Disneyland Resort Hotel Discounts
LAST UPDATE: 4/3/20
On this page you’ll find all the “room only” hotel discounts and deals for all three Disney resorts at Disneyland (California): the Grand Californian, Paradise Pier Hotel and Disneyland Hotel.
Disneyland (California) resort discounts must be thought of as a “clearance sale” — if you want the discount, you have to be willing to take what’s left over! It’s important to be flexible with both dates and hotels, and to be persistent in calling back periodically to see if anything has opened up.
All of the discounted Disneyland hotel rates listed below are subject to availability and are per night, usually for double occupancy, unless otherwise noted. An extra charge may apply for additional adults in the room. Kids under 18 years of age are free of charge on a “room only” reservation.
- Not sure which which Disneyland Resort Hotel is right for you? Read our detailed reviews of all three Disneyland Resort hotels, including concierge level.
- Not sure whether you want a room only reservation or a vacation package? Read about the pros and cons of vacation packages vs. room only, including cancellation and payment policies.
- Benefits of Staying of the Official Disneyland Resort Hotels
- Room Discounts for Everyone
- 2020 Recovery Offer – For Eligible Guests Only
- Room Discounts from Undercover Tourist
- CheapTickets/Orbitz Special Offers
- Newspaper Ad Rates
- Discounts for Disney Visa Cardholders
- AAA (American Automobile Association) Discounts
- Military Discounts
- Annual Passholder Rates
- Canadian Resident Discounts
- Disney Resort guests can take advantage of charging privileges available with your Disney Resort ID. You can charge select Disney purchases (i.e., meals, merchandise and tickets) to your room.
- If you buy things in the park, you can have them delivered to your hotel through the Package Delivery service.
- You can use Disneyland Vacation Planning, which can book restaurants, tours, Fantasmic! Premium Seating, or even cake / gift basket delivery to your room. You can contact them at (714) 300-PLAN (7526) once you have a reservation at one of the on-site hotels.
- Disneyland Resort hotel guests receive length-of-stay access to Extra Magic Hours at Disneyland one hour before the park opens to the public on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Extra Magic Hours guests usually get access to most Fantasyland attractions, the Matterhorn and Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Star Tours, Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. Disney’s hotel guests can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours throughout their stay. Valid theme park admission and active hotel room key required.
- Disneyland Resort hotel guests will also have length-of-stay access to Extra Magic Hours at Disney California Adventure one hour before the park opens to the public on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Extra Magic Hours guests get access to select attractions in Cars Land, Golden State, Hollywood Land and Paradise Pier. Disney’s hotel guests can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours throughout their stay. Valid theme park admission and active hotel room key required.
Prices mentioned on this page do not include room tax (currently 17%) or any parking fees. Parking fees for hotel guests can be found on Disneyland’s web site (scroll down to “Hotel Parking”).
Disney often has one or more discounts available to anyone, including international guests. No special code or membership is required to use these, but there can be minimum stay lengths, blackout dates and other requirements.
Save up to 20% on rooms at a Disneyland Resort Hotel — including Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel — for most stays Sunday through Thursday nights from April 19 – June 18, 2020. Travel must be complete by 6/19/20.*
- Save up to 20% on premium rooms at Disney’s Grand Californian and Disneyland Hotel.
- Save up to 15% on standard rooms at Disney’s Grand Californian and Disneyland Hotel.
- Save up to 10% on premium rooms at Paradise Pier Hotel.
*Premium room types included in offer are Premium, Deluxe and Woods/Garden/Courtyard rooms; select Concierge rooms; and only Paradise, Artisan, Junior and Regal suites.
Not valid on previously booked rooms. Excludes applicable taxes and fees. Advance reservations required. Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Limit two rooms per reservation and five people maximum per room. Not valid in combination with any other hotel discounts or offers. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
Book by 5/31/20.
Please note: Guests who are eligible for the offer below are being contacted directly by Disney or their travel agent about this opportunity to re-book their vacation. The offer is valid only for guests who booked a Disneyland vacation package or room reservation from March 16 through May 31, 2020. This offer is not valid for reservations cancelled before March 1, 2020.
