Universal Studios Hollywood Ticket Discounts and Deals
LAST UPDATE: 6/22/18
Universal Studios Hollywood runs many promotions that can save you money. Universal Studios tickets are expensive, but there are multiple sources for discounts. Check below for the latest Universal Studios California ticket discounts, coupons and offers. Universal Studios Hollywood is located in Southern California; for information about tickets discounts and other offers for their Florida location, visit our Universal Orlando page.
If you need tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood and other Southern California attractions, it’s worth checking out the available multi-attraction ticket discounts to see if they can save you extra money. Be sure to compare the final cost of a multi-park pass to the combined cost of the individual tickets; the best deal varies depending on the specific attractions and the discounts that are currently available.
All offers are subject to change without notice. Always call ahead and confirm before driving out of your way to take advantage of a particular offer!
- Universal Studios Hollywood Gate Prices
- Universal Studios Hollywood Ticket Discounts
- Discounts on Multi-Attraction Tickets that include Universal Studios Hollywood
- Getting To Universal Studios Hollywood From Anaheim
- Hotel Offers
- Other Deals
Admission ticket prices went up on February 16, 2018.
Annual Pass prices last went up April 2018.
Regular “any day” one-day admission is $129 per adult (age 10+) and $123 per child (age 3-9). Kids under 3 are free. These tickets are good for any day of the year and expire March 31, 2019. Anytime Admission is subject to availability.
“Specific day” one-day admission is priced at the gate at $129 (age 10+) or $123 (age 3-9), but when purchased at least 24 hours in advance the price varies between $109 and $124 per adult (age 10+) or $103-$118 per child (age 3-9), depending on date. Kids under 3 are free. Weekends, holidays, most of July and early August have the highest prices, and only a handful of low-season dates have the lowest prices. These tickets are only valid on a specific date and are non-refundable, so be sure you have the specific date you want to go locked down before purchasing.
Two-day admission is $139 or $159 per adult (age 10+), depending on date, if purchased at least 24 hours in advance. Admission for age 3-9 is $133 or $153, depending on the date. Kids under 3 are free. You must pick a specific date for the first visit, but the second visit can take place on any day within 7 days after the first visit.
A Universal Express Pass costs between $189 and $269 depending on the season. You save $10 on each pass if purchased at least 24 hours in advance. It includes one day of admission, priority access to attractions (one time for each attraction), and seating in a special reserved section for shows. Check the Universal Studios Hollywood website for specific prices for your dates. (Formerly known as a Front of Line Pass.)
The VIP Experience costs $359-$409 per person depending on the date. You save $10 on each pass if purchased at least 24 hours in advance. It includes one day of admission, a special longer guided tour of the backlot and park with a smaller group and opportunities to disembark and explore certain sections, unlimited Priority Access to all rides, a light breakfast and a private gourmet lunch, and free valet parking and VIP park entrance access. Advance reservations are recommended, but can be purchased at the gate if there are still tours with open spots. The last VIP tour generally leaves 6 hours prior to the closing time of the park and the number of tours offered on any day varies seasonally.
Silver Annual Pass is $189 when purchased at the gate, or $179 when purchased online. This pass has blackout dates, discounts on additional guest tickets and discounts on tickets to Halloween Horror Nights. You must select a specific date for your first visit. That first visit date is not subject to blackouts – you can pick any day of the year. After that, you may visit on any date that is not blacked out for Silver passes (blacked out days are all of July, first half of August, most summer weekends and holidays). The pass expires 12 months after your first visit.
Gold Annual Pass is $319 when purchased at the gate, or $309 when purchased online. This pass has blackout dates, FREE parking, discounts on additional guest tickets, discounts on tickets to Halloween Horror Nights and a 15% discount on in-park food and merchandise). You must select a specific date for your first visit. That first visit date is not subject to blackouts – you can pick any day of the year. After that, you may visit on any date that is not blacked out for Gold passes (blacked out days are weekends in July, late December and a few other days). The pass expires 12 months after your first visit.
Platinum Annual Pass is $619 when purchased at the gate, or $609 when purchased online. This pass has no blackout dates, one-time per day Front of Line access to each attraction and priority seating at each show, FREE parking, discounts on additional guest tickets, 15% discount on in-park food and merchandise and a FREE ticket to Halloween Horror Nights (valid on select dates only). Your first visit can be on any date. The pass expires 12 months after your first visit.
