Universal Studios Hollywood Discounts and Deals
LAST UPDATE: 9/18/14
Universal Studios Hollywood runs many promotions that can save you money. Check below for the latest Universal Studios discounts, coupons and offers.
All offers are subject to change without notice. Always call ahead and confirm before driving out of your way to take advantage of a particular offer!
- Regular Gate Prices
- Ticket Discounts
- Multi-Park Tickets & Passes
- Southern California Gray Line (Pacific Coast Sightseeing) Day Tours
- Hotel Offers
- New!Other Deals
Regular one-day admission is $92 for adults (age 10+) and $84 for children (ages 3-9). Kids under 3 are free.
Regular two-day admission is $109 for adults (age 10+) and $101 for children (ages 3-9). Kids under 3 are free. This ticket can only be purchased online, not at the gate.
A Front of Line Pass includes one day of admission, priority access to attractions (one time for each attraction), and seating in a special reserved section for shows. It costs between $139 and $179 depending on the season. Check the Universal Studios Hollywood website for specific prices for your dates.
The VIP Experience includes one day of admission, a special longer guided tour of the backlot and park with a smaller group and opportunities to disembark and explore certain sections, unlimited Priority Access to all rides, a light breakfast and a private gourmet lunch, and free valet parking and VIP park entrance access. It costs $349 per person. It must be reserved in advance; you cannot buy it at the gate.
Buy a Day, get a Year Free ticket (has blackout dates, discounts on food and merchandise) is $92. It is effectively the same as the 12-month Value Annual Pass.
12-Month Value Annual Pass (has blackout dates, discounts on food and merchandise) is $119.
12-Month No Black-Out Annual Pass (365 days admission with no blackout dates, discounts on food and merchandise, and more) is $159.
12-Month Premium Star Pass (365 days admission with no blackout dates, discounts on food and merchandise, free parking, priority boarding on the Studio Tour, and more) is $199.
Parking prices are $16 for General Parking and $22 for Preferred Parking.
- aRes Travel Discounts
- Universal Studios Website Deals
- Annual Passholder Discounts
- Costco Discounts
- Premium Outlets VIP Club Discounts
- AAA Discounts
- College Discounts
- Military Discounts
- Multi-Park Tickets & Passes
- American Express Membership Rewards Points
- Air Miles
aRes Travel offers significant discounts on Universal Studios Hollywood tickets.
- Buy a 1-Day Universal Studios Hollywood ticket, get a 2nd day FREE for $84.85 adult / $76.56 child (ages 3-9). There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Click here for complete offer details.
- Get a Front of Line Pass Peak for $156. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Tickets valid 12/20/14 – 12/31/14. Click here for complete offer details.
- Get a Front of Line Pass for $127. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Tickets valid 9/2/14 – 12/19/14. Click here for complete offer details.
- Get a VIP Experience ticket for $295. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Ticket valid until 1/31/15. Click here for complete offer details.
- Exclusive Family Pack! Get a VIP Experience Family Pack, includes 3 tickets at $282 each. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Tickets valid until 1/31/15. Click here for complete offer details.
- Get a Southern California 2-Park FlexTicket for $138 adult / $130 child (ages 3-9). There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Click here for complete offer details.
Check the Universal Studios Hollywood website for current deals and offers.
- The regular 1-Day Admission Pass is currently $87 for adults (age 10+) and $79 for children (ages 3-9), $5 off the gate price when you buy it online.
- A VIP Experience ticket is currently $299 (age 5+), $40 off the gate price when you buy it online.
- The 12-Month No Black-Out Annual Pass is currently $139 ($20 off the gate price) when you buy it online.
- The 12-Month Premium Star Pass is currently $179 ($20 off the gate price) when you buy it online.
Holders of any of the annual passes, including the “Buy A Day, Get A Year Free” ticket, get $12 off single-day tickets for up to 6 guests each day at the gate, and $15 off advance-purchased single-day passes online. To get the advance purchase discount, you must first activate your pass in person at the park, then wait 24-48 hours for Universal to get your pass into their system, then register your pass on Universal Hollywood’s Annual Passholder website.
