Disneyland Resort Hotel Discounts
LAST UPDATE: 9/27/23
On this page you’ll find all the “room only” hotel discounts and deals for all three Disney resorts at Disneyland (California): the Grand Californian, Paradise Pier Hotel and Disneyland Hotel.
Disneyland (California) resort discounts must be thought of as a “clearance sale” — if you want the discount, you have to be willing to take what’s left over! It’s important to be flexible with both dates and hotels, and to be persistent in calling back periodically to see if anything has opened up.
All of the discounted Disneyland hotel rates listed below are subject to availability and are per night, usually for double occupancy, unless otherwise noted. An extra charge may apply for additional adults in the room. Kids under 18 years of age are free of charge on a “room only” reservation.
- Not sure which which Disneyland Resort Hotel is right for you? Read our detailed reviews of all three Disneyland Resort hotels, including concierge level.
- Not sure whether you want a room only reservation or a vacation package? Read about the pros and cons of vacation packages vs. room only, including cancellation and payment policies.
- Benefits of Staying of the Official Disneyland Resort Hotels
- Room Discounts for Everyone
- Room Discounts from Undercover Tourist
- CheapTickets/Orbitz Special Offers
- New!Discounts for Disney Visa Cardholders
- AAA (American Automobile Association) Discounts
- Military Discounts
- Magic Key Annual Passholder Rates
- Canadian Resident Discounts
- Disney Resort guests can take advantage of charging privileges available with your Disney Resort ID. You can charge select Disney purchases (i.e., meals, merchandise and tickets) to your room.
- Early Entry is available to Disneyland Resort hotel guests. The Early Entry program allows you to enter either of the theme parks 30 minutes before official opening. Early Theme Park Entry is available every day. Select attractions, dining and merchandise locations will be open. Valid admission, a theme park reservations and active hotel room key required.
- You can use Disneyland Vacation Planning, which can book restaurants, tours, Fantasmic! Premium Seating, or even cake / gift basket delivery to your room. You can contact them at (714) 300-PLAN (7526) once you have a reservation at one of the on-site hotels.
- If you buy things in the park, you can have them delivered to your hotel through the Package Delivery service.
Preferred Dining Reservation Access, Disneyland Resort Hotel guests have access to a limited number of reservations at select hotel table service restaurants during the dates of your hotel stay.
Prices mentioned on this page do not include room tax (currently 17%) or any parking fees. Parking fees for hotel guests can be found on Disneyland’s web site (scroll down to “Hotel Parking”).
Disney often has one or more discounts available to anyone, including international guests. No special code or membership is required to use these, but there can be minimum stay lengths, blackout dates and other requirements.
No current offers.
Long-time MouseSavers favorite Undercover Tourist also offers hotel bookings at the Official Disneyland Resorts! Their base rates typically reflect the existing Disney discounts, plus they offer an additional discount on at least some resorts and room types.
Compared to other self-service travel websites like Expedia or Orbitz, Undercover Tourist has good prices year-round with no messing around with special codes, as well as friendly customer service with live human beings. They offer the same generous cancellation and change policies as Disney with no extra fees.
Keep in mind that this is a do-it-yourself option for folks who have done their own research and just want to book a room (and optionally tickets and/or a car rental). If you want to book a Disneyland vacation package or you would like a higher level of service, with a personal Disney Specialist who will talk to you and guide you through the whole process (with no fee), we recommend booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.
Undercover Tourist is a great company that we have recommended for years for Disney World tickets and Disneyland Tickets as well as car rentals; they’re well worth considering for hotels as well. Read more about why we love Undercover Tourist.
For room-only bookings, using a discount code at an online travel agency might provide a better price on a Disney resort room, but you need to be very careful. It’s definitely more work than using a full-service travel agent, but if you’re comfortable doing your own research, the savings can be worth it. Be sure to read the caveats in this section carefully, and compare the final bottom-line price for several different options before booking. Do not rely on the price shown on the hotel page or on the search comparisons page, or on the price shown on online comparison sites. The online travel agencies like Expedia and Orbitz are very cagey about tossing in additional fees on the final checkout screen, charging extra for cancellations when the hotel doesn’t charge for them and so forth.
