Disney World Water Parks, Tours, La Nouba & More
LAST UPDATE: 7/4/17
If you buy a multi-day ticket to the Walt Disney World theme parks and stay for a week or less, you’ll probably find that you can’t begin to explore all the entertainment options that are INCLUDED in the park passes, between the rides, parades, fireworks, and a zillion other Disney World activities.
However, the time may come when you’ll want to get out of the Disney theme parks and do something different, like riding the wild slides at Disney’s water parks, taking a backstage tour, spending an evening at Cirque du Soleil’s dazzling show La Nouba, getting a relaxing massage at one of the Disney spas, playing a round of golf on one of Disney’s award-winning courses, or enjoying any of the dozens of other Disney World attractions.
Naturally, Disney has plenty of ways to separate you from your money if you want to enjoy these extras. There are some discounts, deals and bargains available for almost every activity you can name, however, and we’ve gathered them in one place here!
- Special Events
- Water Parks
- Cirque du Soliel La Nouba
- Aerophile/Characters in Flight Balloon
- Amphicar Tours
- Spa & Salon Treatments
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- The Pirates League
- Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street
- Tours and Special Backstage Programs
- Pool Cabanas
- Boating & Water Sports
- Bass Fishing
- Miniature Golf
- ESPN Wide World of Sports
Click here to see an entire page of seasonal and special events at Walt Disney World, many of which are included in the price of admission.
Whether you want information about Mickey’s Not-So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom, the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom, this is the place to check!
If an additional cost is required to attend the event, we list any available discounts.
There are currently two Disney water parks: Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. Both are wonderfully themed and have great water slides as well as quieter areas to just float. Standard water park tickets are valid at both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, and if both are open you can visit both on the same day with one ticket.
- Tickets That Include Water Park Admission
- Water Park Discounts at Ticket Window
- Other Water Park Deals
- If you have Magic Your Way Tickets with the Park Hopper Plus option (formerly Water Park Fun & More), you can use one or more of the “visits” for admission to a water park.
- Platinum Plus Passes include unlimited admission to the water parks for as long as your pass is valid.
- Limited Time Offer: Disney World Annual and Seasonal Passholders can purchase 1-day water park tickets for themselves and up to 3 guests for $47.93 each, tax included. Offer valid until October 17, 2017.
- Disney Vacation Club members pay only $47.93, tax included, for 1-day water-park tickets.
- Auto Club South offices in Florida offer a small (about $3) discount on Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon admission for AAA and CAA members. The nearest office to Disney World is located at 7339 West Sand Lake Road, Suite 424 in Bay Hill/Orlando (note that this is not very close to Disney World — it’s about 11-12 miles away). Call (407) 351-5610 for hours and directions. Tickets must be purchased in person unless you are a member of Auto Club South, in which case you can purchase online after logging into the Auto Club South website.
- Nothing current.
DisneyQuest closed on July 3, 2017. All existing DisneyQuest tickets are null and void, and Disney will not refund their purchase price.
La Nouba is a spectacular show with amazing feats of acrobatic prowess, beautiful lighting and costumes. While it’s expensive, most people (including us) think it’s well worth the price: We’ve seen the show three times. You can order tickets online through Ticketmaster, or by phone at (407) WDW-SEAT (939-7328). Shows are at 6:00 and 9:00 pm. There are no performances on Sundays or Mondays.
Please note: the final performance of La Nouba will be December 31, 2017. At this point, Disney has not announced any further information about what may take its place.
Our main comment would be that there are NO horrible seats in this theater. It’s not super-critical to be centered to the stage, because a lot of the show takes place in the air and there is a lot going on all the time — if you miss something on one section of the stage, there’s plenty of other activity on another part of the stage to watch! We think the big decision is whether you want to be super close (to see the performers’ faces) or further up (so you’re not craning your neck to watch the aerial acts). Cirque du Soleil keeps adding more and more premium sections to the seating, with little justification, in our minds. If you want very good seats, go for Category 2 and see if you can get a discount. If you want to see the show but you’re on a tight budget, consider Category 3 or 4. We don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
- Golden Circle Seating is $148.04 for adults (age 10 and up), $122.48 for children (ages 3-9), tax included. These seats are in the 5th and 6th row of center section 103. We do not think the premium price for these seats is justified at all. These were formerly Category 1 seats and we’ve sat in a similar position at this show. While this location provides a centered, close-up view (you can see many of the performers’ facial expressions clearly), you are looking up a lot because so much of the action takes place overhead.
