SeaWorld San Diego Discounts and Deals
LAST UPDATE: 6/19/13
SeaWorld San Diego runs many promotions that can save you money. Check below for the latest SeaWorld San Diego discounts, coupons and offers.
All offers are subject to change without notice. Always call ahead and confirm before driving out of your way to take advantage of a particular offer!
Regular admission is $88 for adults and $80 for kids (3-9).
1-Year Silver Pass (365 days’ admission, free parking, discounts on additional admission, merchandise and food discounts) is $145 for adults or children.
2-Year Silver Pass (2 full years’ admission, free parking, discounts on additional admission, merchandise and food discounts) is $205 for adults or children.
Parking is $15 per day for cars, $20 for RVs and campers, $11 for motorcycles and $25 for Preferred parking.
- SeaWorld Website
- SeaWorld San Diego Silver Pass
- SeaWorld San Diego Platinum Pass
- aRes Travel
- Southwest Airlines Discount
- Fast Food & Grocery Store Promotions
- Visit California Coupon
- Costco Discounts
- AAA Discounts
- FREE Tickets for Military
- California Residents
- Hilton HHonors
- Air Miles
- Aeroplan Miles
- Multi-Park Tickets & Passes
Check the SeaWorld San Diego website for current special offers, but make sure you compare their offers to deals listed below. To compare multi-park tickets (SeaWorld + San Diego Zoo, Universal Studios etc.) on the SeaWorld site, make sure you check out the Multi-Park Tickets & Passes section on this page. They are often a slightly better deal than what’s offered on the SeaWorld site.
- Buy one-day admission at the regular price and get 7 consecutive days FREE to SeaWorld San Diego with the 7-day Ticket. Adults $78, child (3-9) $70. You can buy this ticket on the SeaWorld San Diego website.
- 2013 Fun Cards are now available for the same price as a one-day admission. Fun Cards include unlimited admission to SeaWorld San Diego until December 31, 2013. You can buy this ticket on the SeaWorld San Diego website.
The Silver Pass is an annual pass for SeaWorld San Diego, good for either 1 or 2 years. The 1-year pass costs $145 for all ages (less than two regular adult one-day admissions); the 2-year pass costs $205 for all ages. The Silver Pass is marketed primarily to locals but you do not have to be a Southern California resident to buy one. It has no blackout dates and includes a host of benefits, including unlimited admission for 12 or 24 months to SeaWorld San Diego; FREE general parking; 20% off single-day guest admission and guided tours; 10% off food and merchandise; savings on rides, sleepovers and summer camps; savings on Animal Interaction Programs at SeaWorld San Diego (September – May only); exclusive members-only events and previews; and 50% off admission to participating Worlds of Discovery parks* for the pass member only.
*Excludes Discovery Cove and Sesame Place. Participating Worlds of Discovery parks include SeaWorld® San Antonio; SeaWorld and Aquatica®, SeaWorld’s Waterpark in Orlando; Busch Gardens® Africa and Adventure Island® in Tampa Bay; and Busch Gardens Europe and Water Country USA® in Williamsburg. Present your active SeaWorld San Diego Silver Pass when visiting participating parks.
- If you plan to buy a Silver Pass, doing so in advance on the SeaWorld San Diego website means you don’t have to pay the $15 parking on your first day, since the pass includes parking. For passes purchased at the park, free parking starts after the first visit.
The Platinum Pass (click the link and then the small blue words Platinum Passes) costs $330 for all ages. It provides unlimited admission for 24 months to participating SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment locations throughout the US.* It is marketed primarily to locals but you do not have to be a Southern California resident to buy one. The Platinum Pass is a great option if you plan to visit multiple parks in the next two years.
This pass includes FREE general parking (or Preferred Parking when available at SeaWorld San Diego only); one FREE single-day SeaWorld San Diego guest admission ticket per year; 20% off single-day guest admission and guided tours at SeaWorld San Diego; 10% off food and merchandise; savings on sleepovers and summer camps at SeaWorld San Diego; savings on Animal Interaction Programs at SeaWorld San Diego; exclusive members-only events and previews at SeaWorld San Diego; and reserved seating area at all SeaWorld San Diego shows (when available).
All NEW SeaWorld San Diego Platinum Pass vouchers must be redeemed at SeaWorld San Diego before being accepted at other SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment locations.
*Excludes Discovery Cove. Participating SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment locations include SeaWorld San Antonio; SeaWorld and Aquatica®, SeaWorld’s Waterpark in Orlando; Busch Gardens Africa and Adventure Island® in Tampa Bay; Busch Gardens® Europe and Water Country USA® in Williamsburg; and Sesame Place® in Langhorne, Pennsylvania.
- If you plan to buy a Platinum Pass, doing so in advance on the SeaWorld San Diego website means you don’t have to pay the $25 for Preferred Parking on your first day, since the pass includes parking. For passes purchased at the park, free parking starts after the first visit.
- SeaWorld 7-day Pass – Save $7 per ticket! Buy a one-day admission at the regular price and get 7 consecutive days FREE to SeaWorld San Diego with the 7-day Ticket. Adults $71, child (3-9) $63.