Eligible guests can take advantage of a special offer valid for arrivals most nights June 1 – December 31, 2020.
Book by 5/31/20.
Thanks to Small World Vacations for info.
Long-time MouseSavers favorite Undercover Tourist also offers hotel bookings at the Official Disneyland Resorts! Their base rates typically reflect the existing Disney discounts, plus they offer an additional discount on at least some resorts and room types.
Compared to other self-service travel websites like Expedia or Orbitz, Undercover Tourist has good prices year-round with no messing around with special codes, as well as friendly customer service with live human beings. They offer the same generous cancellation and change policies as Disney with no extra fees.
Keep in mind that this is a do-it-yourself option for folks who have done their own research and just want to book a room (and optionally tickets and/or a car rental). If you want to book a Disneyland vacation package or you would like a higher level of service, with a personal Disney Specialist who will talk to you and guide you through the whole process (with no fee), we recommend booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.
Undercover Tourist is a great company that we have recommended for years for Disney World tickets and Disneyland Tickets as well as car rentals; they’re well worth considering for hotels as well. Read more about why we love Undercover Tourist.
For room-only bookings, using a discount code at an online travel agency might provide a better price on a Disney resort room, but you need to be very careful. It’s definitely more work than using a full-service travel agent, but if you’re comfortable doing your own research, the savings can be worth it. Be sure to read the caveats in this section carefully, and compare the final bottom-line price for several different options before booking. Do not rely on the price shown on the hotel page or on the search comparisons page, or on the price shown on online comparison sites. The online travel agencies like Expedia and Orbitz are very cagey about tossing in additional fees on the final checkout screen, charging extra for cancellations when the hotel doesn’t charge for them and so forth.
CheapTickets and Orbitz are really the same company, but they don’t always offer exactly the same deals. They usually charge the same rates for the Disneyland hotels (Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian) as Disney’s rates, including any current room-only discount offers, but they also often offer coupon codes that take a percentage off the rate. When there are no other deals around, this can be one of the only ways to get some kind of discount on your Disneyland resort hotel room. And when seasonal discounted room rates are offered to the general public, usually the discount codes can be applied on top of Disney’s promotional discount!
For both sites, to find the official Disneyland hotels, search Anaheim – Disneyland and 4 star or higher hotels. You may need to scroll down to find the Disneyland hotels.
- Book through CheapTickets and get 16% off bookings for stays through 9/30/20. CheapTickets’s base room rates are generally the same as Disney’s rates (including seasonal discounts), and those rates can be further discounted with this special code with a maximum savings of $150 per booking. To find the official Disneyland hotels, search “Disneyland Park, CA” and “Distance From Landmark or Downtown” . The discount code is SPRINGBREAK. The code is entered on the final checkout screen; look for “Apply a coupon or promotion code” and select it to show the coupon code field. Expires 4/5/20.
- Book through Orbitz and get 10% off bookings for stays through 12/31/20. Orbitz’s base room rates are generally the same as Disney’s rates (including seasonal discounts), and those rates can be further discounted with this special code. To find the official Disneyland hotels, search “Disneyland Park, CA” and “Distance From Landmark or Downtown”. The discount code is BLOOM. The code is entered on the final checkout screen; look for “Apply a coupon or promotion code” and select it to show the coupon code field. Expires 4/26/20.
- Orbitz Rewards: Orbitz has a rewards program that rebates back 1%-5% of your booking amount in the form of “Orbucks” that can be used for future hotel bookings. Sign up for Orbitz Rewards.
The Disneyland hotels occasionally advertise special rates in both the LA Times and the San Diego Union-Tribune, and these rates are generally available to anyone who asks (i.e. not just local residents). Ask for the “LA Times Rate” or the “San Diego Union-Tribune Rate.” Worth a try!
- To book newspaper ad rates, call Disneyland Resort Reservations at (866) 285-1578.
Occasionally Disney Visa cardholders will be offered special rates at the Disneyland hotels. Generally the same offers are made available to the general public (non-cardholders) about 3-7 days later. When offered, we list the Disney Visa card offers below.