- The “Buy a Day, Get a Year FREE” ticket costs the same as a full-price one-day adult ticket. It is a very good deal if you will be taking multiple people to Universal Studios Hollywood, even for a single day, and you’re willing to spend a little extra time running around when you arrive. This ticket is the lowest-level annual pass. It has blackout days when it can’t be used, but those don’t apply the first day you use the pass. To take advantage of this, go online and buy a voucher for the “Buy a Day, Get a Year FREE” ticket for one person. Take the voucher to the park and activate it, then exit the park and buy tickets for your guests with the discount. This annual pass also includes 10-15% off in-park food & beverage and merchandise for the passholder (so have the passholder buy all meals and souvenirs for your group). Thanks to Jonathan K for info.
Some Costco stores in Southern California carry discounted Universal Hollywood tickets from time to time. These are often a great deal, so it’s worth checking with your local store.
Costco.com sometimes offers a very good discount on Universal Hollywood tickets and you don’t have to be a Costco member to buy through their site. (Non-members pay a 5% surcharge, however.) There is a shipping charge when ordering from Costco.com.
Premium Outlets (the same company that runs two large outlet malls in Orlando) has a loyalty program called the VIP Club that is FREE to join. Once you join the club, you can login to the VIP Club site and see special coupons and offers for different outlet malls, including discount tickets to Universal Hollywood offered through the Carlsbad Premium Outlets. The offers (as of July 2014) include a special 3-day Pass for $79, a No-Blackout or Premium Star Annual Pass for $25 off the regular prices, or a Front Of Line Pass good through June 26th for $10 off the regular price.
- To join the club, click here. Select “Join Now” and fill in your information. You’ll need to use a working email address, but you can easily sign up for a “junk” address via gmail or outlook.com. You may want to select the Carlsbad outlet as one of your favorites during the sign up process, to make it easier to view their offers later. They will send an email to verify your email address. Once you are verified, go to the “Deals Around Town/Promotions” list for the Carlsbad Premium Outlets and look for Universal Hollywood. There is a special link in the offer details that takes you to a special Universal Hollywood ticket page with the various offers. Thanks to Alexey T for info.
AAA (and the Canadian equivalent, CAA) members can usually get admission discounts:
- AAA members save $3 off admission at the gate year-round.
- Check this special AAA site (may require logging into your local AAA club account) to see if there is a current online offer. Sometimes there are special offers for multi-day regular park passes and/or front of the line passes. As with so many things, the discounts tend to be better for off-season travel.
- AAA is a loosely associated group of clubs that each cover a small geographical area, usually a single state or portion of a state. Different clubs have different offers, so it’s worth checking your own AAA state club, and also the Southern California AAA web site to see if there are any special offers. Some of the offers on the Southern California site are available to members of any AAA or CAA club. To check your own state club, just go to AAA.com and you will be redirected (usually) to your local club. To check the Southern California site, click here and enter zip code 91608. Once you get to the club home page, click the “Discounts” tab and select “Attractions”.
Faculty, staff, and students at many California colleges get a discount on the Buy A Day, Get A Year Free annual pass, currently $15 off. For most of the colleges you must register with an official college email address in order to order online. For others, you must purchase in person, usually at the student store, and show your ID.
Click here to see the list of participating colleges.
Universal offers discounts to active and retired US Military, DOD personnel, National Guard, Reservists and their dependents. Get $3 off general admission tickets purchased in person at the gates. You will need to show a valid military or US government ID showing your military/DOD affiliated status. A larger discount is available in advance from MWR/ITT offices.
Click here for more details on military discounts at Universal Studios Hollywood.
Consider the San Diego Go Select Pass if you also plan to visit any other attractions, such as SeaWorld San Diego, the San Diego Zoo, San Diego Zoo Safari Park, Legoland and Universal Studios Hollywood.You can pick from dozens of attractions and build a custom pass — and save a lot of money! Passes are good for 30 days from first use.
