Disney Dining Plan Details
Available only with vacation packages that include accommodations at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel or with a Disney Vacation Club (DVC) reservation (including those booked using rented DVC points), the Disney Dining Plan is a convenient way to experience many of the unique Disney dining locations found across the Walt Disney World Resort.
This page covers 2017 & 2018 packages. If your arrival date is in 2017, you pay the 2017 price and get the 2017 package features, even if your stay extends into 2018. If your arrival date is in 2018, you pay the 2018 price and get the 2018 features.
For 2017, the additional cost on top of a regular Magic Your Way package is $69.36 (tax included) per night per adult or junior (ages 10+) and $24.94 (tax included) per night per child (ages 3-9). The additional cost per person per night when added to a DVC booking is $67.33 (10+) / $24.22 (3-9).
For 2018, the additional cost on top of a regular Magic Your Way package is $75.49 (tax included) per night per adult or junior (ages 10+) and $25.75 (tax included) per night per child (ages 3-9).
With the Disney Dining Plan you can enjoy the following (per person, per package night) from participating Walt Disney World Resort restaurants:
- One table service or buffet meal
- Breakfast: includes entrée and beverage* OR full buffet (tax included, gratuity not included)
- Lunch and dinner: includes entrée, dessert and beverage* OR full buffet (tax included, gratuity not included)
- One quick service meal includes entrée or complete combo meal and beverage* at breakfast, lunch or dinner (tax included)
- *Beverage options included with all meals (quick service or table service):
- For 2017, beverages with meals include only standard non-alcoholic soft drinks, tea, coffee, punch, lemonade, juice, milk and most other similar-priced options (other beverages may be available at some locations; ask your server)
- For 2018, beverages with meals include beer, hard cider, most wines by the glass, and many cocktails, plus milkshakes, smoothies, gourmet hot chocolate, and standard non-alcoholic soft drinks, tea, coffee, punch, lemonade, juice, milk and most other similar-priced options (other beverages may be available at some locations; ask your server)
- Two snacks from a wide variety of options
- One Resort refillable drink mug per person, per package (eligible for refills at quick service locations only in your Disney Resort hotel)
For example, a guest with a length of stay of 3-nights/4-days who books a Disney Magic Your Way Package with the Dining Plan would receive three table service meals, three counter service meals, and six snacks per person, for their stay. These meals and snacks can be used at any time during your stay, in any order.
A table service meal credit may be used for one Character Dining Experience, gratuity not included (except Cinderella’s Royal Table, which requires 2 table service credits but includes gratuity).
A table service meal credit may be used for a quick service meal, if desired. This isn’t a great use of a table service credit, financially speaking, but sometimes it works out that you need to substitute a quick service meal for a table service meal. Make sure to tell them you’re using a table service credit at the quick service restaurant.
Two table service meal credits may be exchanged for one of the following:
- one Signature Dining Experience (special high-end restaurants) – includes entrée, dessert, plus beverage and tax (gratuity not included)
- one Disney Dinner Show – Category 2 or 3 seating at either show; or Category 1 seating at the last show of the evening for Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (gratuity INCLUDED)
- one Private Dining (room service) meal at Deluxe resorts – includes entrée, dessert (at lunch & dinner), plus beverage and tax (gratuity INCLUDED)
- one Pizza Delivery at select Value and Moderate resorts – 1 pizza, 2 desserts, 2 beverages (gratuity INCLUDED)
Advance Dining Reservations are strongly suggested for table service restaurants, Character Dining Experiences and Signature Dining Experiences. Advance Dining Reservations are required for Disney Dinner Shows. Merchandise or photo imaging products that may be offered at dining experiences are not included.
Everyone in the room must be booked on the same package and ticket options. The Disney Dining Plan is unavailable for guests under the age of 3, but they may share from an adult plate at no charge or a meal may be purchased from the menu. The price of the meal will be added to your bill. Guests ages 3-9 must order from a children’s menu where available.
Thanks to Small World Vacations for info.
More Info and Links
- Click here for information about discounts on Walt Disney World vacation packages.
- Click here for general information about booking vacation packages vs. booking your room and tickets separately.
- There are other dining plans you can add to a Magic Your Way vacation package: the Quick-Service Dining Plan and the Deluxe Dining Plan.
- Click here to see a package brochure explaining the standard Dining Plan. (If that link stops working, here’s an alternate link for the Dining Plan brochure.) The 2018 plans do not have a downloadable brochure as of yet; that may change.
- Here’s a list of participating restaurants for 2017. Here’s the list for 2018. Note that when the brochure is first released, some restaurant agreements will not yet be final. Based on previous years’ experiences, additional restaurants will be added as contracts are finalized with independently-owned restaurants, especially in Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) and Epcot World Showcase. The list is subject to change at any time.
- Click here to read lots of great tips and tricks for maximizing your Dining Plan.
- To book a Magic Your Way Package with the Dining Plan, we recommend contacting a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel.