Disneyland Resort Hotel Discounts
LAST UPDATE: 2/27/17
Disney operates three hotels as part of the Disneyland Resort. There is a beautiful, Craftsman-themed luxury hotel adjacent to Disney California Adventure theme park, the Grand Californian. There are also the much older (but refurbished) properties: Paradise Pier Hotel and the original Disneyland Hotel, both of which are high-rise hotels. Check out this page for major Disneyland Resort hotel discounts.
Click here to read detailed reviews of all three Disneyland Resort hotels, including concierge level.
Benefits of staying at the official Disneyland Resort hotels:
- Disney Resort guests can take advantage of charging privileges available with your Disney Resort ID. You can charge select Disney purchases (i.e., meals, merchandise and tickets) to your room.
- If you buy things in the park, you can have them delivered to your hotel through the Package Delivery service.
- You can use Disneyland Vacation Planning, which can book restaurants, tours, Fantasmic! Premium Seating, or even cake / gift basket delivery to your room. You can contact them at (714) 300-PLAN (7526) once you have a reservation at one of the on-site hotels.
- Disneyland Resort hotel guests receive length-of-stay access to Extra Magic Hours at Disneyland one hour before the park opens to the public on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Extra Magic Hours guests usually get access to most Fantasyland attractions, the Matterhorn and Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Star Tours, Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. Disney’s hotel guests can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours throughout their stay. Valid theme park admission and active hotel room key required.
- Disneyland Resort hotel guests will also have length-of-stay access to Extra Magic Hours at Disney California Adventure one hour before the park opens to the public on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Extra Magic Hours guests get access to select attractions in Cars Land, Golden State, Hollywood Land and Paradise Pier. Disney’s hotel guests can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours throughout their stay. Valid theme park admission and active hotel room key required.
Prices mentioned on this page do not include room tax (currently 17%) or any parking fees. Parking fees for hotel guests can be found on Disney’s web site (scroll down to “Hotel Parking”).
- Room Rate Specials for the General Public
- CheapTickets/Orbitz Special Offers
- Newspaper Ad Rates
- Resort Discounts for Disney Visa Cardholders
- AAA (American Automobile Association) Discounts
- Military Discounts
- Annual Passholder Rates
- Canadian Resident Discounts
Save up to 25% on Premium rooms Sunday through Thursday at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort, including Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel, or Paradise Pier Hotel, for most stays from 1/8/17 – 4/20/17.
- Save up to 25% on Premium rooms for stays Sunday through Thursday at the Grand Californian and Disneyland Hotel.
- Save up to 20% on Standard rooms for stays Sunday through Thursdays at the Grand Californian and Disneyland Hotel.
- Save up to 10% on Standard and Premium rooms for stays Sunday through Thursday at Paradise Pier Hotel.
Book by 3/9/17. Travel must be complete by 4/21/17. Offer valid for Premium, Deluxe and Woods/Garden/Courtyard rooms. Offer excludes select Concierge rooms and suites, except Paradise, Artisan and Regal suites. Not valid on previously booked rooms. Excludes applicable taxes and fees. Advance reservations required. Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Limit two rooms per reservation and five people maximum per room. Not valid in combination with any other hotel discounts or offers. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
- To book the Winter Room Offer, contact a Disney Specialist travel agent, or if you are interested in a room-only reservation you may want to check the online travel agencies for stackable coupons and discounts. To book direct with Disney, call Disneyland Resort Reservations at (714) 956-6425 or reserve online here.
For room-only bookings, using a discount code at an online travel agency will often provide the very best bottom-line price you can get on a Disney resort room. It’s definitely more work than using a full-service travel agent, but if you’re comfortable doing your own research, the savings can be worth it. Be sure to read the caveats in this section carefully, and compare different options before booking. Click here for more general advice about booking with online travel agencies.
CheapTickets and Orbitz are really the same company, but they don’t always offer exactly the same deals. They usually charge the same rates for the Disneyland hotels (Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian) as Disney’s rates, including any current room-only discount offers, but they also often offer coupon codes that take a percentage off the rate. When there are no other deals around, this can be one of the only ways to get some kind of discount on your Disneyland resort hotel room. And when seasonal discounted room rates are offered to the general public, usually the discount codes can be applied on top of Disney’s promotional discount!
For both sites, to find the official Disneyland hotels, search Anaheim – Disneyland and 4 star or higher hotels. You may need to scroll down to find the Disneyland hotels.
- Book through CheapTickets and get 16% off bookings for stays through 9/30/17. CheapTickets’s base room rates are generally the same as Disney’s rates (including seasonal discounts), and those rates can be further discounted with this special code. To find the official Disneyland hotels, search “Disneyland Park, CA” and 3 star or higher hotels. The discount code SUNSHINE. Be aware that CheapTickets is transitioning from their old site to a newer site as they get absorbed by Expedia, and this code appears to only work on the newer site. You can tell if you’re on the new site because there will be a menu item on the top of the page labeled “My Scratchpad.” Whether you get the new or old site seems to depend on random luck, so if you don’t get it, try a different browser, try clearing your browser cookies, or try a different machine. Expires 3/26/17.
