Legoland California, Sea Life Aquarium & Legoland Water Park Discounts & Coupons
LAST UPDATE: 9/20/17
Legoland California, located in Carlsbad (North San Diego County), offers more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. It’s a beautiful park, and great for young children. Legoland tickets can be expensive, but there are frequent promotions, coupons, and other ways to get a Legoland ticket discount. Check below for the latest Legoland admission discounts, coupons, and offers.
Sea Life Aquarium is located right next door to Legoland and features play zones, fun facts and quiz trails, putting children in touch with the aquatic world in a memorable way.
Legoland Water Park is the world’s first Legoland Water Park, with four-person raft slides, single-person tube slides, body slides, a lazy river and hands-on toddler areas.
If you need tickets to Legoland and other Southern California attractions, it’s worth checking out the available multi-attraction ticket discounts to see if they can save you extra money. Be sure to compare the final cost of a multi-park pass to the combined cost of the individual tickets; the best deal varies depending on the specific attractions and the discounts that are currently available.
All offers are subject to change without notice. Always call ahead and confirm before driving out of your way to take advantage of a particular offer!
- Legoland Gate Prices (includes Water Park, Sea Life Aquarium & Hopper Tickets)
- Legoland Ticket Discounts
- Discounts on Multi-Attraction Tickets that include Legoland California
- Hotels near Legoland
1-Day Admission Ticket for Legoland is $95 for adults (13+), $89 for children (3-12).
Legoland California Pass (one year of admission) is $159 for adults (13+), $159 for children (3-12). It includes one year of admission to Legoland California, a 15% discount on Legoland Hotel bookings and more.
Merlin Annual Pass – Standard is $199 for adults (13+), $199 for children (3-12). It includes one year of admission to all Legoland Theme Parks, Legoland Water Parks (with blackout dates of all Saturdays and Sundays from July 1 – August 13, 2017), Legoland Discovery Centers, Sea Life Aquarium, and other attractions across the US. Includes free parking, up to 20% dining discount, 10% discount on retail purchases, 15% discount on Legoland Hotel bookings and more.
Merlin Annual Pass – Premium is $279 for adults (13+), $279 for children (3-12). It includes one year of admission to all Legoland Theme Parks, Legoland Water Parks, Legoland Discovery Centers, Sea Life Aquarium, and other attractions across the US. Includes free parking, one FREE Legoland admission ticket, one Brick-or-Treat Party Night ticket, up to 20% dining discount, 10% discount on retail purchases, 15% discount on Legoland Hotel bookings and more.
Parking is $18 for cars, $25 for RVs, $5 for motorcycles. Preferred Parking is available for $25.
Legoland has no separate admission prices for Sea Life Aquarium. You must buy a Hopper ticket to get access to the aquarium, or purchase an $18 upgrade to your Legoland ticket.
Legoland has no separate admission prices for Legoland Water Park. You must buy a Hopper ticket to get access to the water park, or purchase a $21 upgrade to your Legoland ticket.
1-Day Water Park Hopper (Legoland California + Legoland Water Park) is $116 for adults (13+), $110 for children (3-12).
1-Day SeaLife Park Hopper (Legoland California + Sea Life Aquarium) is $113 for adults (13+), $107 for children (3-12).
1-Day Resort Hopper (Legoland California + Sea Life Aquarium + Legoland Water Park) is $119 for adults (13+), $113 for children (3-12).
- Discount Tickets from aRes
- Legoland California Website Discounts
- FREE Child Ticket with Purchase of full price Adult Ticket Offer
- LEGO Club Magazine Subscriber Discounts
- AAA Discounts
- Costco Discounts
- Air Miles
- Military Discounts
- Airline Employee Discounts
- American Express Membership Rewards Points
- California PTA Member Discounts
aRes Travel offers discounts on Legoland California tickets, which you can purchase instantly online and print out (thus no shipping fee). They are an extremely reliable ticket vendor we’ve been recommending for years. They have decades of experience selling Southern California attraction tickets, and have excellent customer service, with real people you can talk to. You can buy from them with confidence.
- Get one FREE 1-day child Legoland/Sea Life Aquarium Hopper pass with each 1-day adult Legoland/Sea Life Aquarium Hopper you purchase for $112. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Tickets valid through 10/30/17.
- Get Legoland 1-day tickets for just $86 adult / $80 child. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Tickets valid through 12/31/17.
