SeaWorld San Diego Discounts and Deals
LAST UPDATE: 2/26/21
Coronavirus-related update: SeaWorld San Diego reopens February 6, 2021. For more information and updates about rescheduling visits and park changes resulting from Covid-19 see this link.
SeaWorld San Diego has theme park rides, shows and marine animal exhibits. They have a number of well-regarded roller coasters, including Manta, and in summer of 2020 will open California’s tallest and fastest floorless dive coaster, the Emperor, named after the Emperor penguin. Their animal exhibits feature penguins, beluga whales, otters and fish of all kinds. SeaWorld San Diego is located in San Diego’s Mission Bay Park. Check below for the latest SeaWorld San Diego discounts, coupons and offers.
If you need tickets to SeaWorld and other Southern California attractions, it’s worth checking out the available multi-attraction ticket discounts to see if they can save you extra money. Be sure to compare the final cost of a multi-park pass to the combined cost of the individual tickets; the best deal varies depending on the specific attractions and the discounts that are currently available.
All offers are subject to change without notice. Always call ahead and confirm before driving out of your way to take advantage of a particular offer!
- SeaWorld San Diego Gate Prices
- SeaWorld San Diego Ticket Discounts
- Discounts on Multi-Park Tickets that include SeaWorld
- Hotels near SeaWorld San Diego
Please note: SeaWorld San Diego charges a $9.99 processing fee per online order.
Regular admission is $93.99 for adults and kids (ages 3+). Children ages 2 and under are free.
1-Year memberships are available with varying levels of benefits.
Parking is $25 per day for single cars and motorcycles, $30 for RVs and campers, $17 for motorcycles. Up-Close Parking starts at $28 per day and VIP parking starts at $35 per day. General Parking is free for Annual Pass Members.
- SeaWorld Website
- SeaWorld San Diego Annual Passes
- Discount Tickets from Undercover Tourist
- Fast Food & Grocery Store Promotions
- Costco Ticket Discounts
- FREE Tickets for Active Military and Veterans
- FREE 2021 Teacher Fun Card
- New!Preschool Fun Cards
- California Resident Ticket Discounts
- Air Miles
- Multi-Park Tickets & Passes
Check the SeaWorld San Diego website for current special offers, but make sure you compare their offers to deals listed below. Check out the Multi-Park Tickets & Passes section on this page before purchasing multi-park passes (SeaWorld + San Diego Zoo, Universal Studios etc.) on the SeaWorld site. You can often find a slightly better deal than what’s offered on the SeaWorld site.
There is a $9.99 service fee per order added to online purchases.
- New!Save up to $30 on a Single Day Ticket! Limited time offer. Cost is $63.99/ticket for adults and children (ages 3-9). Tickets are date specific and subject to park capacity. Prepaid parking is strongly encouraged.
- New!Save $50 on a Single Day Ticket + Dine and Drink Bundle! Limited time offer. Cost is $79.99/adult, $74.99/child (ages 3-9). Tickets are date specific and subject to park capacity. Prepaid parking is strongly encouraged.
- New!SeaWorld San Diego Fun Cards are available for $93.99. Fun Cards are good for visits throughout 2021. Some blockout dates apply. Reservations are required prior to each visit.
- Save $20 on a Single Day Ticket! Cost is $73.99/ticket. Tickets are date specific and subject to park capacity. Prepaid parking is strongly encouraged.
SeaWorld San Diego Annual Passes come with varying levels of benefits, and are good for 1 year from date of purchase. Annual Passes are for guests ages 3 and above.
SeaWorld Silver Annual Pass: 1 full year of unlimited admission (no blockout dates), free general parking, 2 free tickets for friends for specific events only, 10% off dining and shopping and more. Cost is $123 for adults or children.
SeaWorld Gold Annual Pass: 1 full year of unlimited admission (no blockout dates), free general parking, 3 free tickets for friends for specific events only, and up to 15% off dining, shopping and Quick Queue, 25% off select animal experiences plus 1 FREE All-Day Quick Queue and more. Cost is $150 for adults or children.