- Book through Orbitz and get 15% off bookings for stays through 9/30/17. Orbitz’s base room rates are generally the same as Disney’s rates (including seasonal discounts), and those rates can be further discounted with this special code. To find the official Disneyland hotels, search “Disneyland Park, CA” and 3 star or higher hotels. Be sure to type code TAKEMEAWAY into the form under “I have a promotion code.” Be aware that Orbitz is transitioning from their old site to a newer site as they get absorbed by Expedia, and this code appears to only work on the newer site. You can tell if you’re on the new site because there will be a menu item on the top of the page labeled “My Scratchpad.” Whether you get the new or old site seems to depend on random luck, so if you don’t get it, try a different browser, try clearing your browser cookies, or try a different machine. Expires 2/28/17.
- Orbitz Rewards: Orbitz has a rewards program that rebates back 1%-5% of your booking amount in the form of “Orbucks” that can be used for future hotel bookings. Click here to sign up for Orbitz Rewards.
The Disneyland hotels occasionally advertise special rates in both the LA Times and the San Diego Union-Tribune, and these rates are generally available to anyone who asks (i.e. not just local residents). Ask for the “LA Times Rate” or the “San Diego Union-Tribune Rate.” Worth a try!
- To book newspaper ad rates, call Disneyland Resort Reservations at (714) 956-6425.
Occasionally Disney Visa cardholders will be offered special rates at the Disneyland hotels. Generally the same offers are made available to the general public (non-cardholders) about 3-7 days later. When offered, we list the Disney Visa card offers below.
There are, as of now, no AAA/CAA discounts available for Disneyland Resorts.
Military Salute Discount for stays January 1 – December 19, 2017
Active and retired military personnel can receive discounts of up to 40% off select rooms at Disneyland Resort hotels. This offer is valid for stays most nights 1/1/17 – 12/19/17.
The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Some dates are not included (blocked out) for this offer and will price at full rack rate: those dates include 4/9/17 – 4/23/17.
Valid for active or retired members of the US military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the US Coast Guard. Valid Military ID will be required upon check-in and military member (or spouse) must stay in room. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply. No group rates or other discounts apply. Limit two rooms per reservation and five people maximum per room. Advance reservations required. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. This offer is tied in with a specially priced ticket offer for military personnel and their families.
- To book a room with the Military Salute Discount, call Disneyland Resort Reservations at (714) 956-6425 or contact a Disney Specialist travel agent.
Thanks to Military Disney Tips for info.
Annual Passholders may qualify for discounted rates — call and ask for “Annual Passholder Rates.” The general discount is 10% off rack rates, and sometimes there are specials that are more deeply discounted (see below for any current specials).
Discounts are not always available, particularly during peak periods (all holidays, summer). Rates are usually lowest on Sunday-Thursday nights. The very lowest rates are typically offered at the last minute: about 1-3 months in advance. Limit 2 rooms per person at discounted rate.
Disneyland Annual Passholders can also purchase special Annual Passholder packages that do not include park tickets. It’s very similar to just booking a room-only reservation with the annual passholder discount (if there is one), but will include a few add ons like a collectible pin or a dining certificate (see below for any current Annual Passholder package offers).
Online Annual Passholder Rates
Disneyland Annual Passholders can get special online rates on select dates, running about 3 months in advance. Hotel guest must be a valid Annual Passholder at the time of stay and valid Annual Passport must be presented at check-in.
- To book Annual Passholder rates, you must log in to the Disneyland Annual Passholder site. If the link does not take you directly to the right area, click on Special Offers and select Hotel Rates for Annual Passholders.
Save up to 25% on rooms at a Disneyland Resort Hotel — including Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel — most stays Sunday through Thursday nights 1/8/17 – 4/20/17. Disney calls this a package, but it doesn’t include anything other than a hotel room and a few add ons.
This special Annual Passholder Package includes one Disney’s Fastpass ticket per person, and one $20 Disneyland Resort dining certificate per reservation.*
Book by 4/20/17. Travel must be completed by 4/21/17.
*Package includes one $20 Disneyland Resort Dining Certificate, valid toward the purchase of food and beverage items at Disney owned and operated dining locations, including outdoor carts, in Disneyland, Disney California Adventure and the Disneyland Resort Hotels. Certificate expires seven days from hotel check-in or 4/21/17, whichever occurs first. Package also includes one Disney’s Fastpass ticket for each registered guest (ages 3 and older) in the reservation (maximum 5 guests). Each Disney’s Fastpass ticket will allow a guest one admission to a Fastpass return line at any Fastpass location at the Disneyland Resort Theme Parks. Not valid for World of Color Viewing or at the Hyperion Theater.
Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room at the same hotel. Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Offer is nontransferable, and is not valid on previously booked rooms or suites, except Paradise, Artisan and Regal suites. Excludes applicable taxes and fees. Valid Annual Passport must be presented at check-in and Passholder must stay in the room. Limit two rooms per Passholder per reservation and five people maximum per room.
- To book an Annual Passholder Package, call the Annual Passholder Resort Reservations line at (714) 520-5006 or contact a Disney Specialist travel agent.
Very occasionally a special discount only for Canadians will be released, but this is rare.
You can visit Disney.ca and click on the Special Offers tab to see any current deals specific to Canadians, but 99% of the time the offers are the same as those distributed in the US. Sometimes the Canadian offer will have a different discount code, but otherwise it will be identical to the US offer.
Canadians can book the US offers as well.
- The Disney specialist travel agency we recommend, Small World Vacations, gladly works with clients around the globe. They have many clients from Canada.