SeaWorld San Diego Discounts and Deals
LAST UPDATE: 8/9/22
SeaWorld San Diego has theme park rides, shows and marine animal exhibits. They have a number of well-regarded roller coasters, including Manta, and in summer of 2020 will open California’s tallest and fastest floorless dive coaster, the Emperor, named after the Emperor penguin. Their animal exhibits feature penguins, beluga whales, otters and fish of all kinds. SeaWorld San Diego is located in San Diego’s Mission Bay Park. Check below for the latest SeaWorld San Diego discounts, coupons and offers.
If you need tickets to SeaWorld and other Southern California attractions, it’s worth checking out the available multi-attraction ticket discounts to see if they can save you extra money. Be sure to compare the final cost of a multi-park pass to the combined cost of the individual tickets; the best deal varies depending on the specific attractions and the discounts that are currently available.
All offers are subject to change without notice. Always call ahead and confirm before driving out of your way to take advantage of a particular offer! To check the most current health and safety measures, please visit SeaWorld San Diego’s Park Safety page.
- SeaWorld San Diego Gate Prices
- SeaWorld San Diego Ticket Discounts
- Discounts on Multi-Park Tickets that include SeaWorld
- Hotels near SeaWorld San Diego
Please note: SeaWorld San Diego charges a $9.99 processing fee per online order.
Regular admission is $109.99 for adults and kids (ages 3+). Children ages 2 and under are free.
1-Year memberships are available with varying levels of benefits.
Parking is $25 per day for single cars and motorcycles, $30 for RVs and campers, $17 for motorcycles. Up-Close Parking starts at $28 per day and VIP parking starts at $35 per day. General Parking is free for Annual Pass Members.
- SeaWorld Website
- SeaWorld San Diego Annual Passes
- Discount Tickets from Undercover Tourist
- Fast Food & Grocery Store Promotions
- Costco Ticket Discounts
- FREE Tickets for Active Military and Veterans
- FREE 2022 Teacher Fun Card
- Preschool Fun Cards
- California Resident Ticket Discounts
- Air Miles
- Multi-Park Tickets & Passes
Check the SeaWorld San Diego website for current special offers, but make sure you compare their offers to deals listed below. Check out the Multi-Park Tickets & Passes section on this page before purchasing multi-park passes (SeaWorld + San Diego Zoo, Universal Studios etc.) on the SeaWorld site. You can often find a slightly better deal than what’s offered on the SeaWorld site.
There is a $9.99 service fee per order added to online purchases.
- New!Tickets as low as $54.99! Regularly 109.99/ticket for adults and children (ages 3-9). Tickets are date specific. Sale ends soon.
- New!Save $25 Plus 2nd Day FREE! Visit SeaWorld San Diego two times before 12/31/22 for only $74.99 (regularly $199)! Sale ends soon. Visits must occur by 12/31/22. Sale ends soon.
- New!Save over 30% on a 2-Park Ticket! Visit SeaWorld San Diego and the brand new Sesame Place San Diego for $119.99 (regularly $179.98)! Visits must occur by 12/31/22. Sale ends soon.
SeaWorld San Diego Annual Passes
SeaWorld San Diego Annual Passes come with varying levels of benefits, and are good for 1 year from date of purchase. Annual Passes are for guests ages 3 and above. Select the “Buy Tickets and Passes” tab to find these passes.
- New!Summer Sale on SeaWorld San Diego Annual Passes! Silver passes start at $147, Gold passes at $180 and Platinum passes start at $282. Sale ends 7/31/22.
SeaWorld Silver Annual Pass: 1 full year of unlimited admission (no blockout dates), free general parking and 50% off up-close parking, 2 free tickets for guests, 10% off dining and 20% off merchandise, 10% off animal encounters and 20% off quick queue, and more. Cost is $165 for adults or children. The all new Sesame Place San Diego can be added to this pass for an additional $66.
SeaWorld Gold Annual Pass: 1 full year of unlimited admission (no blockout dates), free up-close parking, 4 free tickets for guests, and 15% off dining and 30% off merchandise, 15% off animal interactions, priority fast lane park entrance, 30% off quick queue and more. Cost is $195 for adults or children. The all new Sesame Place San Diego can be added to this pass for an additional $84. (Note: if you want to purchase the Gold Pass with Sesame Place San Diego you should consider the Platinum Pass, which will cost a few dollars less and includes Sesame Place.)
SeaWorld Platinum All Parks Annual Pass: 1 full year unlimited admission to 11 SeaWorld Park locations (CA, FL, VA, TX, PA), and includes the all new Sesame Place San Diego, free up-close Parking (if available), 6 free tickets for guests, free reserved seating at select shows, 20% off dining, 40% off merchandise at SeaWorld San Diego, one FREE single-ride Quick Queue and 50% off daily and all season quick queue, one FREE animal experience, and more. Cost is $315 for adults or children.
Annual pass membership is marketed primarily to locals but you do not have to be a Southern California resident to buy these passes. Restrictions may apply. Passes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- If you plan to buy any 1-year pass, doing so in advance on the SeaWorld San Diego website means you’ll get free parking on your first day. For passes purchased at the park, the parking benefit starts after the first visit.
Undercover Tourist, a great ticket vendor we’ve recommended for many years, offers significant discounts on SeaWorld San Diego tickets and tickets for other California and Florida attractions. We really like Undercover Tourist because they constantly strive to have both the best prices and best customer service in the business. That’s a tall order, but we have years of experience and feedback from our readers that tells us they really deliver!