SeaWorld Platinum All Parks Annual Pass: 1 full year unlimited admission to SeaWorld, free Up-Close Parking (if available), 4 free tickets for friends for specific events only, 3 free tickets at Aquatica San Diego for select dates, 2 free all-day Quick Queues at SeaWorld San Diego, 2 free all-day Quick Queues at Aquatica, free reserved seating at select shows, 20% off dining, shopping, Quick Queue and Premium Cabanas, and 50% off select animal experiences, plus admission to Aquatica San Diego and 9 other SeaWorld parks (excluding Discovery Cove, Orlando). Cost is $213 for adults or children.
Annual pass membership is marketed primarily to locals but you do not have to be a Southern California resident to buy these passes. Restrictions may apply. Passes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- If you plan to buy any 1-year pass, doing so in advance on the SeaWorld San Diego website means you’ll get free parking on your first day. For passes purchased at the park, the parking benefit starts after the first visit.
- 2-Park passes that include SeaWorld San Diego and Aquatica San Diego are also available.
Undercover Tourist, a great ticket vendor we’ve recommended for many years, offers significant discounts on SeaWorld San Diego tickets and tickets for other California and Florida attractions. We really like Undercover Tourist because they constantly strive to have both the best prices and best customer service in the business. That’s a tall order, but we have years of experience and feedback from our readers that tells us they really deliver!
Exclusive Discounts for MouseSavers Newsletter Subscribers
Undercover Tourist offers its best prices to subscribers to the FREE MouseSavers Newsletter and Hot Deals announcements! By using the exclusive link located in every monthly MouseSavers Newsletter, you always get an extra discount on most tickets, and the lowest prices Undercover Tourist offers, across the board! In addition, Undercover Tourist puts a handful of individual tickets on sale every month, and those tickets are offered only to Hot Deals subscribers! (It’s a different set of tickets every month, and can include any combination of Disneyland, Walt Disney World and/or other California or Florida attractions.) The MouseSavers Newsletter and the Hot Deals emails also contain exclusive hotel and other discounts not found anywhere else. Remember, it’s completely FREE.
- Sign up today for the FREE MouseSavers Newsletter and optional FREE Hot Deals emails! The main newsletter comes out on the 15th of each month (or the next business day) and the Hot Deals announcement with the special Undercover Tourist sale prices comes out on the final Monday of each month (or the next business day). We do not send out the private links separately from the newsletters, so please plan ahead.
Fast food restaurants and grocery stores frequently offer SeaWorld ticket discounts. When we hear about them, we will list them here. If no expiration date is listed, the date is unknown and the offer may end at any time.
Some Costco stores in Southern California carry discounted SeaWorld San Diego tickets from time to time. These are often a great deal, so it’s worth checking with your local store.
Costco.com sometimes offers a very good discount on SeaWorld San Diego tickets and you don’t have to be a Costco member to buy through their site. (Non-members pay a 5% surcharge, however.) There is a shipping charge when ordering from Costco.com. Thanks to Kimberly for info.
Through 12/31/21, members of the military (active duty military, active reservists, National Guard, Coast Guard) and as many as three direct dependents may enter SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Sesame Place parks with complimentary admission. You must register in advance at www.wavesofhonor.com and complete a form, which you take with you to the theme park along with valid ID.
Certified K-12 classroom teachers in Southern California and Arizona are eligible to receive one complimentary Teacher Fun Card plus 2 free Single-Day tickets to SeaWorld San Diego. Registration deadline is 5/1/2021. Cards entitle you to unlimited admission through the year. You must register at ID.me for the 2021 Teacher Fun Card.
New!SeaWorld San Diego Preschool Fun Cards for $20! Limited quantities are available! For a limited time, SeaWorld San Diego Fun Cards are available for preschoolers (ages 3-5) for only $20 (regularly $93.99). Online redemption deadline is 5/1/21 and first visits must occur on or before 5/1/21. Cards must be purchased by 5/1/21.
New!SeaWorld + Aquatica San Diego Preschool Fun Cards for $50! Limited quantities are available! For a limited time, 2-Park Preschool Fun Cards are available for preschoolers (ages 3-5) for only $50 (regularly $143.90). Online redemption deadline is 5/1/21 and first visits must occur on or before 5/1/21. Cards must be purchased by 5/1/21.
