Hertz Rental Car Discounts & Coupons
LAST UPDATE: 5/14/13
Looking for a Hertz car rental coupon or Hertz discount? On this page I’ve compiled Hertz rental car discounts, codes and coupons that can potentially save you a hundred dollars or more on a one-week Hertz car rental, including an exclusive CDP for MouseSavers.com readers that gives you special discounted Hertz rates!
To see codes and coupons for other rental car companies, plus general advice about renting a car, click here.
- Locations for Disney World, Disneyland and Aulani
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
- Hertz Discounts, Codes and Coupons
Walt Disney World (Orlando, Florida)
Hertz is located on airport property in Orlando. You can just walk right out to the garage to pick up your car.
Disneyland (Anaheim, California)
Hertz is located on airport property in Orange County, CA (SNA).
Hertz has a regular shuttle at the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
Disney’s Aulani Resort (Oahu, Hawaii)
Hertz is located on property at the Honolulu airport (HNL). You’ll take a short shuttle ride to the rental car lot.
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards is a FREE membership that allows you to register your credit card, drivers license number and other information in advance, which will speed the pick-up of your car. At over 40 of the world’s busiest airports (including LAX and Orlando) members can go straight to their cars without stopping at the counter, which is a huge time-saver. You can even get Mobile Gold Alerts sent to your phone to let you know which car you’ll be driving and where it’s parked!
At over 1,000 other locations worldwide, go to the designated Gold counter, show your license and pick up your keys.
In addition, you earn points for qualified rentals, which can be applied toward free rental days once you accumulate enough. The program also allows you to receive paperless eReceipts.
- Click here to join Hertz Gold Plus Rewards for FREE!
To find the best rates, I recommend trying every code that applies to your travel dates and desired car type when checking rates for Hertz online. Just type the code into the appropriate box on the Hertz website.
When you check rates at Hertz online, be sure to try the MouseSavers.com exclusive CDP #2002500 (simply type it into the box marked “Discount/CDP/Club Code”).
With this CDP number you qualify for the corporate rates in the chart below. Sometimes you’ll find other discounts or rates (especially AAA rates) work out to be a better deal, but the MouseSavers.com CDP rates apply with no blackout dates and for any length rental*, so they are especially good when other promotions don’t apply.
|Car Class||Car Type||Daily Rate*||Weekly Rate*||Florida Daily Rate*||Florida Weekly Rate*|
*MouseSavers.com CDP #2002500 rates include UNLIMITED free miles and NO OTHER DISCOUNTS may be applied. Does not include refueling service charges. Extra fee applies for one-way rentals. Monthly rate available at 4x weekly rate.
Surcharges apply in the following situations and locations:
- All one day rentals commencing on Tuesday and/or a Wednesday will be charged an additional $5.00 surcharge.
- Higher of the listed rates for Premium cars applies at Hertz Limited Edition locations, which are “off-airport” neighborhood locations.
- Atlanta and Texas (except Houston at Base) add $3/day.
- LAX airport and San Francisco area add $5/day.
- Baltimore/Washington DC area, Boston area, Detroit area, Philadelphia area and Chicago area add $8/day.
- Manhattan, LaGuardia, JFK, White Plains and Stamford add $27.50 for Car Class B & C, $28.50 for Car Class D & F, and no other rates above apply. Rentals must be returned to the same city or a mileage charge applies.
- Newark and Metropolitan Tri-State area except as noted above, add $17.50 for Car Class B & C, $18.50 for Car Class D & F, and no other rates above apply. Rentals must be returned to the same city or a mileage charge applies.
Thanks to Jason P for making these rates possible.
Other Hertz Codes for Anyone
The codes below are good for anyone to use and unless otherwise noted, do not require a paper coupon. However, some of them will work only for certain dates and/or car types, and some have blackout dates over certain holidays — so if one doesn’t work, try another. Rates do not include taxes and fees.
- Be sure to check the online specials on the Hertz site.
- CDP #1757580 is reportedly for readers of Car & Driver magazine. Thanks to Hot AirBus for info.
- CDP #1789649 is reportedly for readers of Travel + Leisure Golf magazine. Thanks to Hot AirBus for info.
Hertz Codes Requiring Memberships or Valid for Specific Groups Only
Unless otherwise noted, the codes listed below do not require a paper coupon. However, some of them will work only for certain dates and/or car types, and some have blackout dates over certain holidays — so if one doesn’t work, try another. Rates do not include taxes and fees.
- AAA members usually get some of the best Hertz discounts available. Get the CDP # from your local AAA regional office (it varies from region to region).
- AAA members can also use coupons when booking a car (click the link to see printable coupons). These change frequently, so be sure to print out whichever ones you use at the time of booking.
- MouseSavers.com reader George V reports that “as a AAA member, you get 1 free (baby/child) car seat with the rental of a car. We were able to use this last year and it is still listed as Hertz benefit on the AAA site.”
- Visa often has coupon codes for Hertz. Visit the Visa discounts website to see what is currently offered. You must use your Visa card to rent the car. Thanks to Tommy for info.
- Members of the Marriott Rewards frequent stay program can save on Hertz rentals. If you are not a member of Marriott Rewards, you can join online for FREE. Be sure to provide your Marriott Rewards number when renting in order to get 500 points per rental. Use CDP #154080 along with an electronic coupon code.
- If you are a member of the frequent flyer program for almost any major airline (and if you’re not, you can usually join instantly online for FREE), you can get a discount, use a coupon, and earn double miles/points/credits in the program when renting from Hertz. Click on “Special Offers” on the Hertz site and follow the links to “Save up to $30 & Earn Double Miles/Points/Credits.”
- Warehouse clubs such as Costco and BJ’s Wholesale Club may offer discounts on Hertz to their members. See the store for specific codes and coupons.
- USAA is another great source of Hertz discounts for its members. In addition to discounts of up to 25%, you get extra rental benefits, including specialized insurance coverage and no additional driver fee if the additional driver is your spouse or other USAA member. And because of its connection to the military, USAA’s agreement with Hertz allows rentals to people ages 18-24, with the “young driver fee” waived. Click here for full details and the CDP number (note that you must be a member to reach this page). Thanks to Susan L for info.
- AARP offers a discount on Hertz to its members (you must be 50 or older). See the AARP website for the Discount ID number.
- MouseSavers.com reader Paul T reports that CDP #1859906 is valid for all public sector (federal, state, county, city) employees as well as employees of non-profit organizations.