SeaWorld San Diego Discounts and Deals
LAST UPDATE: 12/5/16
If you need tickets to SeaWorld and other Southern California attractions, it’s worth checking out the available multi-attraction ticket discounts to see if they can save you extra money. Be sure to compare the final cost of a multi-park pass to the combined cost of the individual tickets; the best deal varies depending on the specific attractions and the discounts that are currently available.
All offers are subject to change without notice. We suggest that you always call ahead and confirm before driving out of your way to take advantage of a particular offer.
- SeaWorld San Diego Gate Prices
- SeaWorld San Diego Ticket Discounts
- Discounts on Multi-Park Tickets that include SeaWorld
- Other Deals
- Hotels near SeaWorld San Diego
Regular admission is $93 for adults and $83 for kids (3-9).
1-Year membership (365 days’ admission, free parking, discounts on additional admission, merchandise and food discounts) is $155 for adults or children.
2-Year membership (2 full years’ admission, free parking, discounts on additional admission, merchandise and food discounts) is $230 for adults or children.
Parking is $16 per day for cars, $21 for RVs and campers, $11 for motorcycles and $21 for Up-Close parking.
- SeaWorld Website
- SeaWorld San Diego Memberships
- Discount Tickets from aRes
- Fast Food & Grocery Store Promotions
- Costco Discounts
- AAA Discounts
- FREE Tickets for Military
- FREE Teachers Fun Card
- FREE Preschool Fun Cards
- California Residents
- American Express Membership Rewards Points
- Hilton HHonors
- Air Miles
- Southern California Gray Line Tours
- Multi-Park Tickets & Passes
Check the SeaWorld San Diego website for current special offers, but make sure you compare their offers to deals listed below. Check out the Multi-Park Tickets & Passes section on this page before purchasing multi-park passes (SeaWorld + San Diego Zoo, Universal Studios etc.) on the SeaWorld site. You can often find a slightly better deal than what’s offered on the SeaWorld site. There is a $4.99 service fee per order added to online purchases.
- New!Save $20 per ticket with 3-Day Advance Purchase Single-Day SeaWorld San Diego tickets! Get a single-day ticket for $73 when you purchase online in advance, at least 3 days prior to visit. Ticket expires 90 days from purchase. Available on the SeaWorld San Diego website.
You can purchase membership passes for SeaWorld San Diego, good for either 1 or 2 years. The 1-year pass costs $155 for all ages (less than two regular adult one-day admissions). Membership is marketed primarily to locals but you do not have to be a Southern California resident to buy this pass. It has no blackout dates and includes a host of benefits, including unlimited admission for 12 or 24 months to SeaWorld San Diego; FREE general parking; up to $15 off single-day guest admission and 20% off guided tours; 10% off food and merchandise; savings on rides, sleepovers and summer camps; savings on Animal Interaction Programs at SeaWorld San Diego (September – May only); 3 free companion tickets (for Lunar New Year, Food Festival and your birthday month); exclusive members-only events and previews; and 50% off admission to other participating SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment locations, excluding Discovery Cove.*
*Participating SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment locations include SeaWorld San Antonio; SeaWorld and Aquatica®, SeaWorld’s Waterpark in Orlando; Busch Gardens Africa and Adventure Island® in Tampa Bay; Busch Gardens® Europe and Water Country USA® in Williamsburg; and Sesame Place® in Langhorne, Pennsylvania. Present your active SeaWorld San Diego Membership when visiting participating parks.
- If you plan to buy a 1-year pass, doing so in advance on the SeaWorld San Diego website means you don’t have to pay the $16 parking on your first day, since the pass includes parking. For passes purchased at the park, free parking starts after the first visit.
aRes Travel offers discounts on Legoland California tickets, which you can purchase instantly online and print out (thus no shipping fee). They are an extremely reliable ticket vendor we’ve been recommending for years. They have decades of experience selling Southern California attraction tickets, and have excellent customer service, with real people you can talk to. You can buy from them with confidence.added to online orders.