California residents sometimes enjoy special discounts, which can be purchased on the SeaWorld San Diego website. Resident ID and credit card used to purchase your tickets are both required at point of park entry.
Reader reports that Canadians can redeem Air Miles for select SeaWorld San Diego tickets. Thanks to Dawn N for info.
If you know you want to visit other attractions as well as SeaWorld, there are a number of discount pass options available that can save you a lot of money, and eliminate the hassle of buying all of your tickets individually. We’ve scouted out some of the best discounts you can find from reputable companies and describe them here. For more details and pricing just click on the pass name.
Go San Diego Pass is an all-inclusive pass that allow you to visit as many attractions as you want within a set number of days (usually 3 to 7 days). You pay one discount price for the number of days you choose. Note that SeaWorld is only included on 3-, 5- and 7-day Go Passes. These work well if you are visiting at least two or three major attractions plus some less expensive attractions. The more attractions you visit, the more you save.
Go San Diego Pass : If you want to fit in as much as you can in 3- to 7-days using one simple pass for one price, consider this all-inclusive pass. This pass includes SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Zoo Safari Park, Knott’s Berry Farm, harbor tours, museums, plus multiple other attractions in the San Diego area. The 3, 5 and 7-day Go San Diego Passes includes daily entry into SeaWorld for the duration of the pass. You can skip the ticket line at SeaWorld when you choose Instant Delivery at checkout — go straight to the turnstiles and present your pass on your smartphone for immediate entry. Plus, MouseSavers readers get an extra 10% discount off their total pass purchase!
Select where you want to go from dozens of attractions and build your own custom pass. You’ll save 20% off gate prices when you select 2 or more attractions. You have 30 days from first use to visit your selected attractions.
Build Your Own San Diego Pass: This build-it-yourself pass can include any combination of SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland, the San Diego Zoo, San Diego Wild Animal Safari Park and the new Aquatica San Diego, and many other attractions. You can add Los Angeles and Las Vegas attractions to this pass! Passes are good for 30 days from first use.
Looking for a place to stay near SeaWorld San Diego? Choices are plentiful in the San Diego area near SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo, and getting around San Diego is fairly easy by car. If you don’t have a place in mind, we suggest checking out the hotels below. Our recommendations are not the cheapest places you can find– there are plenty of those out there– but we feel they offer a very good value for your dollar. As with our preferred hotels for Disney, we suggest accommodations that will enhance your stay while not breaking the bank. That said, if you are used to Orlando area pricing, you will be in for some sticker shock. Low rates for decent but average hotels start at around $80-$120/night, mid-range hotels start at around $120 and can run upwards to $275/night or higher in peak seasons.
SeaWorld is located at 500 Sea World Drive, San Diego, California 92109.
If you don’t know where to start, we suggest checking out:
- Holiday Inn Express, San Diego-SeaWorld – Less than 1 mile from SeaWorld and about 5 miles from the Zoo and downtown San Diego. Modestly priced standard hotel that includes FREE full hot breakfast and free internet.
- Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel, Shelter Island (SW & Zoo). Located about 5-1/2 miles from SeaWorld and 8-1/2 miles from the Zoo, this hotel on Shelter Island offers standard rooms and suites with marina views.
- Hilton Garden Inn, San Diego Oldtown/SeaWorld Area – Brand new hotel in San Diego-Old Town near Historic State Park and trolley station, minutes to SeaWorld, the Zoo and downtown.
- San Diego Mission Bay Resort – 2 miles from SeaWorld on Mission Bay. Deluxe resort and spa with beach access.
Sometimes the best offers are directly through the hotels’ own websites, and if you are a member of a specific loyalty program, you probably want to search across all of that hotel company’s brands. For example, Hilton owns DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Waldorf Astoria, etc. Here are links to the overall parent company websites where you can search their whole portfolio– use San Diego, California, zip code 92109 to find hotels closest to SeaWorld:
- Hilton Hotels (DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hampton, Homewood Suites)
- Marriott Hotels (Westin, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton, Courtyard, Fairfield, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites, TownePlace Suites)
- Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) (Candlewood Suites, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites)
- Choice Hotels (Clarion, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites)
- Wyndham Hotel Group (Howard Johnson, Ramada, Super 8, Travelodge)