There are, as of now, no AAA/CAA discounts available for Disneyland Resorts.
Military Salute Discount for stays January 1 – December 17, 2020
Active and retired military personnel can receive discounts of up to 40% off select rooms at Disneyland Resort hotels. This offer is valid for stays most nights 1/1/20 – 12/17/20. The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Travel must be complete by December 18, 2020.
Valid for active or retired members of the US military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the US Coast Guard. Valid Military ID will be required upon check-in and military member (or spouse) must stay in room. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply. No group rates or other discounts apply. Limit two rooms per reservation and five people maximum per room. Advance reservations required. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
- To book a room with the Military Salute Discount, call Disneyland Resort Reservations at (800) 642-5392 or contact a Disney Specialist travel agent.
Thanks to Military Disney Tips for info.
Annual Passholders may qualify for discounted rates — call and ask for “Annual Passholder Rates.” The general discount is 10% off rack rates, and sometimes there are specials that are more deeply discounted (see below for any current specials).
Discounts are not always available, particularly during peak periods (all holidays, summer). Rates are usually lowest on Sunday-Thursday nights. The very lowest rates are typically offered at the last minute: about 1-3 months in advance. Limit 2 rooms per person at discounted rate.
Disneyland Annual Passholders can also purchase special Annual Passholder packages that do not include park tickets. It’s very similar to just booking a room-only reservation with the annual passholder discount (if there is one), but will include a few add ons like a collectible pin or a dining certificate (see below for any current Annual Passholder package offers).
Save up to 25% on premium and standard rooms at Disney’s Grand Californian or Disneyland Hotel for most stays January 5 through April 16, 2020.
This special Annual Passholder Package includes one Disney’s Fastpass ticket per person, and one $20 Disneyland Resort dining certificate per reservation.*
Offer excludes select Concierge rooms and suites, except Paradise, Artisan, Regal and Junior suites. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room at the same hotel. Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Not valid on suites or with previously booked rooms. Excludes applicable taxes and fees. Valid Annual Passport must be presented at check-in and Passholder must stay in the room. Limit two rooms per Passholder per reservation and five people maximum per room.
Book by 4/15/20. Travel must be completed by 4/17/20.
*Package includes one $20 Disneyland Resort Dining Certificate, valid toward the purchase of food and beverage items at Disney owned and operated dining locations, including outdoor carts, in Disneyland, Disney California Adventure and the Disneyland Resort Hotels. Package also includes one Disney’s Fastpass ticket for each registered guest (ages 3 and older) in the reservation (maximum 5 guests). Each Disney’s Fastpass ticket will allow a guest one admission to a Fastpass return line at any Fastpass location at the Disneyland Resort Theme Parks. Not valid for World of Color Viewing, Fantasmic! viewing, Radiator Springs Racers, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, “it’s a small world”, Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! or Incredicoaster. Dining Certificate and FastPass entitlement expire seven days from hotel check-in or 4/17/20, whichever occurs first.
- To book Annual Passholder rates, call the Annual Passholder Resort Reservations line at (866) 285-1578 or contact a Disney Specialist travel agent.
Online Annual Passholder Rates
Disneyland Annual Passholders can get special online rates on select dates, running about 3 months in advance. Hotel guest must be a valid Annual Passholder at the time of stay and valid Annual Passport must be presented at check-in.
- To book Annual Passholder rates, you must log in to the Disneyland Annual Passholder site. If the link does not take you directly to the right area, select Special Offers and then select Hotel Rates for Annual Passholders.
Very occasionally a special discount only for Canadians will be released, but this is rare.
You can visit Disneyland’s Canadian website and select the Special Offers tab to see any current deals specific to Canadians, but 99% of the time the offers are the same as those distributed in the US. Sometimes the Canadian offer will have a different discount code, but otherwise it will be identical to the US offer.
Canadians can book the US offers as well.
- The Disney specialist travel agency we recommend, Small World Vacations, gladly works with clients around the globe. They have many clients from Canada.