- Limited time offer: Get Kid’s Free Promotion Single-Day Ticket with purchase of one full price adult ticket! This offer is valid for the month of October only. Purchase adult ticket for $87.99 on the aRes site and get one Kids Free ticket. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Valid 10/1/16 – 10/31/16.
- Get SeaWorld Length of Stay tickets for just $71! There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. These tickets give you unlimited admission to SeaWorld San Diego for 7 consecutive days for less than the price of a single day ticket. Purchase by 12/31/17. Valid until 12/31/17.
Fast food restaurants and grocery stores frequently offer SeaWorld discounts. When we hear about them, we will list them here. If no expiration date is listed, the date is unknown and the offer may end at any time.
Some Costco stores in Southern California carry discounted SeaWorld San Diego tickets from time to time. These are often a great deal, so it’s worth checking with your local store.
Costco.com sometimes offers a very good discount on SeaWorld San Diego tickets and you don’t have to be a Costco member to buy through their site. (Non-members pay a 5% surcharge, however.) There is a shipping charge when ordering from Costco.com. Thanks to Kimberly for info.
AAA members can usually get admission discounts, and sometimes discounts on other things such as food or merchandise.
- AAA members normally get $3 off single-day tickets at the gate.
- AAA members get 10% off single-day tickets purchased in advance. Visit aaa.com/seaworld to purchase.
Through 12/31/16, members of the military (active duty military, active reservists, National Guard, Coast Guard) and as many as three direct dependents may enter SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Sesame Place parks with complimentary admission. You must register in advance at www.wavesofhonor.com and complete a form, which you take with you to the theme park along with valid ID.
SeaWorld San Diego offers a complimentary Teacher Fun Card plus 3 free Single Day tickets to all active and certified K-12 California and Arizona credentialed school teachers. The Fun Card is valid for unlimited admission to SeaWorld® San Diego through 12/31/16. Online registration and redemption at the park must occur by 6/30/16. Click here for more info. Thanks to Amy L for info.
San Diego and Orange County resident kids age 5 and younger can receive complimentary unlimited admission to SeaWorld San Diego through 12/30/16 with the new 2016 SeaWorld Preschool Fun Card. Click here for more info. Thanks to Amy L for info.
California residents sometimes enjoy special discounts, which can be purchased on the SeaWorld San Diego website. Resident ID and credit card used to purchase your tickets are both required at point of park entry.
If you have an American Express card that earns Membership Rewards points, you can redeem those points for Sea World San Diego tickets. Thanks to Kristin K for info.
You can redeem Hilton HHonors points for SeaWorld San Diego tickets. Click here to read about this award (choose country, then Gift Cards & Certificates/Entertainment). Click here to read more about HHonors.
Reader reports that Canadians can redeem Air Miles for select SeaWorld San Diego tickets. Thanks to Dawn N for info.
Southern California Gray Line (formerly Pacific Coast Sightseeing) offers an 11-hour bus tour from Anaheim to SeaWorld San Diego. Courtesy hotel pick-up for the tour is provided from most Anaheim, Buena Park and Garden Grove area hotels. The tour is especially suitable for those who are not comfortable with driving the California freeways, since all of the ground transportation from place to place is provided.
Regular cost for the SeaWorld San Diego tour is $117 for adults and $106 for kids (3-9), but adult/child tickets are sometimes offered for less for specific dates. Click the link above to check prices for your travel dates.
If you know you want to visit other attractions as well as SeaWorld, there are a number of discount pass options available that can save you a lot of money, and eliminate the hassle of buying all of your tickets individually. We’ve scouted out some of the best discounts you can find from reputable companies and describe them here. For more details and pricing just click on the pass name.
- Go San Diego Card
- Build Your Own San Diego Pass
- Attraction Package Deals
- Southern California CityPASS + Legoland California
- San Diego 3-for-1 Pass
Go San Diego Card is an all-inclusive pass that allow you to visit as many attractions as you want within a set number of days (usually 3 to 7 days). You pay one discount price for the number of days you choose. Note that SeaWorld is only included on 3-, 5- and 7-day Go Cards. These work well if you are visiting at least two or three major attractions plus some less expensive attractions. The more attractions you visit, the more you save.