- Premium (Front & Center) Seating is $132.06 for adults (age 10 and up), $108.63 for children (ages 3-9), tax included. These seats are in section 102-104, and the very front center part of 204. These seats are not worth the extra money, in our opinion. We have been in these seats when they were considered Category 1; while the 102-104 seats provide a centered, close-up view (you can see many of the performers’ facial expressions clearly), you are looking up a lot because so much of the action takes place overhead. The 204 seats are very good but it’s questionable to us whether they are worth more than the very similar Category 1 seats just behind them.
- Category 1 seats are $105.44 for adults (ages 10 and up), $85.20 for children (ages 3-9), tax included. These seats are in the rear of sections 102 and 104, the middle of 204 and the front of 202-203 and 205-206. The seats in 102 and 104 provide a close-up view (you can see many of the performers’ facial expressions clearly) but you are looking up a lot because so much of the action takes place overhead. The other seats in this category are very good, but it’s questionable to me whether they are better than some Category 2 seats.
- Category 2 (BEST VALUE, in our opinion) seats are $85.20 for adults (ages 10 and up), $68.16 for children (ages 3-9), tax included. These seats are in sections 101, 105 (close but off to the side), and portions of 202-206 (high up but relatively center). These are very good seats, especially if you can get sections 203, 204 or 205, ideally in Row FF or GG, where you are looking straight across at the aerial activities and down at the stage. Or, if you like to be right up front, take the 101 or 105 seats, since being centered for this show is not really critical. This is the ticket category that is most often discounted, and we highly recommend it.
- Category 3 seats are $79.88 for adults (ages 10 and up), $63.90 for children (ages 3-9), tax included. These seats are located in sections 201, 202, 206 and 207 and the outer back edges of sections 101 and 105. You can see fine but you are quite off-center relative to the stage.
- Category 4 seats are $62.84 for adults (ages 10 and up), $51.12 for children (ages 3-9), tax included. These seats are located on the outer, top edges of sections 201 and 207 — basically the extreme upper corners of the theater. You can see okay but you are extremely off-center relative to the stage.
- Disney World Annual and Seasonal Passholders are sometimes offered discounts to La Nouba. Call the booking line at (407) 939-7600 and ask if there is an Annual Passholders offer. You must present your valid Walt Disney World Annual Pass when picking up the tickets at the box office before the show.
- For a limited time, Florida Residents can purchase specially priced tickets to La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil for performances Tuesday through Saturday nights now through December 16, 2017. Offer expires 12/16/17. (La Nouba will not be performed May 14 – 29 or July 25, 2017.) Proof of Florida Residency Required. All ticket prices below include tax:
- Category 3 seat: $62.84 adult, $46.86 for ages 3 to 9
- Category 2 seat: $73.49 adult, $57.51 for ages 3 to 9
- Category 1 seat: $94.79 adult, $78.81 for ages 3 to 9
- Front & Center seat: $105.44 adult, $89.46 for ages 3 to 9
- Disney Vacation Club members get discounts to La Nouba on a fairly regular basis. If you are a member, log into the DVC member web site and check under Membership Magic->Special Offers to see if there is a current offer.
- Cirque Club members (free to join) are sometimes offered discounts to La Nouba.
- If you decide you want to go to La Nouba once you’re in Orlando (in other words, you haven’t bought tickets in advance), try going to one of the Disney Springs resort area hotels and asking in the official Disney ticket shop. Sometimes they are able to offer discounts of up to 15% off.
Splitsville is a luxury bowling alley with great food, located in Disney Springs. They also have live bands performing every Saturday night from 9 pm – 12:30 am. There is no cover charge.
- Disney World Annual and Seasonal Passholders get a 20% discount off the regular price of bowling (excludes tax) for walk-in bowling only.
There is an AMC 24-plex movie theater in Disney Springs.
- Disney World Annual and Seasonal Passholders get a $2 discount on adult evening admission. Valid for the Passholder only and cannot be combined with other discounts.
A tethered gas balloon — which features hand-painted silhouettes of Peter Pan, Dumbo, Aladdin, Jasmine, Buzz Lightyear, and Tinkerbell — rises 300 feet above Disney Springs. The balloon’s 19-foot diameter gondola can hold up to 29 passengers and a pilot. Participants hover for 8 to 10 minutes while enjoying a breathtaking ride and a 360-degree view of Walt Disney World.
- Birnbaum’s Walt Disney World 2017 includes a coupon for $10 flights from 8:30 am – 10:00 am, or 20% off all tickets after 10:00 am. Expires 12/31/17.
- Disney Vacation Club members pay $10 for flights between 8:30 and 10:30 am, or get 20% off full ticket price after 10:30 am.