Parking prices are $25 for General Parking, $35 for Preferred Parking and $50 for Front Gate Parking. After 6:00 pm, General Parking is $10, Preferred is $20 and Front Gate is $30. Valet parking is available for $25 (plus tip) for two hours or less and $45 (plus tip) for more than two hours.
- Discount Tickets from aRes
- Universal Studios Website Deals
- Annual Passholder Discounts
- Costco Discounts
- AAA Discounts
- College Discounts
- Military Discounts
- American Express Membership Rewards Points
- Air Miles
- Ticket & Transportation Bundle
aRes Travel offers significant discounts on Universal Studios Hollywood tickets, which you can purchase instantly online and print out (thus no shipping fee). They are an extremely reliable ticket vendor we’ve been recommending for years. They have decades of experience selling Southern California attraction tickets, and have excellent customer service, with real people you can talk to. You can buy from them with confidence.
- Get a Universal Studios Hollywood 1-Day “Specific Day” ticket for $100 or $108.54 adult / $94 or $104 child (age 3-9) depending on the date. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket.
- Get a Universal Studios Hollywood 1-Day Any Day Family Pack – purchase at least 3 adult tickets at $106.50 per ticket. Child tickets (age 3-9) are $104 per ticket. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. Tickets valid through 1/31/19.
- Get a Universal Studios Hollywood 2-Day “Specific Day” ticket for $115 or $152 adult / $115 or $147 child (age 3-9) depending on the date. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. The second visit must be within 7 days of the first use of the ticket.
- Get a Universal Studios Hollywood Universal Express Off Peak Pass for $165. This ticket is valid now through June 27, 2018; August 20 – December 19, 2018 and January 7 – 31, 2019. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket. (Formerly known as a Front of Line Pass.)
- Get a Universal Studios Hollywood VIP Experience “Specific Day” ticket for $334, $364 or $394 (age 5 and up) depending on the date. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket.
- Visiting Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood? aRes is offering Disneyland & Universal Studios Hollywood Ticket Bundles.
Receive early admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter when you purchase a Universal Studios Hollywood ticket or a hotel package online on the Universal Studios Hollywood website. Early admission begins one hour before the park opens.
Check the Universal Studios Hollywood website for other deals and offers.
Holders of any of the annual passes get $5 – $25 off single-day tickets for up to 9 guests each day. The discount varies depending on whether your tickets are for peak or off-peak days. You can purchase the tickets at the gate or online. To purchase online, you must activate your pass in person at the park, then wait 24-48 hours for Universal to get your pass into their system, then register your pass on Universal Hollywood’s Season Passholder website.
Some Costco stores in Southern California carry discounted Universal Hollywood tickets from time to time. These are often a great deal, so it’s worth checking with your local store.
Costco.com sometimes offers a very good discount on Universal Hollywood tickets and you don’t have to be a Costco member to buy through their site. (Non-members pay a 5% surcharge, however.) There is a shipping charge when ordering from Costco.com.
AAA (and the Canadian equivalent, CAA) members can usually get admission discounts:
- AAA members save $3 off admission at the gate year-round.
- Check this special AAA site (may require logging into your local AAA club account) to see if there is a current online offer. Sometimes there are special offers for multi-day regular park passes and/or front of the line passes. As with so many things, the discounts tend to be better for off-season travel.
- AAA is a loosely associated group of clubs that each cover a small geographical area, usually a single state or portion of a state. Different clubs have different offers, so it’s worth checking your own AAA state club, and also the Southern California AAA web site to see if there are any special offers. Some of the offers on the Southern California site are available to members of any AAA or CAA club. To check your own state club, just go to AAA.com and you will be redirected (usually) to your local club. To check the Southern California site, use this link and enter zip code 91608. Once you get to the club home page, click the “Discounts” tab and select “Attractions”.
Faculty, staff, and students at many California colleges get a discount on tickets and annual passes. For most of the colleges you must register with an official college email address in order to order online. For others, you must purchase in person, usually at the student store, and show your ID. You may purchase tickets for others using this discount.
Universal offers discounts to active and retired US Military, DOD personnel, National Guard, Reservists and their dependents. Get $3 off general admission tickets purchased in person at the gates. You will need to show a valid military or US government ID showing your military/DOD affiliated status. A larger discount is available in advance from MWR/ITT offices.
If you have an American Express card that earns Membership Rewards points, you can redeem those points for Universal Studios Hollywood tickets. Thanks to Kristin K for info.
Readers report that Canadians can redeem Air Miles for Universal Hollywood tickets. Thanks to Dawn N for info.