Go San Diego Card: If you want to fit in as much as you can in 3- to 7-days using one simple pass for one price, consider this all-inclusive pass. MouseSavers readers get an extra $25 discount on their purchase of $225 or more. This pass includes SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Zoo Safari Park, Knott’s Berry Farm, harbor tours, museums, plus multiple other attractions in the San Diego area.
The 3, 5 and 7-day Go San Diego Cards includes daily entry into SeaWorld for the duration of the card.
Skip the ticket line at SeaWorld when you choose Instant Delivery at checkout. You can go straight to the turnstiles and present your pass on your smartphone for immediate entry.
Select where you want to go from dozens of attractions and build your own custom pass. You’ll save 10-20% off gate prices when you select 2 or more attractions. You have 30 days from first use to visit your selected attractions.
Build Your Own San Diego Pass: This build-it-yourself pass can include any combination of SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland, the San Diego Zoo, San Diego Wild Animal Safari Park and the new Aquatica San Diego, and many other attractions. You can add Los Angeles and Las Vegas attractions to this pass! Passes are good for 30 days from first use.
You can often save the most money if you find a San Diego Attraction Package pass that includes all the attractions you want to visit. You can save 27% to 39% off gate prices! These passes are already fully discounted. Promo codes do not apply. You have 30 days from first use with all of these passes. One favorite with MouseSavers readers is:
Click here to get an overview of all the multi-attraction passes that we’ve found to offer terrific value.
AAA members may qualify for a discount on the higher-end meals where you get to view or interact with animals, such as Dine With Shamu! Be sure to ask when reserving or paying.
According to MouseSavers.com reader Susan B, AAA membership gets you 2-for-1 on the Bayside Skyride or Skytower. We have not confirmed this independently, but it’s worth a try!
Discounts for Passholders
- Annual Pass Members save 20% on all Up-Close Tours. Reserve on the Pass Member website.
Looking for a place to stay near SeaWorld San Diego? Choices are plentiful in the San Diego area near SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo, and getting around San Diego is fairly easy by car. If you don’t have a place in mind, we suggest checking out the hotels below. Our recommendations are not the cheapest places you can find– there are plenty of those out there– but we feel they offer a very good value for your dollar. As with our preferred hotels for Disney, we suggest accommodations that will enhance your stay while not breaking the bank. That said, if you are used to Orlando area pricing, you will be in for some sticker shock. Low rates for decent but average hotels start at around $80-$120/night, mid-range hotels start at around $120 and can run upwards to $275/night or higher in peak seasons.
SeaWorld is located at 500 Sea World Drive, San Diego, California 92109.
If you don’t know where to start, we suggest checking out:
- Holiday Inn Express, San Diego-SeaWorld – Less than 1 mile from SeaWorld and about 5 miles from the Zoo and downtown San Diego. Modestly priced standard hotel that includes FREE full hot breakfast and free internet.
- Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel, Shelter Island (SW & Zoo). Located about 5-1/2 miles from SeaWorld and 8-1/2 miles from the Zoo, this hotel on Shelter Island offers standard rooms and suites with marina views.
- Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa – 2 miles from SeaWorld on Mission Bay. Deluxe resort and spa with beach access.
- Hilton Garden Inn, San Diego Oldtown/SeaWorld Area – Brand new hotel in San Diego-Old Town near Historic State Park and trolley station, minutes to SeaWorld, the Zoo and downtown.
Sometimes the best offers are directly through the hotels’ own websites, and if you are a member of a specific loyalty program, you probably want to search across all of that hotel company’s brands. For example, Hilton owns DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Waldorf Astoria, etc. Here are links to the overall parent company websites where you can search their whole portfolio– use San Diego, California, zip code 92109 to find hotels closest to SeaWorld:
- Starwood Hotels (Westin, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton)
- Hilton Hotels (DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hampton, Homewood Suites)
- Marriott Hotels (Courtyard, Fairfield, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites, TownePlace Suites)
- Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) (Candlewood Suites, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites)
- Choice Hotels (Clarion, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites)
- Wyndham Hotel Group (Howard Johnson, Ramada, Super 8, Travelodge)