Disney Ticket Price Increases Expected
Walt Disney World (Florida) and Disneyland (California) ticket prices last increased on February 28, 2016. Disney tends to raise ticket prices about once a year, so if you have a trip planned, we recommend that you buy your tickets now.
Universal Studios Hollywood last raised their ticket prices on March 19, 2016, and we also expect them to raise prices some time soon. Universal Orlando last raised prices November 15, 2016, so we don’t expect those to go up any time soon.
The bottom line is that if you have a trip to any of these parks planned, get your tickets now. We recommend two discount vendors that we have found to be highly reliable and have some of the lowest prices available: Undercover Tourist for Walt Disney World tickets and aRes Travel for Disneyland or Universal Studios Hollywood tickets.
Regular Walt Disney World multi-day tickets remain valid forever if unused. The expiration clock doesn’t start ticking until you use the first day, even if that’s many years in the future. If you know you’ll be visiting at some point in the future, there’s not much downside to buying early; they aren’t going to get any cheaper.
Disneyland tickets do expire at the end of the year you purchase them (or the next year, if you purchase them close to the end of the year). Current regular tickets expire at the end of 2017. Completely unused tickets can still be turned in toward the price of new tickets, so if you don’t end up using them you don’t lose the money, but there’s no real reason to buy Disneyland tickets much more than a year in advance.
Universal Studios Hollywood tickets do expire at the end of the year you purchase them (or the next year, if you purchase them close to the end of the year). Current regular tickets expire at the end of 2017.
Here’s a table of the dates that the price increased at the parks.
Historical price increase dates for the Disney parks:
|Walt Disney World||Disneyland|
|2013||Jun 2||Jun 2|
|2014||Feb 23||May 18|
|2015||Feb 22 (APs Oct 4)||Feb 22 (APs Oct 4)|
|2016||Feb 28||Feb 28|
- For most people, the best source for discounted Walt Disney World tickets is Undercover Tourist. Their tickets are exactly the same as ones purchased directly from Disney, and have all the same benefits, for less money. Read more about Undercover Tourist here.
- Click here to see all the available Walt Disney World ticket discounts, including discounts for Florida residents and members of the US Military.
Disneyland (California) and Universal Studios Hollywood Discount Tickets
- For most people, the best source for discounted Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood tickets is aRes Travel. They currently are offering discounts on all multi-day tickets, as well as bundles of Disneyland and Universal tickets. Read about all their Disneyland discounts here.
- Click here to see all the available Disneyland (California) ticket discounts, including discounts for Southern California residents and members of the US Military.
- Click here to see all the available Universal Studios Hollywood discounts, including individual tickets from aRes Travel and discounts for Southern California residents.