Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Theme Park Entrance
Special Offers and Rate Discounts
MouseSavers.com Readers always get best available member rates PLUS 2,000 extra rewards points per night at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Theme Park Entrance! These points are in addition to the points you’ll already receive for your nightly rate as a Marriott Bonvoy (formerly Marriott Rewards) Member. And, these rates are fully changeable and refundable up to 48 hours prior to arrival. See details.
Health and Safety Adjustments: The Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Theme Park Entrance re-opened on 5/5/21. Reservations currently can be made for stays 5/5/21 and beyond. Please see below for more health and safety adjustment details.
Why We Like It
The Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance is a welcome addition to the off-property hotels near Disneyland. Located on South Harbor Boulevard, next to the Howard Johnson hotel in Anaheim, the Courtyard is just a 10-minute walk from the entrance to Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure.
This Courtyard by Marriott offers larger-than-average rooms that easily sleep up to 6 and a waterpark with 30-foot waterslides, a 400-gallon drench bucket, and separate kiddie and lap pools. A terrific location and family-friendly culture have made it an immediate hit since opening in the summer of 2015. The Courtyard has already established a reputation for exceptional service and cleanliness, and is actually owned by the same family that owns the Howard Johnson across the street, a perennial favorite of MouseSavers readers. In fact, the hotel is so popular that special deals and discounts are seldom available.
While rates are somewhat higher than you might find at similar branded hotels, rates are lower than you’ll find at the comparable Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel, and the value is excellent. The Courtyard is a 100% non-smoking hotel.
Room Occupancy: up to 6 people
Park Transportation: Anaheim Resort Transportation (ART)
Nightly Resort Fee: None
Self-Parking: On-site valet parking only; $26/day + tax
- Reservations: The Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Theme Park Entrance is open and accepting new reservations.
- Cancel/refund policy: Reservations are fully changeable and refundable up to 48 hours prior to arrival.
- Safety measures: All public areas and rooms are undergoing increased cleaning and sanitizing procedures, and all cleaning products are EPA approved. For detailed information review the hotel’s “Commitment to Clean” page. Social distancing measures are in place for all public spaces, and reservations are required for the waterpark and pool area. Approved masks are required in indoor public areas. Disinfecting wipes are available in each guest room. In an effort to respect your space and keep your and staff safe, housekeeping will only be provided on request between 9am and 4pm.
- Dining: The Bistro is currently open with a limited menu. Capacity is limited to 50%; seating has been removed from the bar top and only available at tables that have been placed 6 feet apart.
- Park Shuttle Service: It’s an easy walk to the Disneyland entrance; Anaheim Resort Transportation (ART) is available for a small fee.
- Pools and Outdoor areas: Surfside Waterpark and Pool is open and available from 10am – 9pm daily; reservations are required for access into the Waterpark and Pool facilities.
- Amenities: Fitness Center is open 24 hours daily with occupancy limits and equipment limited with social distancing guidelines in place. The gift shop is open daily from 7am – 11pm with occupancy limits of a maximum of 3 families.
- Parking: The hotel will offer valet parking only. Valet: $26.00 /day + tax. Additional sanitization procedures are in place for every vehicle.
- Elevators: Social distancing in elevators will allow for 4 people at one time. Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed in each elevator cab.
- Reservations: You can book reservations with MouseSavers offer up to 50 weeks in advance.
Built to be family-friendly, the Courtyard offers extra large rooms that accommodate up to six people. Each room has over 530 square feet of space and features either one king size bed or two queen size beds and all rooms feature twin bunk beds. There are a few 1-bedroom suites with twin bunk beds included in a separate living area.
Rooms are stylishly decorated in hues of rusty orange, brown and blue, and include a banquet or diner-style table with corner booth style seating and an overhead lamp – a great gathering spot for a snack or game. A fanciful seascape mural adorns one entire wall, reminding you that you are on vacation. Every guest room includes two showers: one shower/tub in the vanity area and an additional glass walled shower in a separate toilet area. Having access to two separate showers offers a huge time saving value for families!
Standard room amenities include:
- FREE high-speed Wi-Fi
- flat-screen LCD televisions with Netflix streaming
- two telephones with voicemail
- small refrigerator
- Keurig coffee maker
- 2 showers
- double vanities
- hair dryer
- iron and ironing board
- digital safe
All rooms are non-smoking, and have been constructed with double pane windows, which means you won’t hear street noise or the kids playing at the waterpark. Some rooms have views of Disneyland Park.
There are several dining options both in and just outside of the Courtyard Marriott.
