Disneyland Resort Hotel Discounts
LAST UPDATE: 5/24/13
Disney operates three hotels as part of the Disneyland Resort. There is a beautiful, Craftsman-themed luxury hotel adjacent to Disney California Adventure theme park, the Grand Californian. There are also the much older (but refurbished) properties: Paradise Pier Hotel and the original Disneyland Hotel, both of which are high-rise hotels. Check out this page for major Disneyland Resort hotel discounts.
Click here to read detailed reviews of all three Disneyland Resort hotels, including concierge level.
Benefits of staying at the official Disneyland Resort hotels:
- Disney Resort guests can take advantage of charging privileges available with your Disney Resort ID. You can charge select Disney purchases (i.e., meals, merchandise and tickets) to your room.
- If you buy things in the park, you can have them delivered to your hotel through the Package Delivery service.
- You can use Disneyland Vacation Planning, which can book restaurants, tours, Fantasmic! Premium Seating, or even cake / gift basket delivery to your room. You can contact them at (714) 300-PLAN (7526) once you have a reservation at one of the on-site hotels.
- Disneyland Resort hotel guests receive length-of-stay access to Extra Magic Hours at Disneyland one hour before the park opens to the public on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Extra Magic Hours guests usually get access to most Fantasyland attractions, the Matterhorn and Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Star Tours, Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. Disney’s hotel guests can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours throughout their stay. Valid theme park admission and active hotel room key required.
- Disneyland Resort hotel guests will also have length-of-stay access to Extra Magic Hours at Disney California Adventure one hour before the park opens to the public on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Extra Magic Hours guests get access to select attractions in Cars Land, Golden State, Hollywood Land and Paradise Pier. Disney’s hotel guests can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours throughout their stay. Valid theme park admission and active hotel room key required.
Prices mentioned on this page do not include room tax (currently 17%) or a self-parking fee of $15/night if you have a car.
Disneyland Resort Reservations is a department at Disneyland that is geared toward booking “room only” reservations, instead of packages, and it often offers excellent rates not available elsewhere. The following discounts can be booked through the number above. Some can be booked through a Disney Specialist travel agent. Quoted rates are subject to availability and do not include tax or resort fees.
If you plan to visit Disneyland within the next few months, check Expedia first, because it will often beat any other rate for last-minute travel.
- Call (714) 956-6425 to reach the Disneyland Resort Reservations line.
- Room Rate Specials for the General Public
- Newspaper Ad Rates
- Disney’s Visa
- AAA (American Automobile Association)
- Senior Discount
- Military Discounts
- Annual Passholder Rates
- Canadian Discounts
The Disneyland hotels occasionally advertise special rates in both the LA Times and the San Diego Union-Tribune, and these rates are generally available to anyone who asks (i.e. not just local residents). Ask for the “LA Times Rate” or the “San Diego Union-Tribune Rate.” Worth a try!
- Call (714) 956-6425 to book newspaper ad rates.
Occasionally Disney’s Visa cardholders will be offered special rates at the Disneyland hotels. Generally the same offers are made available to the general public (non-cardholders) about 3-7 days later. When offered, I list the Disney’s Visa card offers below.
Note that booking through AAA will not usually get you the same great room rates as calling Disneyland Resort Reservations directly and asking for AAA rates. That’s because AAA travel agents are geared toward selling vacation packages, not “room only” reservations.
- Call (714) 956-6425 or contact a Disney Specialist travel agent to book AAA rates.
There are no Senior discounts being offered for 2013, and Disneyland reservations agents are telling callers that the discount has been discontinued.
(In the past, a 30% off discount was offered for those 60 and over. Each qualifying senior could book up to 2 rooms, so the discount provided a great opportunity for seniors to take kids and/or grandkids along at a great rate!)
If I hear that this discount has returned, I will post the information here.
Active and retired military personnel can receive discounts on select rooms at Disneyland Resort hotels. This offer is valid for stays most nights now through 9/28/13.
The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited and the following dates are blocked out for this discount: 11/22/12-11/24/12, 12/23/12-12/31/12 and 3/25/13-4/4/13.
Valid for active or retired members of the US military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the US Coast Guard. Valid Military ID will be required upon check-in and military member (or spouse) must stay in room. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. No group rates or other discounts apply. Limit two rooms per reservation and five people maximum per room. Advance reservations required. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
- Call (714) 956-6425 or contact a Disney Specialist travel agent to book Military rates.