Show your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards card at the ticket booth and get 20% off a regular one-day admission. Do the math: this is frequently the best discount available. Limit 4 admissions per card. It is FREE to join Rapid Rewards, and you can get your membership number instantly when you sign up on the Southwest website. Hit the print button when it pops up. SeaWorld will accept a computer printout of your Rapid Rewards card (you don’t have to wait for the “real” one to arrive in the mail). Although this offer disappeared from the Southwest website in late 2009, it is still valid in 2013.
Fast food restaurants and grocery stores frequently offer SeaWorld discounts. When we hear about them, we will list them here. If no expiration date is listed, the date is unknown and the offer may end at any time.
Click here to print out a coupon for Adults at Kid’s Price one-day admission. Good for up to 6 admissions. Expires 12/31/13.
Some Costco stores in Southern California carry discounted SeaWorld San Diego tickets from time to time. These are often a great deal, so it’s worth checking with your local store.
Costco.com sometimes offers a very good discount on SeaWorld San Diego tickets and you don’t have to be a Costco member to buy through their site. (Non-members pay a 5% surcharge, however.) There is a shipping charge when ordering from Costco.com. Thanks to Kimberly for info.
AAA members can usually get admission discounts, and sometimes discounts on other things such as food or merchandise.
- AAA members normally get $6 off single-day tickets at the gate.
- AAA members get 10% off single-day tickets purchased in advance. Visit aaa.com/seaworld to purchase.
- With a promo code, AAA members get $15 off adult 1-day tickets and $7 off child 1-day tickets, and can also get an Adult Fun Card at the Kid’s Fun Card price. From the SeaWorld San Diego website, click on “Do You Have a Promo Code” in the “See Ticket Pricing” box, and add the promo code SWCWESTWAYSSPR2013. Note: when you enter the promo code and click to check pricing, the code may show as “invalid” but if you wait for the new page to load you will see the AAA promo. Unknown expiration.
Through 12/31/13, members of the military (active duty military, active reservists, National Guard, Coast Guard) and as many as three direct dependents may enter SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Sesame Place parks with complimentary admission. You must register in advance at www.herosalute.com and complete a form, which you take with you to the theme park along with valid ID. Note: This offer pertains to Canadian military as well as US military. Thanks to Pam R for info.
California residents often enjoy special discounts, which can be purchased on the SeaWorld San Diego website. Resident ID and credit card used to purchase your tickets are both required at point of park entry.
- Residents can save $15 on an Adult single day ticket, and $7 off a child single day ticket on the SeaWorld San Diego website!
You can redeem Hilton HHonors points for SeaWorld San Diego tickets. Click here to read about this award (choose country, then Gift Cards & Certificates/Entertainment). Click here to read more about HHonors.
- New!Purchase an Aquatica San Diego + SeaWorld Combo ticket and save $20! Tickets include unlimited admission to each park for 7 consecutive days beginning the day of your first Park visit.
- Consider the San Diego Go Select Pass if you also plan to visit the new Aquatica San Diego or any other attractions, such as the San Diego Zoo, San Diego Wild Animal Park, Legoland or Universal Studios Hollywood.You can pick from dozens of attractions and build a custom pass — and save a lot of money! Passes are good for 30 days from first use.
- Try the SoCal Theme Park Pass if you also plan to visit Universal Studios Hollywood, Knott’s Berry Farm, and San Diego Zoo. You can save up to 18% off gate prices by picking this pass.
- Check out the GO San Diego Card if you also plan to visit Legoland, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Wild Animal Park and/or Knott’s, plus multiple other attractions in the San Diego area.
- Consider the Southern California 2-Park Flex Ticket if you also plan to visit Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Consider the San Diego 3-For-1 Pass if you also plan to visit San Diego Zoo and San Diego Wild Animal Park.
- Planning a “grand tour” of Southern California? Be sure to consider the Southern California CityPASS, which includes discounted admission to SeaWorld San Diego, Disneyland, and Universal Studios Hollywood. The San Diego Zoo or Safari Park can be added as an option on this pass.
- If you purchase a Southern California CityPASS through the SeaWorld site, you can get an additional visit to SeaWorld FREE. This ticket is only available online and requires that you to visit SeaWorld San Diego FIRST.
Gray Line offers an 11-hour bus tour from Anaheim to SeaWorld San Diego. Courtesy hotel pick-up for the tour is provided from most Anaheim, Buena Park and Garden Grove area hotels. The Gray Line tour is especially suitable for those who are not comfortable with driving the California freeways, since all of the ground transportation from place to place is provided.
The SeaWorld San Diego tour costs the same as regular one-day admission: $73 for adults and $65 for kids (3-9). That makes it a great deal — it’s like getting a FREE ride to SeaWorld from Anaheim!
You can buy the ticket from Gray Line by phone or in person (and use the coupon linked below to save a few bucks) or buy in advance from SeaWorld San Diego.
- Click here to print an exclusive coupon for MouseSavers.com readers: $3 off your SeaWorld San Diego tour! Expires 6/30/13.
AAA members may qualify for a discount on the higher-end meals where you get to view or interact with animals, such as Dine With Shamu! Be sure to ask when reserving or paying.
According to MouseSavers.com reader Susan B, AAA membership gets you 2-for-1 on the Bayside Skyride or Skytower. I have not confirmed this independently, but it’s worth a try!
Discounts for Passholders
- Premium Pass Members (Silver, Platinum & Conservation Society) save 20% on all Up-Close Tours. Reserve on the Pass Member website.