SeaWorld San Diego Discounts and Deals
LAST UPDATE: 10/9/15
If you need tickets to SeaWorld and other Southern California attractions, it’s worth checking out the available multi-attraction ticket discounts to see if they can save you extra money. Be sure to compare the final cost of a multi-park pass to the combined cost of the individual tickets; the best deal varies depending on the specific attractions and the discounts that are currently available.
All offers are subject to change without notice. We suggest that you always call ahead and confirm before driving out of your way to take advantage of a particular offer.
- SeaWorld San Diego Gate Prices
- SeaWorld San Diego Ticket Discounts
- Discounts on Multi-Park Tickets that include SeaWorld
- Other Deals
Regular admission is $89 for adults and $83 for kids (3-9).
1-Year membership (365 days’ admission, free parking, discounts on additional admission, merchandise and food discounts) is $155 for adults or children.
2-Year membership (2 full years’ admission, free parking, discounts on additional admission, merchandise and food discounts) is $230 for adults or children.
Parking is $16 per day for cars ($15 when purchased on-line in advance), $21 for RVs and campers, $11 for motorcycles and $21 for Up-Close parking.
- SeaWorld Website
- SeaWorld San Diego Memberships
- Discount Tickets from aRes
- Fast Food & Grocery Store Promotions
- Costco Discounts
- AAA Discounts
- FREE Tickets for Military
- California Residents
- American Express Membership Rewards Points
- Hilton HHonors
- Air Miles
- Southern California Gray Line Tours
- Multi-Park Tickets & Passes
Check the SeaWorld San Diego website for current special offers, but make sure you compare their offers to deals listed below. Check out the Multi-Park Tickets & Passes section on this page before purchasing multi-park passes (SeaWorld + San Diego Zoo, Universal Studios etc.) on the SeaWorld site. You can often find a slightly better deal than what’s offered on the SeaWorld site. There is a $4.99 service fee per order added to online purchases.
- New!Kids FREE offer! Get one free Child (ages 3-9) Single-Day admission per full-paid Adult Single-Day admission. Limited time offer available on the SeaWorld San Diego website. Purchase and visit by 10/31/15.
- New!2016 Fun Cards are available for the same price as a one-day admission. Fun Cards include unlimited admission to SeaWorld San Diego now through 12/31/16, FREE parking for three months (1/1/16-3/31/16) and a free Coca-Cola souvenir cup while supplies last. You can buy this ticket on the SeaWorld San Diego website. Not valid for admission on 5/30/16 and 12/31/16. Scroll down to find this pass.
- New!Save up to $20 on SeaWorld San Diego single-day admission for a limited time on the SeaWorld San Diego website. Cost is $69 for adult or child tickets. You must purchase and visit before 1/5/16. Not available at the park.
You can purchase membership passes for SeaWorld San Diego, good for either 1 or 2 years. The 1-year pass costs $155 for all ages (less than two regular adult one-day admissions). Membership is marketed primarily to locals but you do not have to be a Southern California resident to buy this pass. It has no blackout dates and includes a host of benefits, including unlimited admission for 12 or 24 months to SeaWorld San Diego; FREE general parking; up to $15 off single-day guest admission and 20% off guided tours; 10% off food and merchandise; savings on rides, sleepovers and summer camps; savings on Animal Interaction Programs at SeaWorld San Diego (September – May only); 3 free companion tickets (for Lunar New Year, Food Festival and your birthday month); exclusive members-only events and previews; and 50% off admission to other participating SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment locations, excluding Discovery Cove.*
*Participating SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment locations include SeaWorld San Antonio; SeaWorld and Aquatica®, SeaWorld’s Waterpark in Orlando; Busch Gardens Africa and Adventure Island® in Tampa Bay; Busch Gardens® Europe and Water Country USA® in Williamsburg; and Sesame Place® in Langhorne, Pennsylvania. Present your active SeaWorld San Diego Membership when visiting participating parks.
- If you plan to buy a 1-year pass, doing so in advance on the SeaWorld San Diego website means you don’t have to pay the $16 parking on your first day, since the pass includes parking. For passes purchased at the park, free parking starts after the first visit.
aRes Travel offers significant discounts on SeaWorld San Diego tickets, which you can purchase instantly online and print out (thus no shipping fee). They are an extremely reliable ticket vendor we’ve been recommending for years. They have decades of experience selling Southern California attraction tickets, and have excellent customer service, with real people you can talk to. You can buy from them with confidence. Click here and scroll down to view their prices. There is a $2.00 per ticket service charge added to online orders.
- Get SeaWorld Length of Stay tickets on the aRes Travel site. These tickets give you unlimited admission to SeaWorld San Diego for 7 consecutive days for the price of a single day ticket. Purchase by 12/31/15. Valid until 12/31/15.
Fast food restaurants and grocery stores frequently offer SeaWorld discounts. When we hear about them, we will list them here. If no expiration date is listed, the date is unknown and the offer may end at any time.
Some Costco stores in Southern California carry discounted SeaWorld San Diego tickets from time to time. These are often a great deal, so it’s worth checking with your local store.