The Bistro, just off the main lobby, is the hotel’s main restaurant and is open for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast includes hot and cold breakfast dishes such as oatmeal, fresh fruit, as well as eggs with bacon and breakfast sandwiches. The dinner menu consists of heavy appetizers like BBQ chicken flatbread or buffalo wings, several salad entrees and hot sandwiches or simply 1/2 roasted chicken or BBQ Ribs. Starbucks coffee and beverages are available throughout the day at The Bistro.
Outdoor terrace seating area is adjacent to the Bistro and features a cozy fire pit. Guests can order food and drinks from the Bistro menu to enjoy outdoors, and even watch the fireworks!
The Market is open 24/7 for grab-and-go snacks, beverages, and sundries. The Market is fairly limited in what’s available, and is pricey. If you want to stock up your mini-fridge with snacks, or milk, water and sodas you would do better to walk or drive to one of the various small markets or drugstores on South Harbor Boulevard or a nearby grocery store.
There are Safeway grocery stores located north of the Disneyland parks at 130 W. Lincoln, or just south of the parks at 12961 W. Chapman, in Garden Grove.
If none of those options meet your needs, you can stroll about 100 feet from the Courtyard lobby to Mimi’s Cafe, a terrific, value-priced restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Mimi’s is a regional chain and we’ve eaten there many times. It has attractive theming (each room of the restaurant is slightly different) and excellent food. If you get tired of Mimi’s — which will be difficult, because it has a huge menu — you’re only about a 3- to 5-minute walk from other dining options, including Panera Bread, McDonalds, La Brea Bakery, Denny’s and IHOP.
- Surfside Waterpark,* a large water playground located on the grounds of the hotel, includes:
- two 30-foot waterslides and several smaller slides
- 400-gallon drench bucket
- kiddie pool area with beach-style entry
- outdoor heated pool
- restroom facilities
- All of the water features are heated to 82 degrees all year (the whirlpool spa is heated to 104 degrees). Surfside Waterpark has something for adults, kids and toddlers so the entire family can play together.
- fitness center – 1,100 square foot state-of-the-art fitness facility with cardiovascular equipment, and Web console flexstrider/treadmill/elliptical/bikes & weights. Guests must be 16 years of age or older to use the fitness facility unless accompanied by an adult.
- gift shop
- concierge desk
- business center
It is an easy walk from the Courtyard by Marriott to the main gate into the theme parks. It should take you about 10 minutes. (Believe it or not, this hotel is almost exactly the same distance from the Disneyland entrance plaza as the furthest tower of the Disneyland Hotel!) If you prefer not to walk, the hotel participates in the Anaheim Resort Transportation system (known as ART), which will take you to and from the Disney parks all day for a small fee.
On-site valet parking is required at the Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Theme Park Entrance property and is $24/day + tax. Self-parking is not available.
There is no airport shuttle service to this hotel, however you can take a cab or Lyft from John Wayne Airport (Orange County) for about $47 one way, or alternately use a private shuttle service such as Karmel Shuttle for $16/person one way. Cab fare from LAX runs about $125 one way, or alternately use a private shuttle service such as Karmel Shuttle for $22/person one way. The Disneyland Resort Express airport motor coach is also available for pick up and drop off at the neighboring Howard Johnson.
You Should Know
There is no self-parking at this property. If you have a car, you will need to valet park.
*Surfside Waterpark including the pool, waterslides, whirlpool and splash deck will be closed for renovations January 5 – 16, 2020.
MouseSavers guests get the best available flexible Member rates PLUS 2,000 points/night at the Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Theme Park Entrance!
- Book your stay at the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance and earn an extra 2,000 rewards points per night! (You must enter promo code WJ4 under Special Rate. Select “View Rates” then select the Corporate/Promo/SET# category and type in WJ4.)
MouseSavers guests will receive best available flexible (refundable and changeable) member rates when using the link above. Reservations are fully changeable and refundable up to 48 hours prior to arrival.
MouseSavers guests will receive an extra 2,000 Marriott Bonvoy (formerly Marriott Rewards) Points per night from their room rate. These points are in addition to the points you’ll receive for your room rate as a Marriott Bonvoy member.
If you are not already a member, not a problem, go ahead and book this offer and you will automatically be enrolled in the Marriott Bonvoy program. It’s FREE to join!
On-site valet parking is required at the Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Theme Park Entrance property and is $26/day + tax. Self-parking is not available.
Please view the hotel’s recent Health and Safety Adjustments for any changes made in response to Covid-19.