- Get a 1-day Resort Hopper plus admission to one Brick or Treat Party Night for just $83 (ages 3 and up). Tickets valid only for September 30; October 7, 14, 21 or 28, 2017. All visits must be completed on the same day. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Tickets valid through 10/28/17.
- Get a 1-day Resort Hopper plus 4 days FREE for just $112 adult / $106 child! There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. All visits must be used within 5 consecutive days from the date of first use. Tickets valid through 10/1/17.
- Get a Resort Hopper plus second day FREE for just $100 adult / $96 child! There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. You can use the 2nd day anytime within 9 days after your first admission. Tickets valid through 10/1/17.
- Get the combined Legoland/Sea Life Aquarium Hopper pass plus second day FREE for just $101 adult / $95 child. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. You can use the 2nd day anytime within 9 days after your first admission! Tickets valid through 12/31/17.
- Family pack! Buy at least 3 Legoland/Sea Life Aquarium Hopper passes plus second day FREE for just $90 per ticket. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. You can use the 2nd day anytime within 9 days after your first admission! Tickets valid through 12/31/17.
The Legoland website sometimes has special offers. Check here for current specials and Legoland discounts.
Get a FREE child SeaLife or Water Park Hopper ticket when you purchase a full price adult SeaLife or Water Park Hopper ticket to Legoland California online. Limit one free ticket per coupon. Use discount ID 179902. Offer expires 11/30/17. Thanks to Chris F for info.
Sign up for the FREE monthly LEGO Club Magazine, and look for coupons for discounted admission to Legoland California. Thanks to Sulan D for info.
AAA is a loosely associated group of clubs that each cover a small geographical area, usually a single state or portion of a state. Different clubs have different offers, so it’s worth checking both your own AAA state club and the Southern California AAA club websites. To check your own state club, just go to AAA.com and you will be redirected (usually) to your local club. If you haven’t yet set up your online access, you’ll sometimes need to do that to see your local club’s discounts. To check the Southern California site, click here and enter zip code 92008. Once you get to the club home page, click the “Discounts” tab and select “Attractions.”
If a particular discount on the Southern California site involves booking online through the club site, you will usually need to be a Southern California member. Discounts that involve showing your card at the gate are available to any AAA member. If you can get to a Southern California AAA club office, you can usually take advantage of offers that must be bought in person, even if you’re a member of a different AAA club.
Generally AAA members can get a 10% admission discount at the gate, and sometimes discounts on other things such as food or merchandise.
Costco members can sometimes purchase Legoland tickets at significant discounts, either in your local store or on Costco.com. Non-members can buy from the online site, but pay a 5% surcharge. There is a shipping charge when ordering from Costco.com.
Costcos on the west coast are more likely to have tickets for Legoland California. In the eastern US, they are more likely to have tickets in the spring for Legoland Florida.
Readers report that Canadians can redeem Air Miles for Legoland California tickets. Thanks to Dawn N for info.
Active duty, Reserve, National Guard, Military Retirees, Veterans and dependents can purchase 1-day admission to Legoland California plus second day FREE for $75 adult (13+), $69 child (ages 3-12) or a 1-day Resort Hopper plus 2 days FREE for $82 adult (13+) or child (ages 3-12). All visits must occur by 12/31/17. Please note: there is a $0.95 cent verification service fee per order. You must show valid Military Credentials or Military Dependent Credentials when you enter the park. This offer is only available online.
There may also be discounted tickets available at the ITT at your MWR office on base.
Airline Employees are eligible for a 20% discount on up to 6 tickets per visit. Must show valid employee airline ID at the ticket booth to obtain discount.
If you have an American Express card that earns Membership Rewards points, you can redeem those points for Legoland tickets. Thanks to Amy H for info.
California PTA members programs can get discounts on tickets to Legoland California.
- Get a 1-Day SeaLife Park Hopper for $52 per person. Tickets must be reserved and pre-paid in advance by phone.
- Get FREE child admission with paid adult admission. Tickets must be purchased online in advance.
If you know you want to visit other attractions as well as Legoland, there are a number of discount pass options available that can save you a lot of money, and eliminate the hassle of buying all of your tickets individually. We’ve scouted out some of the best discounts you can find from reputable companies and describe them here. For more details and pricing just click on the pass name.
