Welcome to the New MouseSavers.com!
If you’re a regular here at MouseSavers.com, the site probably seems a little different to you. That’s because we’ve made a few changes!
- The design and navigation have changed a bit, though most things have stayed more or less in the same place. An example of a change: now you can “open” an item in the navigation menu on the left with the little + sign and “close” the item with the little – sign. This allows you to see all the major sub-menus of that item.
- New!On the old site, newly added items were in red, like this. On the new site, I’ll be using the red NEW graphic you see to the left instead.
- Every page of MouseSavers.com has been renamed. If you’ve bookmarked an old URL (web page address) on this site, it should forward to the new URL. If it doesn’t, please let me know.
- The search has changed, though it works similarly to the old search. To find every page that mentions a specific word or words, just type the word(s) into the box. If you want to find pages that have a specific phrase, put the phrase in quotation marks (e.g., “Disneyland tickets”).
- There is now a mobile version of the site, which will display automatically if your screen is below a certain size. The mobile version contains all of the content of the regular site but has a slightly different layout, including a collapsible navigation system that allows the main text to fill more of the screen.
- The underlying code of MouseSavers.com has been been updated from plain old — and I do mean old — HTML to CSS/HTML5, and the site has been moved onto the WordPress platform. (No, it’s not a blog now. WordPress merely makes it easier to keep the site maintained, and it may allow me to add new features in the future.) You probably won’t notice these changes much, if at all. It’s a little like getting the plumbing in your house replaced: everything will run much more smoothly, but visitors to your house won’t see it.
- We’ve spent weeks working our way through a test version of the site. However, it’s still possible some things may not have transitioned properly. If you find a problem, please let me know.
I hope you enjoy the new site!