a particular offer!
- Universal Studios Hollywood Gate Prices
- Universal Studios Hollywood Ticket Discounts
- Discounts on Multi-Attraction Tickets that include Universal Studios Hollywood
- Hotel Offers
- Other Deals
Regular one-day admission is $95 for adults (age 10+) and $87 for children (ages 3-9). Kids under 3 are free.
A Front of Line Pass includes one day of admission, priority access to attractions (one time for each attraction), and seating in a special reserved section for shows. It costs between $149 and $209 depending on the season. Check the Universal Studios Hollywood website for specific prices for your dates.
The VIP Experience includes one day of admission, a special longer guided tour of the backlot and park with a smaller group and opportunities to disembark and explore certain sections, unlimited Priority Access to all rides, a light breakfast and a private gourmet lunch, and free valet parking and VIP park entrance access. It costs $299-$329 per person depending on the date range. Advance reservations are recommended, but can be purchased at the gate if there are still tours with open spots. The last VIP tour generally leaves 6 hours prior to the closing time of the park and the number of tours offered on any day varies seasonally.
Gold Annual Pass (has blackout dates, discount on additional guest tickets, discounts on in-park food and merchandise) is $299. First visit must be on or before December 31, 2016. Pass is valid for 12 months starting from the date of your first visit.
California Resident Annual Pass (has blackout dates, discount on additional guest tickets) is $139. Valid for California residents only. First visit must be on or before December 31, 2016. Pass is valid for 12 months starting from the date of your first visit.
California Resident Plus Annual Pass (has blackout dates, discount on additional guest tickets, discounts on in-park food and merchandise) is $199. Valid for California residents only. First visit must be on or before December 31, 2016. Pass is valid for 12 months starting from the date of your first visit.
Parking prices are $18 for General Parking and $25 for Preferred Parking.
- Discount Tickets from aRes
- Universal Studios Website Deals
- Annual Passholder Discounts
- Costco Discounts
- AAA Discounts
- College Discounts
- Military Discounts
- American Express Membership Rewards Points
- Air Miles
- Southern California Gray Line (Pacific Coast Sightseeing) Day Tours
aRes Travel offers significant discounts on Universal Studios Hollywood tickets, which you can purchase instantly online and print out (thus no shipping fee). They are an extremely reliable ticket vendor we’ve been recommending for years. They have decades of experience selling Southern California attraction tickets, and have excellent customer service, with real people you can talk to. You can buy from them with confidence.
- Get a 1-Day Universal Studios Hollywood ticket for $85 adult / $79 child (ages 3-9). There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Ticket valid through 12/31/16. Click here for complete offer details.
- Get a Front of Line Pass Off Peak for $136. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Tickets through 3/18/16. Click here for complete offer details.
- Going to Universal Studios Hollywood and Disneyland? aRes is offering 3-Day or 4-Day Disneyland & Universal Studios Hollywood Ticket Bundles. Click here for complete offer details.
- Get a VIP Experience Off-Peak ticket for $281. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Ticket valid through 3/18/16. Click here for complete offer details.
Check the Universal Studios Hollywood website for current deals and offers.
- Save $10 on a Regular 1-day admission ticket (ages 3 and up) when you buy it online. Tickets valid through 2/11/16.
- Get a 2016 Season Pass for $109 (ages 3 and up). Black-out dates apply. First visit must take place by 2/15/16. Season Pass expires 12/15/16. You must purchase this pass by 2/15/16.
Holders of any of the annual passes, including the “Buy A Day, Get A Year Free” ticket, get $12 off single-day tickets for up to 6 guests each day at the gate, and $15 off advance-purchased single-day passes online. To get the advance purchase discount, you must first activate your pass in person at the park, then wait 24-48 hours for Universal to get your pass into their system, then register your pass on Universal Hollywood’s Season Passholder website.
Some Costco stores in Southern California carry discounted Universal Hollywood tickets from time to time. These are often a great deal, so it’s worth checking with your local store.
Costco.com sometimes offers a very good discount on Universal Hollywood tickets and you don’t have to be a Costco member to buy through their site. (Non-members pay a 5% surcharge, however.) There is a shipping charge when ordering from Costco.com.
AAA (and the Canadian equivalent, CAA) members can usually get admission discounts:
- AAA members save $3 off admission at the gate year-round.
- Check this special AAA site (may require logging into your local AAA club account) to see if there is a current online offer. Sometimes there are special offers for multi-day regular park passes and/or front of the line passes. As with so many things, the discounts tend to be better for off-season travel.