- Go San Diego Card & Go Los Angeles Card
- Build Your Own San Diego Passes
- San Diego & Los Angeles Attraction Package Deals
- Southern California CityPASS + Legoland California
Go San Diego and Go Los Angeles Cards are all-inclusive passes that allow you to visit as many attractions as you want within a set number of days (usually 3 to 7 days). You pay one discount price for the number of days you choose. These work well if you are visiting at least two major attractions plus some less expensive attractions. The more attractions you visit, the more you save.
GO San Diego Card: If you want to fit in as much as you can in 1- to 7-days using one simple pass for one price, consider this all-inclusive pass. Plus, MouseSavers readers get an extra $25 off their purchase of $225 or more! This pass includes Legoland, SeaWorld San Diego on 3+ day cards, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Zoo Safari Park, Knott’s Berry Farm, plus multiple other attractions in the San Diego area.
GO Los Angeles Card: This all-inclusive pass is very similar to the Go San Diego Card. This pass includes Legoland, and slightly different southern California attractions, such as Universal Studios Hollywood and Six Flags Magic Mountain. MouseSavers readers get an extra $25 off their purchase of $225 or more!
Select where you want to go from dozens of attractions and build your own custom pass. You’ll save up to 20% off gate prices when you select 2 or more attractions. You have 30 days from first use to visit your selected attractions.
Build Your Own San Diego Pass can include any combination of Legoland, the San Diego Zoo, San Diego Wild Animal Safari Park and SeaWorld San Diego, the new Aquatica San Diego, and lots more. You can even add attractions in Los Angeles and Las Vegas! Passes are good for 30 days from first use.
These packaged deal passes offer some of the very best discounts you’ll find. They bundle several very popular attractions and offer a slightly better discount than if you were to build your own pass with the same choices. If one of these passes includes your choices, you’ll save a significant amount off gate prices, up to 27% for packages that include Legoland! You have 30 days from first use with all of these passes.
- Click here to check out San Diego Attraction Package passes. Most packaged passes include Legoland, as well as other popular attractions such as the San Diego Zoo and SeaWorld.
- The Southern California Family Fun Pass, a Los Angeles Attraction Package, includes Legoland, Universal Studios Hollywood, the San Diego Zoo and Knott’s Berry Farm. You’ll save 19% off gate prices with this pass.
Click here to get an overview of all the multi-attraction passes that we’ve found to offer terrific value.
Looking for a place to stay near Legoland? Carlsbad, California, where Legoland is located, is known as a “little village by the sea.” In addition to Legoland, Carlsbad offers lovely beaches, shopping outlets, and the Carlsbad Flower Fields, located on Carlsbad Ranch. There are many resorts and hotels located within 5 miles of Legoland, and if you don’t have a place in mind, we suggest checking out the hotels below. Our recommendations are not the cheapest places you can find — there are plenty of those out there — but we feel they offer a very good value for your dollar. As with our preferred hotels for Disney, we suggest accommodations that will enhance your stay while not breaking the bank. That said, if you are used to Orlando area pricing, you will be in for some sticker shock. Low rates for decent but average hotels start at around $80-$120/night, mid-range hotels start at around $120 and can run upwards to $275/night or higher in peak seasons.
Legoland is located in Carlsbad, California, about 30 miles north of San Diego Address is 5480 Grand Pacific Drive, Carlsbad, California 92008.
If you don’t know where to start, we suggest checking out:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton, Carlsbad – Excellent moderate rates for condo-style suites with kitchens, hotel includes full hot breakfast daily and is located 2.2 miles from Legoland.
- Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa – Half a mile from Legoland and 1 mile from beaches, elegant mid-range resort offers spa, pool and dining at on-site restaurant.
Sometimes the best offers are directly through the hotels’ own websites, and if you are a member of a specific loyalty program, you probably want to search across all of that hotel company’s brands. For example, Hilton owns DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Waldorf Astoria, etc. Here are links to the overall parent company websites where you can search their whole portfolio– use Carlsbad, California to find hotels closest to Legoland:
- Starwood Hotels (Westin, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton)
- Hilton Hotels (DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hampton, Homewood Suites)
- Marriott Hotels (Courtyard, Fairfield, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites, TownePlace Suites)
- Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) (Candlewood Suites, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites)
- Choice Hotels (Clarion, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites)
- Wyndham Hotel Group (Howard Johnson, Ramada, Super 8, Travelodge)