Transportation for Disney Vacations
Whether you plan to go on your Disney vacation by plane, train or automobile, it can be challenging to find the most economical way to get to your destination — and then you need to figure out how you’re going to get around while you are there! On these pages I’ve gathered some information about money-saving resources that will help you find the best prices on traveling to Disney, for both getting there and getting around. I also list specific transportation deals, discounts and coupons that are changed and updated frequently.
The most popular area is the Rental Cars page, which lists dozens of rental car codes, coupons and discounts that can potentially save you a hundred dollars or more on a one-week rental in Florida, Southern California or Hawaii! Be sure to check it out.
If you plan to drive around Disney World and you own a GPS navigation unit, click here for information that will make getting around even easier.
Getting There – Traveling to Disney
- Airfare – Tips and tricks for finding the best price on your airplane tickets.
- Road Trip – The journey is half the adventure. Tips from readers.
- Train – Information on Amtrak trains to Orlando and Anaheim, as well as Metrolink trains in Southern California.
- Airport Shuttle – Information on the various shared van / shuttle options for Disney World and Disneyland.
- Disney’s Magical Express – Disney’s FREE shuttle service to its hotels at Disney World.
- Private Limo, Luxury Sedan or Van Service – A surprisingly reasonable option, especially for groups of three or more, available for both Orlando and Anaheim as well as for transfers to the cruise ports.
- Rental Car – Tons of good ideas for getting the best possible deal in California or Florida, as well as Disney’s Aulani in Hawaii!
- Taxi – Be sure to consider this — it could be cheaper than renting a car at Walt Disney World!