- AAA is a loosely associated group of clubs that each cover a small geographical area, usually a single state or portion of a state. Different clubs have different offers, so it’s worth checking your own AAA state club, and also the Southern California AAA web site to see if there are any special offers. Some of the offers on the Southern California site are available to members of any AAA or CAA club. To check your own state club, just go to AAA.com and you will be redirected (usually) to your local club. To check the Southern California site, click here and enter zip code 91608. Once you get to the club home page, click the “Discounts” tab and select “Attractions”.
Faculty, staff, and students at many California colleges get a discount on the Buy A Day, Get A Year Free annual pass, currently $15 off. For most of the colleges you must register with an official college email address in order to order online. For others, you must purchase in person, usually at the student store, and show your ID.
Click here to see the list of participating colleges.
Universal offers discounts to active and retired US Military, DOD personnel, National Guard, Reservists and their dependents. Get $3 off general admission tickets purchased in person at the gates. You will need to show a valid military or US government ID showing your military/DOD affiliated status. A larger discount is available in advance from MWR/ITT offices.
Click here for more details on military discounts at Universal Studios Hollywood.
If you have an American Express card that earns Membership Rewards points, you can redeem those points for Universal Studios Hollywood tickets. Thanks to Kristin K for info.
Southern California Gray Line (formerly Pacific Coast Sightseeing) offers two tours that include Universal Studios Hollywood. Both depart from Anaheim and courtesy hotel pick-up for the tours is provided from most Anaheim, Buena Park and Garden Grove area hotels. These tours are especially suitable for those who are not comfortable with driving the California freeways, since all of the ground transportation from place to place is provided.
The Universal Studios Day Tour is an 11-hour tour of Universal Studios Hollywood, departing from Anaheim. You visit Universal Studios and Universal CityWalk. There is also a version of this tour that includes a Front of the Line pass for Universal Hollywood, so there’s no waiting in line.
- Regular cost for the Universal Studios Day Tour is $118 for adults, $104 for children (ages 3-9).
- Regular cost for the Universal Studios Day Tour + Front of the Line is $161 (adult or child)
The Universal Studios Combo Deluxe Tour is a 13-hour tour of Universal Studios Hollywood, Los Angeles and Hollywood, departing from Anaheim. Experience the best of Universal Studios Hollywood and the excitement of Los Angeles’ spectacular City of Lights all in one action-packed day! A fun filled day at Universal Studios awaits you, followed by a bus tour of trendy Melrose Avenue, Santa Monica Boulevard and Sunset Strip, home to such spots as the Chateau Marmont Hotel, Whiskey A Go Go, House of Blues and much more! A stop at Hollywood Boulevard offers time to explore the stars on the Walk of Fame and the foot and hand prints at Mann’s Chinese Theatre. Top off your evening with a quick photo stop at Downtown LA’s beautiful music center, including the Disney Concert Hall. There is also a version of this tour that includes a Front of the Line pass for Universal Hollywood, so there’s no waiting in line.
- Regular cost for the Universal Studios Combo Deluxe Tour is $135 for adults, $114 for children (ages 3-9).
- Regular cost for the Universal Studios Combo Deluxe Tour + Front of the Line is $185 (adult or child).
If you know you want to visit other attractions as well as Universal Studios, there are a number of discount pass options available that can save you a lot of money, and eliminate the hassle of buying all of your tickets individually. We’ve scouted out some of the best discounts you can find from reputable companies and describe them here. For more details and pricing just click on the pass name.
- Universal Studios Hollywood & Disneyland Tickets
- Universal Studios Hollywood & Other Major Attractions
Universal Studios Hollywood & Disneyland Tickets
aRes is offering a nice discount when you buy a bundle that includes 2-Day or 3-Day Disneyland Park Hopper Tickets and 1-Day Universal Studios Hollywood Tickets, which you can purchase instantly online and print out (thus no shipping fee). They are an extremely reliable ticket vendor we’ve been recommending for years. They have decades of experience selling Southern California attraction tickets, and have excellent customer service, with real people you can talk to. You can buy from them with confidence.
- Adult (10 years and older) 2-Day Disneyland Park Hopper plus 1-Day Universal Studios Tickets are $298, plus a $2 convenience fee, which is $20 less than the gate price of the same set of tickets.
- Child (ages 3-9) 2-Day Disneyland Park Hopper plus 1-Day Universal Studios Tickets are $278, plus a $2 convenience fee, which is $19 less than the gate price of the same set of tickets.
- Adult (10 years and older) 3-Day Disneyland Park Hopper plus 1-Day Universal Studios Tickets are $341.50, plus a $2 convenience fee, which is $30.50 less than the gate price of the same set of tickets. Includes one Magic Morning admission to Disneyland (available on select days).
