Disneyland Resort Hotel Discounts
LAST UPDATE: 4/16/21
On this page you’ll find all the “room only” hotel discounts and deals for all three Disney resorts at Disneyland (California): the Grand Californian, Paradise Pier Hotel and Disneyland Hotel.
Special note: Disneyland (California) theme parks will reopen on April 30, 2021 to California residents only (until further notice). There will be capacity limits, new health & safety procedures and a theme park reservation will be required for the first park you visit. Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will reopen on April 29, 2021; new reservations can be booked. The DVC Villas at the Grand Californian will reopen on May 2, 2021. Paradise Pier Hotel and the Disneyland Hotel will reopen at a later date. Read more Disneyland reopening information here.
Disneyland (California) resort discounts must be thought of as a “clearance sale” — if you want the discount, you have to be willing to take what’s left over! It’s important to be flexible with both dates and hotels, and to be persistent in calling back periodically to see if anything has opened up.
All of the discounted Disneyland hotel rates listed below are subject to availability and are per night, usually for double occupancy, unless otherwise noted. An extra charge may apply for additional adults in the room. Kids under 18 years of age are free of charge on a “room only” reservation.
- Not sure which which Disneyland Resort Hotel is right for you? Read our detailed reviews of all three Disneyland Resort hotels, including concierge level.
- Not sure whether you want a room only reservation or a vacation package? Read about the pros and cons of vacation packages vs. room only, including cancellation and payment policies.
- Benefits of Staying of the Official Disneyland Resort Hotels
- Room Discounts for Everyone
- Room Discounts from Undercover Tourist
- CheapTickets/Orbitz Special Offers
- Newspaper Ad Rates
- Discounts for Disney Visa Cardholders
- AAA (American Automobile Association) Discounts
- Military Discounts
- Annual Passholder Rates
- Canadian Resident Discounts
- Disney Resort guests can take advantage of charging privileges available with your Disney Resort ID. You can charge select Disney purchases (i.e., meals, merchandise and tickets) to your room.
- If you buy things in the park, you can have them delivered to your hotel through the Package Delivery service.
- You can use Disneyland Vacation Planning, which can book restaurants, tours, Fantasmic! Premium Seating, or even cake / gift basket delivery to your room. You can contact them at (714) 300-PLAN (7526) once you have a reservation at one of the on-site hotels.
- Disneyland Resort hotel guests receive length-of-stay access to Extra Magic Hours at Disneyland one hour before the park opens to the public on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Extra Magic Hours guests usually get access to most Fantasyland attractions, the Matterhorn and Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Star Tours, Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. Disney’s hotel guests can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours throughout their stay. Valid theme park admission and active hotel room key required.
- Disneyland Resort hotel guests will also have length-of-stay access to Extra Magic Hours at Disney California Adventure one hour before the park opens to the public on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Extra Magic Hours guests get access to select attractions in Cars Land, Golden State, Hollywood Land and Paradise Pier. Disney’s hotel guests can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours throughout their stay. Valid theme park admission and active hotel room key required.
Prices mentioned on this page do not include room tax (currently 17%) or any parking fees. Parking fees for hotel guests can be found on Disneyland’s web site (scroll down to “Hotel Parking”).
Disney often has one or more discounts available to anyone, including international guests. No special code or membership is required to use these, but there can be minimum stay lengths, blackout dates and other requirements.
No current offers.
Long-time MouseSavers favorite Undercover Tourist also offers hotel bookings at the Official Disneyland Resorts! Their base rates typically reflect the existing Disney discounts, plus they offer an additional discount on at least some resorts and room types.
Compared to other self-service travel websites like Expedia or Orbitz, Undercover Tourist has good prices year-round with no messing around with special codes, as well as friendly customer service with live human beings. They offer the same generous cancellation and change policies as Disney with no extra fees.
Keep in mind that this is a do-it-yourself option for folks who have done their own research and just want to book a room (and optionally tickets and/or a car rental). If you want to book a Disneyland vacation package or you would like a higher level of service, with a personal Disney Specialist who will talk to you and guide you through the whole process (with no fee), we recommend booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.
Undercover Tourist is a great company that we have recommended for years for Disney World tickets and Disneyland Tickets as well as car rentals; they’re well worth considering for hotels as well. Read more about why we love Undercover Tourist.
For room-only bookings, using a discount code at an online travel agency might provide a better price on a Disney resort room, but you need to be very careful. It’s definitely more work than using a full-service travel agent, but if you’re comfortable doing your own research, the savings can be worth it. Be sure to read the caveats in this section carefully, and compare the final bottom-line price for several different options before booking. Do not rely on the price shown on the hotel page or on the search comparisons page, or on the price shown on online comparison sites. The online travel agencies like Expedia and Orbitz are very cagey about tossing in additional fees on the final checkout screen, charging extra for cancellations when the hotel doesn’t charge for them and so forth.
CheapTickets and Orbitz are really the same company, but they don’t always offer exactly the same deals. They usually charge the same rates for the Disneyland hotels (Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian) as Disney’s rates, including any current room-only discount offers, but they also often offer coupon codes that take a percentage off the rate. When there are no other deals around, this can be one of the only ways to get some kind of discount on your Disneyland resort hotel room. And when seasonal discounted room rates are offered to the general public, usually the discount codes can be applied on top of Disney’s promotional discount!
For both sites, to find the official Disneyland hotels, search Anaheim – Disneyland and 4 star or higher hotels. You may need to scroll down to find the Disneyland hotels.
The Disneyland hotels occasionally advertise special rates in both the LA Times and the San Diego Union-Tribune, and these rates are generally available to anyone who asks (i.e. not just local residents). Ask for the “LA Times Rate” or the “San Diego Union-Tribune Rate.” Worth a try!
- To book newspaper ad rates, call Disneyland Resort Reservations at (866) 285-1578.
Occasionally Disney Visa cardholders will be offered special rates at the Disneyland hotels. Generally the same offers are made available to the general public (non-cardholders) about 3-7 days later. When offered, we list the Disney Visa card offers below.
There are, as of now, no AAA/CAA discounts available for Disneyland Resorts.
No current offers.
As of January 2021, Disneyland has ended their annual passholder program; we have more information here.
Very occasionally a special discount only for Canadians will be released, but this is rare.
You can visit Disneyland’s Canadian website and select the Special Offers tab to see any current deals specific to Canadians, but 99% of the time the offers are the same as those distributed in the US. Sometimes the Canadian offer will have a different discount code, but otherwise it will be identical to the US offer.
Canadians can book the US offers as well.
- The Disney specialist travel agency we recommend, Small World Vacations, gladly works with clients around the globe. They have many clients from Canada.