If you need transportation from Anaheim to Universal Studios Hollywood in addition to tickets, you can book a fully narrated trip to Universal Studios Hollywood that includes admission. If you add up the cost of alternative transportation plus admission, it can be a very reasonable option.
If you know you want to visit other attractions as well as Universal Studios, there are a number of discount pass options available that can save you a lot of money, and eliminate the hassle of buying all of your tickets individually. We’ve scouted out some of the best discounts you can find from reputable companies and describe them here. For more details and pricing just click on the pass name.
- Universal Studios Hollywood & Disneyland Tickets
- Universal Studios Hollywood & Other Major Attractions
- Overview of Southern California Multi-Attraction Passes
Universal Studios Hollywood & Disneyland Tickets
aRes is offering a nice discount when you buy a bundle that includes 2-Day, 3-Day, 4-Day or 5-Day Disneyland Tickets and 1-Day Universal Studios Hollywood Tickets, which you can purchase instantly online and print out (thus no shipping fee). They are an extremely reliable ticket vendor we’ve been recommending for years. They have decades of experience selling Southern California attraction tickets, and have excellent customer service, with real people you can talk to. You can buy from them with confidence.
- 2-Day NON-Hopper (1 Park Per Day) Tickets plus 1-Day Universal Studios Tickets are $309 adult / $294 child (3-9), plus a $2 convenience fee.
- 3-Day NON-Hopper (1 Park Per Day) Tickets plus 1-Day Universal Studios Tickets are $372 adult / $352 child (3-9), plus a $2 convenience fee. Includes one Magic Morning admission to Disneyland (available on select days).
- 4-Day NON-Hopper (1 Park Per Day) Tickets plus 1-Day Universal Studios Tickets are $392 adult / $370 child (3-9), plus a $2 convenience fee. Includes one Magic Morning admission to Disneyland (available on select days).
- 5-Day NON-Hopper (1 Park Per Day) Tickets plus 1-Day Universal Studios Tickets are $407 adult / $384 child (3-9), plus a $2 convenience fee. Includes one Magic Morning admission to Disneyland (available on select days).
- 2-Day Disneyland Park Hopper Tickets plus 1-Day Universal Studios Tickets are $362 adult / $346 child (3-9), plus a $2 convenience fee.
- 3-Day Disneyland Park Hopper Tickets plus 1-Day Universal Studios Tickets are $412 adult / $408 child (3-9), plus a $2 convenience fee. Includes one Magic Morning admission to Disneyland (available on select days).
- 4-Day Disneyland Park Hopper Tickets plus 1-Day Universal Studios Tickets are $434 adult / $430 child (3-9), plus a $2 convenience fee. Includes one Magic Morning admission to Disneyland (available on select days).
- 5-Day Disneyland Park Hopper Tickets plus 1-Day Universal Studios Tickets are $450 adult / $435 child (3-9), plus a $2 convenience fee. Includes one Magic Morning admission to Disneyland (available on select days).
You will receive the Universal Studios tickets immediately upon booking and the Disneyland tickets via email within 24 hours of booking. aRes is a reliable authorized Disneyland and Universal Studios ticket vendor and this is a perfectly safe way to buy tickets at a nice discount.
First use of the Disneyland tickets must take place by 12/31/18 and they expire 13 days after first use or 1/13/19, whichever comes first. Universal Studios Hollywood tickets expire 12/31/18.
Universal Studios Hollywood & Other Major Attractions
Go Los Angeles Card is an all-inclusive pass that allows you to visit as many attractions as you want within a set number of days (usually 3 to 7 days). You pay one discount price for the number of days you choose. These work well if you are visiting at least two major attractions plus some less expensive attractions. The more attractions you visit, the more you save.
GO Los Angeles Card: This all-inclusive pass includes Universal Studios, Legoland, Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Discovery Science Center, The Hollywood Museum, Dolby Theatre Guided Tour, Warner Bros. VIP Studio Tour, Madame Tussaud’s Hollywood, The Huntington Library, Aquarium of the Pacific, and lots more. MouseSavers readers get an extra $25 off their purchase of $225 or more!
Los Angeles Attraction Package Deals
The Los Angeles Attraction Package deals bundle several very popular attractions and offer a better discount than if you were to build your own pass with the same choices. You have 30 days from first use with all of these passes. Discounts for Attraction Package deals that include Universal Studios Hollywood vary from 19% to 25% off gate prices.