CheapTickets and Orbitz are really the same company, but they don’t always offer exactly the same deals. They usually charge the same rates for the Disneyland hotels (Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian) as Disney’s rates, including any current room-only discount offers, but they also often offer coupon codes that take a percentage off the rate. When there are no other deals around, this can be one of the only ways to get some kind of discount on your Disneyland resort hotel room. And when seasonal discounted room rates are offered to the general public, usually the discount codes can be applied on top of Disney’s promotional discount!
For both sites, to find the official Disneyland hotels, search Anaheim – Disneyland and 4 star or higher hotels. You may need to scroll down to find the Disneyland hotels.
Occasionally Disney Visa cardholders will be offered special rates at the Disneyland hotels. Generally the same offers are made available to the general public (non-cardholders) about 3-7 days later. When offered, we list the Disney Visa card offers below.
New!Disney Visa Early Winter 2023 Offer
Disney Visa cardholders can save on standard and premium rooms at select Disneyland Resort Hotels — including Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel and The Villas at Disneyland Hotel — most Sunday through Thursday nights October 22 through December 21, 2023. Travel must be complete by December 22, 2023.
- Save up to 15% on rooms at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel.
- Save up to 10% on rooms at Disneyland Hotel.
- Save up to 10% on The Villas at Disneyland Hotel.
This offer can also be booked as a package by adding tickets, which then makes it subject to the Disneyland package rules.
Book by 12/11/23.
Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Offer is nontransferable, and is not valid on previously booked rooms or suites. Not valid for select Concierge rooms, Signature or Premium suites, or for 2- and 3-bedroom Villas. Excludes applicable taxes and fees. You must make an immediate deposit with a Disney Visa card to book this offer. Limit two rooms per reservation.
- To book this offer, call the Disneyland Resort Reservations line at (866) 285-1578 or contact a Disney Specialist travel agent.
There are, as of now, no AAA/CAA discounts available for Disneyland Resorts.
Military Salute Discount for stays January 9 – December 15, 2023
Active and retired military personnel can receive discounts of up to 40% off at the Grand Californian, up to 35% off at Disneyland Hotel and up to 30% off at Paradise Pier. This offer is valid for stays most nights 1/9/23 – 12/15/23. Travel must be complete by December 16, 2023.
The Military Salute room discount is available for a limited number of rooms and works on a sliding scale. That means that as rooms fill up for a certain date, resort or room type, the discount will be adjusted to an increasingly smaller discount, or may not be available at all.
Offer excludes select Concierge rooms and suites, except Paradise, Artisan, Junior and Family suites.
Valid for active or retired members of the US military, including the National Guard, Reservists, the US Coast Guard, the US Space Force with a valid military ID card. It also includes the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS) and the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
Valid Military ID will be required upon check-in and military member (or spouse) must stay in room. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply. No group rates or other discounts apply. Limit two rooms per reservation and five people maximum per room. Advance reservations required. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
Book by 12/11/23.
- To book a room with the Military Salute Discount, call Disneyland Resort Reservations at (844) 776-0015 or contact a Disney Specialist travel agent.
Thanks to Military Disney Tips for info.
As of September 2021, Disneyland has a new annual pass program.
No current offers.
Very occasionally a special discount only for Canadians will be released, but this is rare.
You can visit Disneyland’s Canadian website and select the Special Offers tab to see any current deals specific to Canadians, but 99% of the time the offers are the same as those distributed in the US. Sometimes the Canadian offer will have a different discount code, but otherwise it will be identical to the US offer.
Canadians can book the US offers as well.
- The Disney specialist travel agency we recommend, Small World Vacations, gladly works with clients around the globe. They have many clients from Canada.