Annual Passholders may qualify for discounted rates — call and ask for “Annual Passholder Rates.” The general discount is 10% off rack rates, and sometimes there are specials that are more deeply discounted (see below for any current specials).
Discounts are not always available, particularly during peak periods (all holidays, summer). Rates are usually lowest on Sunday-Thursday nights. The very lowest rates are typically offered at the last minute: about 1-3 months in advance. Limit 2 rooms per person at discounted rate.
- Call (714) 520-5006 or contact a Disney Specialist travel agent to book Annual Passholder rates.
- Be sure to check the Expedia rates below, which are sometimes LOWER than the Annual Passholder rates.
Get special rates on select dates through 6/30/13:
- Paradise Pier from $231/night
- Disneyland Hotel from $300/night
- Grand Californian from $368/night
Not all dates are available with this offer. Quoted rates are for select dates only, in a standard room. Rates for other dates and room types will vary. Excludes taxes and fees. Advance reservations required. Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is restricted. Hotel guest must be a valid Annual Passholder at the time of stay and valid Annual Passport must be presented at check-in. Limit two rooms per Passholder per reservation and five people maximum per room. Not valid in combination with any other hotel discounts or offers. Subject to change without notice.
- To book these Annual Passholder rates, you must log in to the Disneyland Annual Passholder site. If the link does not take you directly to the right area, click on Special Offers and select Hotel Rates for Annual Passholders.
Very occasionally a special discount only for Canadians will be released, but this is rare.
You can visit Disney.ca and click on the Special Offers tab to see any current deals specific to Canadians, but 99% of the time the offers are the same as those distributed in the US. Sometimes the Canadian offer will have a different discount code, but otherwise it will be identical to the US offer.
Canadians can book the US offers as well.
- The Disney specialist travel agency I recommend, Small World Vacations, gladly works with clients around the globe. They have many clients from Canada.
Orbitz usually charges full “rack rate” for the Disneyland hotels (Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian), but it also often offers coupon codes that take a percentage off the rate. When there are no other deals around, this can be one of the only ways to get some kind of discount on your Disneyland resort hotel room.
- New!Book any of the Disneyland hotels (Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian) through Orbitz and get 15% off rack rates for stays through 9/2/13. Use code SUNFUN15. You must book by 6/16/13.
- Book any of the Disneyland hotels (Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian) through Orbitz and get 15% off rack rates for stays through 6/30/13. Use code GRAD15. You must book by 6/30/13.
- Book any of the Disneyland hotels (Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian) through Orbitz and get 5% off rack rates for stays through 6/30/13. Use code ORBITZSAVE5. You must book by 6/30/13.
Disneyland Resort hotel rooms can often be purchased through Expedia at a significant discount. I have found discounts of up to 50% off the “rack rate” (full price) on Expedia, depending on the dates selected.
Oddly enough, sometimes Expedia has better room selection and deeper discounts than you can get directly through Disney — even better than Annual Passholder rates!
Be sure to read ALL the small print as you make your reservation (which may require you to click on a link that says “terms and conditions” or something similar) so that you are clear on any cancellation and change fees.
Direct links to check for discounted rates at Expedia:
Note: ignore the “as low as” rates on the first page. Sometimes the actual rates are lower (and sometimes higher). Be sure to try your actual dates. If your dates are flexible, be sure to try the “rate calendar” feature.
A great resource for promotional Disneyland Resort hotel rates is aRes Travel, which specializes in Southern California hotels. aRes Travel is actually located in Southern California and offers reservations for most of the local hotels as well as discounted tickets for many attractions (including Disneyland).
- You can book online with aRes Travel, or call and speak with an actual person at (800) 680-0977.
Be sure to read the specific terms of the deal you pick (click on “View Terms”) before finalizing your booking with aRes Travel. Most reservations have a 72-hour cancellation policy, but some deals require full prepayment. Some of the offers on the site incur a $25 cancellation fee and some require a nonrefundable deposit.
In my experience you’ll find better rates at the Disneyland hotels through Expedia or aRes Travel most of the time. However, once in awhile Travelocity will offer a better rate for a particular set of dates or a particular hotel. So it’s worth checking!