Universal Studios Hollywood Discounts and Deals
LAST UPDATE: 12/4/13
Universal Studios Hollywood runs many promotions that can save you money. Check below for the latest Universal Studios discounts, coupons and offers.
All offers are subject to change without notice. Always call ahead and confirm before driving out of your way to take advantage of a particular offer!
- Regular Gate Prices
- Admission Discounts
- Multi-Park Tickets & Passes
- Southern California Gray Line (Pacific Coast Sightseeing) Day Tours
- Hotel Offers
- Other Deals
Regular one-day admission is $84 for adults (ages 10 an up) and $76 for children (ages 3-9). Kids under 3 are free.
12-Month Value Annual Pass (called “Buy a Day, get a Year Free” ticket; has blackout dates, discounts on food and merchandise) is $84.
New!12-Month No Black-Out Annual Pass (365 days admission with no blackout dates, discounts on food and merchandise, and more) is $149.
New!12-Month Premium Star Pass (365 days admission with no blackout dates, discounts on food and merchandise, free parking, priority boarding on the Studio Tour, and more) is $189.
Parking prices are $15 for General Parking and $20 for Preferred Parking.
- aRes Travel Discounts
- Universal Studios Website Deals
- Costco Discounts
- AAA Discounts
- Multi-Park Tickets & Passes
- Air Miles
aRes Travel offers significant discounts on Universal Studios Hollywood tickets.
- Exclusive Family Pack! Save $90 on a VIP Experience Family Pack (3 tickets). There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Tickets valid until 1/31/14.
- Get a VIP Experience ticket for $289. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Ticket valid until 1/31/14.
- Save $10 on Front of Line Passes. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Tickets valid until1/31/14.
- Get 2-day Passes for $93 adult / $85 child. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket.
- Click here to save on adult and child one-day Universal Studios Hollywood tickets. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket.
- Click here to save $4 on adult and child Southern California 2-Park FlexTickets. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket.
Check the Universal Studios Hollywood website for current deals and offers.
Some Costco stores in Southern California carry discounted Universal Hollywood tickets from time to time. These are often a great deal, so it’s worth checking with your local store.
Costco.com sometimes offers a very good discount on Universal Hollywood tickets and you don’t have to be a Costco member to buy through their site. (Non-members pay a 5% surcharge, however.) There is a shipping charge when ordering from Costco.com.
AAA members can usually get admission discounts:
- AAA members save $3 off admission at the gate year-round, but sometimes there are also deeper discounts. Click here to see the latest offers.
- Check this special AAA/Universal site to see if there is a current online offer.
Consider the San Diego Go Select Pass if you also plan to visit any other attractions, such as SeaWorld San Diego, the San Diego Zoo, San Diego Wild Animal Park, Legoland and Universal Studios Hollywood.You can pick from dozens of attractions and build a custom pass — and save a lot of money! Passes are good for 30 days from first use.
The Go Select Los Angeles Hollywood Stars Package gives you access to Universal Studios, and several other major Hollywood attractions: Madame Tussauds Hollywood; Hollywood Behind-the-Scenes Tour with Red Line Tours (75-minute guided walking tour) and The Hollywood Museum. You’ll save 25% off the retail price of visiting these attractions separately.
The Top Los Angeles Attractions Package by Go Select includes Universal Studios, a Warner Bros. Studio VIP Tour, Madame Tussauds Hollywood and a Hollywood Movie Star Homes Tour. Note: the Warner Bros. Studio Tour is only available for people ages 8 and above.
Planning a “grand tour” of Southern California? Consider the Southern California CityPASS, which includes discounted admission to Universal Hollywood, Disneyland, SeaWorld San Diego. The San Diego Zoo or Safari Park can be added as an option on this pass.
Thanks to Dawn N for info.
Southern California Gray Line (formerly Pacific Coast Sightseeing) offers two tours that include Universal Studios Hollywood. Both depart from Anaheim and courtesy hotel pick-up for the tours is provided from most Anaheim, Buena Park and Garden Grove area hotels. These tours are especially suitable for those who are not comfortable with driving the California freeways, since all of the ground transportation from place to place is provided.
The Universal Studios Day Tour is an 11-hour tour of Universal Studios Hollywood, departing from Anaheim. You visit Universal Studios and Universal CityWalk. There is also a version of this tour that includes a Front of the Line pass for Universal Hollywood, so there’s no waiting in line.
- Regular cost for the Universal Studios Day Tour is $105 for adults, $95 for children (ages 3-7).
- Regular cost for the Universal Studios Day Tour + Front of the Line is $156 (adult or child)
The Universal Studios Combo Deluxe Tour is a 13-hour tour of Universal Studios Hollywood, Los Angeles and Hollywood, departing from Anaheim. Experience the best of Universal Studios Hollywood and the excitement of Los Angeles’ spectacular City of Lights all in one action-packed day! A fun filled day at Universal Studios awaits you, followed by a bus tour of trendy Melrose Avenue, Santa Monica Boulevard and Sunset Strip, home to such spots as the Chateau Marmont Hotel, Whiskey A Go Go, House of Blues and much more! A stop at Hollywood Boulevard offers time to explore the stars on the Walk of Fame and the foot and hand prints at Mann’s Chinese Theatre. Top off your evening with a quick photo stop at Downtown LA’s beautiful music center, including the Disney Concert Hall. There is also a version of this tour that includes a Front of the Line pass for Universal Hollywood, so there’s no waiting in line.
- Regular cost for the Universal Studios Combo Deluxe Tour is $118 for adults, $102 for children (ages 3-7).
- Regular cost for the Universal Studios Combo Deluxe Tour + Front of the Line is $166 (adult or child).
- Click here to print an exclusive coupon for MouseSavers.com readers: $3 off your Universal Studios tour! Expires 6/30/14.
The official hotel for Universal Studios Hollywood is the Sheraton Universal Hotel. The hotel offers amazing views of the theme park and complimentary tram rides to Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Citywalk. There is High Speed Internet Access in each room (for an extra fee).
AAA members can sometimes get discounts on food or merchandise. Click here and enter zip code 91608 to see the latest offers.