Disneyland Resort Hotel Discounts
LAST UPDATE: 9/1/14
Disney operates three hotels as part of the Disneyland Resort. There is a beautiful, Craftsman-themed luxury hotel adjacent to Disney California Adventure theme park, the Grand Californian. There are also the much older (but refurbished) properties: Paradise Pier Hotel and the original Disneyland Hotel, both of which are high-rise hotels. Check out this page for major Disneyland Resort hotel discounts.
Click here to read detailed reviews of all three Disneyland Resort hotels, including concierge level.
Benefits of staying at the official Disneyland Resort hotels:
- Disney Resort guests can take advantage of charging privileges available with your Disney Resort ID. You can charge select Disney purchases (i.e., meals, merchandise and tickets) to your room.
- If you buy things in the park, you can have them delivered to your hotel through the Package Delivery service.
- You can use Disneyland Vacation Planning, which can book restaurants, tours, Fantasmic! Premium Seating, or even cake / gift basket delivery to your room. You can contact them at (714) 300-PLAN (7526) once you have a reservation at one of the on-site hotels.
- Disneyland Resort hotel guests receive length-of-stay access to Extra Magic Hours at Disneyland one hour before the park opens to the public on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Extra Magic Hours guests usually get access to most Fantasyland attractions, the Matterhorn and Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Star Tours, Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. Disney’s hotel guests can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours throughout their stay. Valid theme park admission and active hotel room key required.
- Disneyland Resort hotel guests will also have length-of-stay access to Extra Magic Hours at Disney California Adventure one hour before the park opens to the public on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Extra Magic Hours guests get access to select attractions in Cars Land, Golden State, Hollywood Land and Paradise Pier. Disney’s hotel guests can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours throughout their stay. Valid theme park admission and active hotel room key required.
Prices mentioned on this page do not include room tax (currently 17%) or a self-parking fee of $15/night for up to 2 cars. Valet parking is $22 per night per vehicle.
- Room Rate Specials for the General Public
- Newspaper Ad Rates
- Disney’s Visa
- AAA (American Automobile Association)
- Military Discounts
- Annual Passholder Rates
- CheapTickets/Orbitz Special Offers
- Canadian Discounts
Late Summer Offer
Enjoy up to 20% savings on rooms Sunday through Thursday at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort, including Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel, or Paradise Pier, for stays from 8/17/14 – 9/27/14 (excluding 8/29/14 – 8/30/14).
- Save up to 15% on Standard rooms at the Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier or Grand Californian.
- Save up to 20% on Premium, Deluxe, Woods/Garden/Courtyard and select Concierge rooms and Artisan and Regal Suites at Grand Californian.
- Save up to 20% on Paradise Suites at Paradise Pier.
Book by 9/4/14. Travel must be complete by 9/28/14. Offer is not valid on suites (except Artisan, Regal and Paradise Suites) or with previously booked rooms. Excludes applicable taxes and fees. Advance reservations required. Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Limit two rooms per reservation and five people maximum per room. Not valid in combination with any other hotel discounts or offers. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
- To book this Late Summer offer, call Disneyland Resort Reservations at (714) 956-6425 or contact a Disney Specialist travel agent.
The Disneyland hotels occasionally advertise special rates in both the LA Times and the San Diego Union-Tribune, and these rates are generally available to anyone who asks (i.e. not just local residents). Ask for the “LA Times Rate” or the “San Diego Union-Tribune Rate.” Worth a try!
- To book newspaper ad rates, call Disneyland Resort Reservations at (714) 956-6425.
Occasionally Disney’s Visa cardholders will be offered special rates at the Disneyland hotels. Generally the same offers are made available to the general public (non-cardholders) about 3-7 days later. When offered, we list the Disney’s Visa card offers below.
Note: There are, as of now, no AAA/CAA discounts available for 2015 resort stays at Disneyland. The information below is valid through the end of 2014.
Note that booking through AAA will not usually get you the same great room rates as calling Disneyland Resort Reservations directly and asking for AAA rates. That’s because AAA travel agents are geared toward selling vacation packages, not “room only” reservations.