The Go Select Los Angeles Hollywood Stars Package gives you access to Universal Studios, and several other major Hollywood attractions: Madame Tussauds Hollywood; Hollywood Behind-the-Scenes Tour with Red Line Tours (75-minute guided walking tour) and The Hollywood Museum. You’ll save 25% off the retail price of visiting these attractions separately.
The Top Los Angeles Attractions Package by Go Select includes Universal Studios, a Warner Bros. Studio VIP Tour, Madame Tussauds Hollywood and a Hollywood Movie Star Homes Tour. Note: the Warner Bros. Studio Tour is only available for people ages 8 and above.
Planning a “grand tour” of Southern California? Consider the Southern California CityPASS, which includes discounted admission to Universal Hollywood, Disneyland, SeaWorld San Diego. The San Diego Zoo or Safari Park or Legoland California can be added as an option on this pass.
If you have an American Express card that earns Membership Rewards points, you can redeem those points for Universal Studios Hollywood tickets. Thanks to Kristin K for info.
Thanks to Dawn N for info.
Southern California Gray Line (formerly Pacific Coast Sightseeing) offers two tours that include Universal Studios Hollywood. Both depart from Anaheim and courtesy hotel pick-up for the tours is provided from most Anaheim, Buena Park and Garden Grove area hotels. These tours are especially suitable for those who are not comfortable with driving the California freeways, since all of the ground transportation from place to place is provided.
The Universal Studios Day Tour is an 11-hour tour of Universal Studios Hollywood, departing from Anaheim. You visit Universal Studios and Universal CityWalk. There is also a version of this tour that includes a Front of the Line pass for Universal Hollywood, so there’s no waiting in line.
- Regular cost for the Universal Studios Day Tour is $118 for adults, $104 for children (ages 3-9).
- Regular cost for the Universal Studios Day Tour + Front of the Line is $161 (adult or child)
The Universal Studios Combo Deluxe Tour is a 13-hour tour of Universal Studios Hollywood, Los Angeles and Hollywood, departing from Anaheim. Experience the best of Universal Studios Hollywood and the excitement of Los Angeles’ spectacular City of Lights all in one action-packed day! A fun filled day at Universal Studios awaits you, followed by a bus tour of trendy Melrose Avenue, Santa Monica Boulevard and Sunset Strip, home to such spots as the Chateau Marmont Hotel, Whiskey A Go Go, House of Blues and much more! A stop at Hollywood Boulevard offers time to explore the stars on the Walk of Fame and the foot and hand prints at Mann’s Chinese Theatre. Top off your evening with a quick photo stop at Downtown LA’s beautiful music center, including the Disney Concert Hall. There is also a version of this tour that includes a Front of the Line pass for Universal Hollywood, so there’s no waiting in line.
- Regular cost for the Universal Studios Combo Deluxe Tour is $135 for adults, $114 for children (ages 3-9).
- Regular cost for the Universal Studios Combo Deluxe Tour + Front of the Line is $175 (adult or child).
The official hotel for Universal Studios Hollywood is the Sheraton Universal Hotel. The hotel offers amazing views of the theme park and complimentary tram rides to Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Citywalk. There is High Speed Internet Access in each room (for an extra fee).
- Click here and choose “Hotel Offers” (upper right corner) to see current special offers for the Sheraton Universal Hotel.
AAA members get a 10% discount for food and beverages at most park and CityWalk locations, with some exclusions that can vary by season. It never hurts to ask!
New!American Express cardholders get a 10% discount at select food & beverage and merchandise locations in the park, click here for details and restrictions. Thanks to Sharlene M for info.
Universal Hollywood Annual Passholders get a 10% discount on food and beverage in the park (15% for Premium Star Passholders). Alcohol and items from carts are excluded. They also get a 15% discount on merchandise in the parks.