Exclusive Discounts for MouseSavers Newsletter Subscribers
Undercover Tourist offers its best prices to subscribers to the FREE MouseSavers Newsletter and Hot Deals announcements! By using the exclusive link located in every monthly MouseSavers Newsletter, you always get an extra discount on most tickets, and the lowest prices Undercover Tourist offers, across the board! In addition, Undercover Tourist puts a handful of individual tickets on sale every month, and those tickets are offered only to Hot Deals subscribers! (It’s a different set of tickets every month, and can include any combination of Disneyland, Walt Disney World and/or other California or Florida attractions.) The MouseSavers Newsletter and the Hot Deals emails also contain exclusive hotel and other discounts not found anywhere else. Remember, it’s completely FREE.
- Sign up today for the FREE MouseSavers Newsletter and optional FREE Hot Deals emails! The main newsletter comes out on the 15th of each month (or the next business day) and the Hot Deals announcement with the special Undercover Tourist sale prices comes out on the final Monday of each month (or the next business day). We do not send out the private links separately from the newsletters, so please plan ahead.
Fast food restaurants and grocery stores frequently offer SeaWorld ticket discounts. When we hear about them, we will list them here. If no expiration date is listed, the date is unknown and the offer may end at any time.
Some Costco stores in Southern California carry discounted SeaWorld San Diego tickets from time to time. These are often a great deal, so it’s worth checking with your local store.
Costco.com sometimes offers a very good discount on SeaWorld San Diego tickets and you don’t have to be a Costco member to buy through their site. (Non-members pay a 5% surcharge, however.) There is a shipping charge when ordering from Costco.com. Thanks to Kimberly for info.
Through 12/31/22, members of the military (active duty military, active reservists, National Guard, Coast Guard) and as many as three direct dependents may enter SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Sesame Place parks with complimentary admission. You must register in advance at www.wavesofhonor.com and complete a form, which you take with you to the theme park along with valid ID. See more information here.
Certified K-12 classroom teachers in Southern California and Arizona are eligible to receive one complimentary Teacher Fun Card good for unlimited admission through 12/31/22. Some blockout dates will apply.
Preschool Fun Cards for the 2022 year have sold out. Please check back in early January for 2023 cards.
California residents sometimes enjoy special discounts, which can be purchased on the SeaWorld San Diego website. Resident ID and credit card used to purchase your tickets are both required at point of park entry.
Reader reports that Canadians can redeem Air Miles for select SeaWorld San Diego tickets. Thanks to Dawn N for info.
If you know you want to visit other attractions as well as SeaWorld, there are a number of discount pass options available that can save you a lot of money, and eliminate the hassle of buying all of your tickets individually. We’ve scouted out some of the best discounts you can find from reputable companies and describe them here. For more details and pricing just click on the pass name.
Go City San Diego Pass is an all-inclusive pass that allow you to visit as many attractions as you want within a set number of days (usually 3 to 7 days). You pay one discount price for the number of days you choose. Note that SeaWorld is only included on 3-, 5- and 7-day Go Passes. These work well if you are visiting at least two or three major attractions plus some less expensive attractions. The more attractions you visit, the more you save.
Go City San Diego Pass : If you want to fit in as much as you can in 3- to 7-days using one simple pass for one price, consider this all-inclusive pass. This pass includes SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Zoo Safari Park, Knott’s Berry Farm, harbor tours, museums, plus multiple other attractions in the San Diego area. The 3, 5 and 7-day Go City San Diego Passes includes daily entry into SeaWorld for the duration of the pass. You can skip the ticket line at SeaWorld when you choose Instant Delivery at checkout — go straight to the turnstiles and present your pass on your smartphone for immediate entry. Plus, MouseSavers readers get an extra 10% discount off their total pass purchase!
Looking for a place to stay near SeaWorld San Diego? Choices are plentiful in the San Diego area near SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo, and getting around San Diego is fairly easy by car. If you don’t have a place in mind, we suggest checking out the hotels below. Our recommendations are not the cheapest places you can find– there are plenty of those out there– but we feel they offer a very good value for your dollar. As with our preferred hotels for Disney, we suggest accommodations that will enhance your stay while not breaking the bank. That said, if you are used to Orlando area pricing, you will be in for some sticker shock. Low rates for decent but average hotels start at around $80-$120/night, mid-range hotels start at around $120 and can run upwards to $275/night or higher in peak seasons.
SeaWorld is located at 500 Sea World Drive, San Diego, California 92109.
If you don’t know where to start, we suggest checking out:
- Holiday Inn Express, San Diego-SeaWorld – Less than 1 mile from SeaWorld and about 5 miles from the Zoo and downtown San Diego. Modestly priced standard hotel that includes FREE full hot breakfast and free internet.
- Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel, Shelter Island (SW & Zoo). Located about 5-1/2 miles from SeaWorld and 8-1/2 miles from the Zoo, this hotel on Shelter Island offers standard rooms and suites with marina views.
- Hilton Garden Inn, San Diego Oldtown/SeaWorld Area – Brand new hotel in San Diego-Old Town near Historic State Park and trolley station, minutes to SeaWorld, the Zoo and downtown.
- San Diego Mission Bay Resort – 2 miles from SeaWorld on Mission Bay. Deluxe resort and spa with beach access.
Sometimes the best offers are directly through the hotels’ own websites, and if you are a member of a specific loyalty program, you probably want to search across all of that hotel company’s brands. For example, Hilton owns DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Waldorf Astoria, etc. Here are links to the overall parent company websites where you can search their whole portfolio– use San Diego, California, zip code 92109 to find hotels closest to SeaWorld:
- Hilton Hotels (DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hampton, Homewood Suites)
- Marriott Hotels (Westin, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton, Courtyard, Fairfield, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites, TownePlace Suites)
- Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) (Candlewood Suites, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites)
- Choice Hotels (Clarion, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites)
- Wyndham Hotel Group (Howard Johnson, Ramada, Super 8, Travelodge)