Adventures by Disney Discounts & Info
LAST UPDATE: 3/31/14
In summer 2005, Disney quietly solicited participants for some experimental vacation packages to Hawaii and Yellowstone. They called the program “Adventures by Disney.” A very limited number of participants had the opportunity to test out the concept the first year. Starting in 2006, the Adventures by Disney program became available to the public and expanded to many more destinations, including Costa Rica, France, England and Italy.
For the 2014 season (which runs through April 2015), an enhanced trip to Italy has been added, covering Florence, Rome, Venice and the Tuscan Countryside with a VIP tour of the Coliseum and the Vatican. A new itinerary based on the movie, The Sound of Music, will be offered, covering Austria, Germany and Czech Republic. Some specific dates will offer trips focusing on teen experiences for Arizona and Utah, Costa Rica and Peru. A new itinerary to Norway will be offered, that will visit the villages and landscapes that served as inspiration for the animated comedic-adventure, Frozen.
For the 2013 season (which runs through April 2014) there are 23 Adventures by Disney destinations, including new itineraries in Scotland and Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia).
Adventures by Disney guests travel in small groups limited to 40 participants, and are led by two Disney-trained Adventure Guides with the gift for family fun. (Adventures by Disney recommends that participating children be age 8 years or older.) Each adventure is filled with immersive, interactive experiences you might never have tried if you were traveling on your own. Local experts provide authenticity and character by sharing knowledge and stories.
You can expect impeccable service as well as a few surprises along the way. Vacationing is almost effortless. Travel, activities and scheduled meals during your adventure are planned. Luggage is handled for you and hotel check-ins are pre-arranged. An Adventures by Disney vacation allows you to enjoy the magic of the destination, while creating memories with your family that will last forever.
Listed below are any Adventures by Disney discounts that are currently available. While discounts on Adventures by Disney vacations are not common, there are ways to save, plus occasional “extras” that are worthwhile. You’ll also find useful details and links below to more information about these adventures.
Save up to $1,000 on your Adventures by Disney vacation when you book with Small World Vacations! Get $100 – $1000 in savings, depending on the cost of your vacation. This offer comes direct from Small World Vacations and can be combined with some promotional offers from Disney.
- Click here for full details and restrictions.
- Disney Vacation Club Member Trips with Adventures by Disney
- Group Rates
- Costco Rebates
- 2014 Season
- 2013 Season
Disney Vacation Club members can participate in three special Adventures by Disney departures in 2013. These trips include DVC member exclusive experiences, as well as a a fleece jacket, framed pin set and a gift themed to the adventure.
- June 5 - Cowboys and Canyons – an 8-day, 7-night journey through Arizona and Utah. You’ll go off the beaten path at the Grand Canyon, climb aboard an off-road vehicle for an excursion in Monument Valley, take a family rafting trip down the Colorado River, and step into the surreal landscape of Arches National Park. You might even meet a real cowboy or two! Includes these Disney Vacation Club Member Trip Exclusives: Guided Fossil Walk in the Grand Canyon with a local expert; Visit to historic Kolb Studio art exhibit in the Grand Canyon.
- June 17 - Quest for the West – an amazing 7-day, 6-night trip taking your family on a rugged adventure to Jackson Hole, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, and capping off with a 2-night stay at a private dude ranch. Disney Vacation Club Member Trip Exclusives: Jackson Hole Aerial Tram to the top of Rendezvous Mountain (4,139 ft); Saddle-up demonstration with a lesson on how horses are acclimated to the ranch, what they like to eat and their differences in personality!
- July 12 - Knights and Lights – an 8-day, 7-night adventure through London, Paris and the English countryside. It’s an unforgettable getaway, delivering the color, culture and cuisine that define these world-renowned destinations. Your family will experience it all – from Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey to the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral and beyond! Disney Vacation Club Member Trip Exclusives: Enjoy a glass of champagne in a private car on the London Eye; Savor an authentic, freshly prepared, Parisian crepe near the Eiffel Tower.
Disney Vacation Club members can book these special departures with their DVC points, or they can pay cash.
- To book a DVC member trip with points, call DVC Member Services.
- To book a DVC member trip with cash, please contact Small World Vacations.
For select destinations and dates, Disney may offer special group rates if you have 15 or more people traveling together. Group rates are available only to select destinations, and only for a few select departure dates.
- If you would like to get more information about organizing a group for an Adventures by Disney vacation, please contact Small World Vacations.
If you belong to Costco, it may be worthwhile to check into their substantial rebates on Adventures by Disney packages, which are made in the form of a Costco gift card. However, Costco Travel is NOT a full-service travel agency: don’t expect much service or information. In our experience, Costco employs “generalist” travel representatives who know little or nothing about Adventures by Disney vacations and most certainly have never been on an ABD personally. If you choose to go this route, be prepared to spend considerable time and energy doing your own research about what your package includes and how everything works. Costco Travel most definitely won’t hold your hand and won’t be able to offer any “insider” tips on what to expect.
In addition, we find the Costco reps are clueless about Disney’s promotional offers — they really only know about the Costco rebate, which is applied to a full-price Adventures by Disney package. You will have to do your own monitoring to see if any specials come out, and then see if you can get them applied to your booking. A top-notch Disney specialist agency will do this for you automatically, adjusting your reservation to reflect any current offers or discounts.
The 2014 Season went on sale to previous Adventures by Disney guests on 5/22/13 and to the general public on 5/23/13.
For the new season, an enhanced trip to Italy has been added, covering Florence, Rome, Venice and the Tuscan Countryside with a VIP tour of the Coliseum and the Vatican. A new itinerary based on the movie, The Sound of Music, will be offered, covering Austria, Germany and Czech Republic. Some specific dates will offer trips focusing on teen experiences for Arizona and Utah, Costa Rica and Peru.
The Italy Signature, Pennsylvania and Galapagos Cruise itineraries will not be offered in 2014.
To see the 2014 itineraries, click here.
- If you would like to book a 2014 Adventures by Disney vacation, please contact Small World Vacations. They have actually experienced Adventures by Disney and can give you some great insights on the program!
The 2013 Season has departures from February 2013 through April 2014. 2013 Adventures went on sale 5/23/12.
Disney announced three new adventures for the 2013 Season. Visit Scotland on “A Brave Adventure” that explores the rugged yet mystical Scottish Highlands. “Jewels of Southeast Asia” will include an itinerary through Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. Visit Costa Rica on a new “Coast to Coast” version of an Adventures by Disney perennial favorite.
To see the 2013 itineraries, click here.
- If you would like to book a 2013 Adventures by Disney vacation, please contact Small World Vacations. They have actually experienced Adventures by Disney and can give you some great insights on the program!