Check out all of the available Los Angeles Value Packages. Two MouseSavers favorites include:
- Southern California 4 Park Combo Pass: If you plan to visit Universal Studios, Knott’s Berry Farm, San Diego Zoo, and SeaWorld San Diego, consider this pass. You’ll save up to 17% off gate prices!
- Top 4 Los Angeles Attractions Package: This pass gives you access to Universal Studios, and several other major Hollywood attractions: Madame Tussauds Hollywood; Warner Bros. VIP Studio Tour and Hollywood Movie Star Homes Tour. You’ll save 25% off the retail price of visiting these attractions separately.
- SoCal Theme Park Pass – Save 21% off gate prices at Universal Studios plus choose 3 more major parks. Choose between San Diego Zoo OR Safari Park, Legoland OR SeaWorld San Diego and Knott’s Berry Farm OR Six Flags Magic Mountain. This pass is found in San Diego Value Packages.
A rental car is a good option if you’re going to be driving around the Los Angeles area quite a bit or going to multiple other theme parks or attractions. Remember to figure in the parking fee of $25-$50, depending on how close to the front you want to park (generally we wouldn’t recommend paying for closer parking; you’re going to be walking all day, what’s a little more?). Allow a good 1.5 – 2 hours to drive there during morning traffic, which will be stop and go most of the time. It’s only 40 minutes if there’s no traffic, but realistically, during normal daytime hours there’s going to be traffic. From the Disneyland area, there’s really only one good route – get on I-5 heading north, and about 20 miles up the road you switch to the 101 north, and eventually you’ll see signs for the Universal Studios exit. Coming back, just reverse directions: 101 south to I-5 south to the Disneyland exit.
You can take a cab; just call one directly or have bell services, the valet or front desk of your hotel call one for you. Keep in mind it’s a long trip: the round-trip fare is likely to be $275 – $325 with tip. Lyft will be less, more like $120-$150 depending on traffic.
For an economical, worry-free and fun way to get to Universal Studios Hollywood (which includes park admission), we recommend the trip to Universal Studios Hollywood offered by The Anaheim Tour Company.
This is a family-owned, local Anaheim business, and we really like their attention to detail and customer service. They have the only scheduled private trip to Universal Studios Hollywood that we know of that will get you there at opening (sometimes a few minutes after opening if traffic is very bad). That does require getting up early, but it makes a HUGE difference in the lines for the rides and how much you’ll be able to see at Universal Studios. They pick up and drop off at all Disneyland-area hotels, both on-property and off-property. They pick up from each hotel, not just somewhere in the general vicinity – no walking a long way to meet your bus! The entire trip is narrated and they do a great job of pointing out local landmarks and telling guests about the history of the area.
The Anaheim Tour Company also offers a Universal Studios Hollywood Combo Tour. You still arrive when the park opens, like the Universal Studios Hollywood Tour, but the tour leaves Universal Studios about 90 minutes earlier at the end of the day so you can enjoy an additional 4.5 hour evening tour of Los Angeles, Hollywood and Beverly Hills! There is a lot to see in Hollywood, but crowds and aggressive panhandlers can make the area a bit intimidating. With this tour, you can see the sights without having to navigate the roads or deal with the crowds on your own. The tour takes you to some of the most famous LA landmarks like the Hollywood Walk of Fame and The Chinese Theater and includes a dinner stop at Carney’s Train Car (from The Big Bang Theory and other movies and TV shows – cost of dinner is not included in the tour), plus 3 other stops where you can walk around and take photos.
The Anaheim Tour Company offers a discount to MouseSavers readers – get $8 off each adult ticket (ages 9 and up) and $2 off each child ticket (ages 3-8)!
The online ticket processor adds a 6% booking fee to each order. You can avoid the online booking fee by calling Anaheim Tour Company directly at 714-817-9733. Mention MouseSavers to get the exclusive discount.
- Book the Universal Studios Hollywood Tour! Be sure to use discount code MouseUni8 for adult tickets and discount code MouseUni2 for child tickets.
- Book the Universal Studios Hollywood Combo Tour, including historic Hollywood, LA and Beverly Hills! Be sure to use discount code MouseCombo10 for adult tickets and discount code MouseCombo4 for child tickets.
The official hotel for Universal Studios Hollywood is the Sheraton Universal Hotel. The hotel offers amazing views of the theme park and complimentary tram rides to Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Citywalk. There is High Speed Internet Access in each room (for an extra fee).
AAA members get a 10% discount for food and beverages at most park and CityWalk locations, with some exclusions that can vary by season. It never hurts to ask!