- To book AAA rates, call Disneyland Resort Reservations at (714) 956-6425 or contact a Disney Specialist travel agent.
Active and retired military personnel can receive discounts of up to 40% off select rooms at Disneyland Resort hotels. This offer is valid for stays most nights now through 10/3/15.
The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Some dates are not included (blocked out) for this offer and will price at full rack rate: those dates include 11/27/14-11/29/14, 12/24/14-12/31/14 and 3/30/15-4/4/15.
Valid for active or retired members of the US military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the US Coast Guard. Valid Military ID will be required upon check-in and military member (or spouse) must stay in room. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply. No group rates or other discounts apply. Limit two rooms per reservation and five people maximum per room. Advance reservations required. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
- To book Military rates, call Disneyland Resort Reservations at (714) 956-6425 or contact a Disney Specialist travel agent.
Annual Passholders may qualify for discounted rates — call and ask for “Annual Passholder Rates.” The general discount is 10% off rack rates, and sometimes there are specials that are more deeply discounted (see below for any current specials).
Discounts are not always available, particularly during peak periods (all holidays, summer). Rates are usually lowest on Sunday-Thursday nights. The very lowest rates are typically offered at the last minute: about 1-3 months in advance. Limit 2 rooms per person at discounted rate.
- To book Annual Passholder rates, call the Annual Passholder Resort Reservations line at (714) 520-5006 or contact a Disney Specialist travel agent.
Online Annual Passholder Rates
Disneyland Annual Passholders can get special online rates on select dates, running about 3 months in advance. Hotel guest must be a valid Annual Passholder at the time of stay and valid Annual Passport must be presented at check-in.
- To book these Annual Passholder rates, you must log in to the Disneyland Annual Passholder site. If the link does not take you directly to the right area, click on Special Offers and select Hotel Rates for Annual Passholders.
CheapTickets and Orbitz are really the same company, but they don’t always offer exactly the same deals. They usually charge full “rack rate” for the Disneyland hotels (Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian), but they also often offer coupon codes that take a percentage off the rate. When there are no other deals around, this can be one of the only ways to get some kind of discount on your Disneyland resort hotel room. And when seasonal discounted room rates are offered to the general public, sometimes the discount codes can be applied on top of Disney’s promotional discount!
For both sites, to find the official Disneyland hotels, search Anaheim – Disneyland and 4 star or higher hotels.
- Book through Orbitz and get 15% off at Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian for stays through 12/31/14. Orbitz’s base room rates are generally the same as Disney’s rates (including seasonal discounts), and those rates can be further discounted with this special code. To find the official Disneyland hotels, search Anaheim – Disneyland and 4 star or higher hotels. Be sure to type code REVIEW15 into the form under “I have a promotion code.” Expiration is given as 9/30/14, but Orbitz codes often work for a few days beyond their official expiration.
- Book through CheapTickets and get 5% off at Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian for stays through 12/31/14. CheapTickets’s base room rates are generally the same as Disney’s rates (including seasonal discounts), and those rates can be further discounted with this special code. To find the official Disneyland hotels, search Anaheim – Disneyland and 4 star or higher hotels. Be sure to type code CTXHOTEL5 into the form under “I have a promotion code.” You must book by 9/30/14.
- Orbitz has a rewards program that rebates back 1%-5% of your booking amount in the form of “Orbucks” that can be used for future bookings. If you’re not already a member of the Orbitz Rewards program, you get a $25 promo code when you join. Click here to sign up.
Very occasionally a special discount only for Canadians will be released, but this is rare.
You can visit Disney.ca and click on the Special Offers tab to see any current deals specific to Canadians, but 99% of the time the offers are the same as those distributed in the US. Sometimes the Canadian offer will have a different discount code, but otherwise it will be identical to the US offer.
Canadians can book the US offers as well.
- The Disney specialist travel agency we recommend, Small World Vacations, gladly works with clients around the globe. They have many clients from Canada.