- Child (ages 3-9) 3-Day Disneyland Park Hopper plus 1-Day Universal Studios Tickets are $323, plus a $2 convenience fee , which is $26 less than the gate price of the same set of tickets. Includes one Magic Morning admission to Disneyland (available on select days).
You will receive the Universal Studios tickets immediately upon booking and the Disneyland tickets via email within 24 hours of booking. aRes is a reliable authorized Disneyland and Universal Studios ticket vendor and this is a perfectly safe way to buy tickets at a nice discount.
Disneyland Park Hopper tickets expire 13 days after first use or 1/13/17, whichever comes first.
Go Los Angeles Card is an all-inclusive pass that allows you to visit as many attractions as you want within a set number of days (usually 3 to 7 days). You pay one discount price for the number of days you choose. These work well if you are visiting at least two major attractions plus some less expensive attractions. The more attractions you visit, the more you save.
GO Los Angeles Card: This all-inclusive pass includes Universal Studios, Legoland, Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Discovery Science Center, The Hollywood Museum, Dolby Theatre Guided Tour, Warner Bros. VIP Studio Tour, Madame Tussaud’s Hollywood, The Huntington Library, Aquarium of the Pacific, and lots more. MouseSavers readers get an extra $20 off their purchase of $250 or more with a special code.
Select where you want to go from dozens of attractions and build your own custom pass. You’ll save at least 15% off gate prices when you select Universal Studios and at least one more attraction. You have 30 days from first use to visit your selected attractions.
- Los Angeles Go Select Pass: This build-your-own pass can include any combination of Universal Studios, Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Discovery Science Center, The Hollywood Museum, and lots more. Passes are good for 30 days from first use.
- You can now add 1-day at Disneyland or a 1-day Hopper pass for Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure Park with roundtrip transportation from your LA area hotel to your Go Select Pass. You’ll want to make sure it’s a good deal for your party though; cost with the 15% discount is $154.70 per adult or $141.10 per child for 1-day at Disneyland, $199.75 per adult or $194.65 per child for the 1-day Hopper pass. Disneyland’s gate prices are $99 for adults (10 and older), $93 for children (3-9) and $155 for adults (10 and older), $149 for children (3-9) for a 1-day Hopper pass. Cost of the roundtrip transfer will run about $45-55 per person with this option.
- San Diego Go Select Pass: This build-it-yourself pass can include any combination of Universal Studios, Legoland, the San Diego Zoo, San Diego Wild Animal Safari Park and SeaWorld San Diego, the new Aquatica San Diego, and lots more. Passes are good for 30 days from first use.
These passes bundle several very popular attractions and offer a slightly better discount than if you were to build your own pass with the same choices. If one of these passes includes your choices, you’ll save a significant amount off gate prices. You have 30 days from first use with all of these passes.
- Southern California Theme Park Pass: If you plan to visit Universal Studios, Knott’s Berry Farm, San Diego Zoo, and SeaWorld San Diego, consider this pass. You’ll save up to 17% off gate prices!
- Top 4 Los Angeles Attractions Package: This pass gives you access to Universal Studios, and several other major Hollywood attractions: Madame Tussauds Hollywood; Warner Bros. VIP Studio Tour and Hollywood Movie Star Homes Tour. You’ll save 26% off the retail price of visiting these attractions separately.
- Southern California MouseSavers Explorer Pass: This MouseSavers exclusive value package pass includes four of the most popular southern California attractions and offers a 25% savings off gate prices! It includes Universal Studios, Legoland, San Diego Zoo, and Knott’s Berry Farm. Note: This special package is already fully discounted; promo codes do not apply.
Click here to get an overview of all the multi-attraction passes that we’ve found to offer terrific value.
The official hotel for Universal Studios Hollywood is the Sheraton Universal Hotel. The hotel offers amazing views of the theme park and complimentary tram rides to Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Citywalk. There is High Speed Internet Access in each room (for an extra fee).
- Click here to see current special offers for the Sheraton Universal Hotel.
AAA members get a 10% discount for food and beverages at most park and CityWalk locations, with some exclusions that can vary by season. It never hurts to ask!
American Express cardholders get a 10% discount at select food & beverage and merchandise locations in the park, click here for details and restrictions. Thanks to Sharlene M for info.
Universal Hollywood Annual Passholders get a 10% discount on food and beverage in the park (15% for Premium Star Passholders). Alcohol and items from carts are excluded. They also get a 15% discount on merchandise in the parks.