Costco.com sometimes offers a very good discount on SeaWorld San Diego tickets and you don’t have to be a Costco member to buy through their site. (Non-members pay a 5% surcharge, however.) There is a shipping charge when ordering from Costco.com. Thanks to Kimberly for info.
AAA members can usually get admission discounts, and sometimes discounts on other things such as food or merchandise.
- AAA members can get a 2015 Adult Fun Card at the Kid’s Fun Card price, a savings of $6 off regular Adult Fun Card. Click here for details.
- AAA members normally get $3 off single-day tickets at the gate.
- AAA members get 10% off single-day tickets purchased in advance. Visit aaa.com/seaworld to purchase.
Through 12/31/15, members of the military (active duty military, active reservists, National Guard, Coast Guard) and as many as three direct dependents may enter SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Sesame Place parks with complimentary admission. You must register in advance at www.wavesofhonor.com and complete a form, which you take with you to the theme park along with valid ID.
California residents sometimes enjoy special discounts, which can be purchased on the SeaWorld San Diego website. Resident ID and credit card used to purchase your tickets are both required at point of park entry.
If you have an American Express card that earns Membership Rewards points, you can redeem those points for Sea World San Diego tickets. Thanks to Kristin K for info.
You can redeem Hilton HHonors points for SeaWorld San Diego tickets. Click here to read about this award (choose country, then Gift Cards & Certificates/Entertainment). Click here to read more about HHonors.
Southern California Gray Line (formerly Pacific Coast Sightseeing) offers an 11-hour bus tour from Anaheim to SeaWorld San Diego. Courtesy hotel pick-up for the tour is provided from most Anaheim, Buena Park and Garden Grove area hotels. The tour is especially suitable for those who are not comfortable with driving the California freeways, since all of the ground transportation from place to place is provided.
Regular cost for the SeaWorld San Diego tour is $114 for adults and $103 for kids (3-9), but adult/child tickets are sometimes offered for less for specific dates. Click the link above to check prices for your travel dates.
If you know you want to visit other attractions as well as SeaWorld, there are a number of discount pass options available that can save you a lot of money, and eliminate the hassle of buying all of your tickets individually. We’ve scouted out some of the best discounts you can find from reputable companies and describe them here. For more details and pricing just click on the pass name.
- Go San Diego Card
- Go Select Card Build-Your-Own Passes
- Go Select Card Value Package Passes
- Southern California CityPASS + Legoland California
- San Diego 3-for-1 Pass
- Southern California 2-Park Flex Pass
Go San Diego Card is an all-inclusive pass that allow you to visit as many attractions as you want within a set number of days (usually 3 to 7 days). You pay one discount price for the number of days you choose. Note that SeaWorld is only included on 3-, 5- and 7-day Go Cards. These work well if you are visiting at least two or three major attractions plus some less expensive attractions. The more attractions you visit, the more you save. Cards are frequently on sale; if they are not on sale currently, check back in a day or two.
Go San Diego Card: If you want to fit in as much as you can in 3- to 7-days using one simple pass for one price, consider this all-inclusive pass. MouseSavers readers get an extra $11 off their purchase of $150 or more with a special code. This pass includes SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Zoo Safari Park, Knott’s Berry Farm, harbor tours, museums, plus multiple other attractions in the San Diego area.
The 3, 5 and 7-day Go San Diego Cards includes daily entry into SeaWorld for the duration of the card.
Skip the Ticket Line at SeaWorld — If you choose Instant Delivery at checkout you can go straight to the turnstiles and present your pass on your smartphone for immediate entry.
Select where you want to go from dozens of attractions and build your own custom pass. You’ll save at least 20% off gate prices when you select 2 or more attractions. You have 30 days from first use to visit your selected attractions.
San Diego Go Select Pass: This build-it-yourself pass can include any combination of SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland, the San Diego Zoo, San Diego Wild Animal Safari Park and the new Aquatica San Diego, and many other attractions. MouseSavers readers get an extra $10 off their purchase of $300 or more with a special code. Passes are good for 30 days from first use.
These passes bundle several very popular attractions and offer a slightly better discount than if you were to build your own pass with the same choices. There are a number of different value package passes. If one of these passes includes your choices, you’ll save a significant amount off gate prices. You have 30 days from first use with all of these passes. MouseSavers readers get an extra $10 off their purchase of $300 or more with a special code. Click here to get the code.
To view all of the Value Package options, on the Go Card site, click here.
- If you purchase a Southern California CityPASS through the SeaWorld site, you can get an additional visit to SeaWorld FREE. This ticket is only available online and requires that you to visit SeaWorld San Diego FIRST.
Click here to get an overview of all the multi-attraction passes that we’ve found to offer terrific value.
AAA members may qualify for a discount on the higher-end meals where you get to view or interact with animals, such as Dine With Shamu! Be sure to ask when reserving or paying.
According to MouseSavers.com reader Susan B, AAA membership gets you 2-for-1 on the Bayside Skyride or Skytower. We have not confirmed this independently, but it’s worth a try!
Discounts for Passholders
- Annual Pass Members save 20% on all Up-Close Tours. Reserve on the Pass Member website.