Enjoy a 20-minute Captain’s guided tour of the landmarks of Disney Springs aboard one of The Boathouse’s rare Amphicars that drive on land and float in the water. Tours are offered hourly (weather permitting) from 10 am to 10 pm, and includes your own Car Captain and seating for up to 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 small children.
To book a tour call (407) WDW-BOAT (939-2628) or visit The Ship’s Store adjacent to The Boathouse.
- Walt Disney World Annual and Seasonal Passholders get a 15% discount off the regular price of a tour.
- Disney Vacation Club members et a 15% discount off the regular price of a tour.
There are two full-service spas available at Walt Disney World resorts: Senses Spa at the Grand Floridian Spa and Senses Spa at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort. Most of Disney’s Deluxe hotels also offer limited massage services, fitness rooms and/or salons. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (407) 824-2332 for Grand Floridian or (407) 827-4455 for Saratoga Springs.
The Mandara Spa at the Walt Disney World Dolphin is another full-service spa option on Disney World property.
Curious about how the spas differ? Click here to read a review comparing the Mandara Spa at the Walt Disney World Dolphin with the Spa at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort.
- Disney World Annual and Seasonal Passholders save 15% on any regularly priced 50-minute or longer spa service including massages and facials per visit at the Senses Spa at Grand Floridian Resort and Saratoga Springs Resort, Zahanti Massage & Fitness Center at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Olympiad Fitness Center at Contemporary Resort, La Vida Health Club at Coronado Springs Resort, Ivy Trellis Salon at Grand Floridian Resort, Sturdy Branches Health Club at Wilderness Lodge Resort and Ship Shape Massage • Salon • Fitness at Yacht & Beach Club Resorts. Good only for the Passholder. A reservation is required.
- Disney World Annual and Seasonal Passholders save 15% per visit on any regularly priced Salon treatment valued at $45 or greater at the Senses Spa at Grand Floridian Resort and Saratoga Springs Resort, Zahanti Massage & Fitness Center at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Olympiad Fitness Center at Contemporary Resort, La Vida Health Club at Coronado Springs Resort, Ivy Trellis Salon at Grand Floridian Resort, Sturdy Branches Health Club at Wilderness Lodge Resort and Ship Shape Massage • Salon • Fitness at Yacht & Beach Club Resorts. Good only for the Passholder. A reservation is required.
- Disney Vacation Club members get 15% off most spa treatments. These discounts apply at the Senses Spas and at the Disney resort fitness centers. Gratuity not included. In addition, Disney Vacation Club members qualify for a variety of FREE treatment upgrades and rotating specials: see the Member website for details.
- All Magic Your Way vacation packages include a coupon for 15% off most 50 minute or greater services at the Disney spa locations. (Hand and foot treatments are excluded.)
- Check the Mandara Spa website for specials (select the Spa Offers tab).
- Disney Vacation Club members get 20% off all services Monday – Thursday and 10% off all services Friday – Sunday. An automatic service charge (which includes gratuity) of 20% is added to your bill.
- D23 Gold members get 10% off all services Friday – Sunday at any Mandara Spa.
Magnolia Spa at Shades of Green
If you qualify to stay at the military-only Shades of Green on the Walt Disney World property, you can visit Magnolia Spa at the resort, which offers treatments at prices substantially lower than the other spas on Disney property and nearby. Click here to see a Magnolia Spa menu with prices.
MouseSavers Preferred Hotel Spas
Several of MouseSavers preferred hotels have small but luxurious spas, where you can pamper yourself with a variety of massage options, manicures and pedicures, or get a fabulous new salon haircut or hair treatment.
B Indulged at the B Resort & Spa
The B Resort & Spa, located near Disney Springs, operates the B Indulged®, an AVEDA lifestyle spa, a full-service spa offering a wide range of massage, skin care and body treatments, in addition to nail and hair care, waxing and make-up services. Click here for information and pricing for B Indulged at the B Resort.
The Island Spa at Caribe Royale Orlando
Caribe Royale operates The Island Spa. This boutique spa located in Tower III of the resort, offers nail, massage, and complete body treatments that are designed for ultimate relaxation. While open daily, spa hours and pricing are subject to change seasonally. Click here for information and pricing for The Island Spa at Caribe Royale.
- Guests of both Caribe Royale Orlando and Buena Vista Suites receive a 10% discount on spa services at the Island Spa.
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is an enchanting place where little royals can create their own wands, fill their own jewelry boxes, and explore a stunning array of storybook delights. The salon is owned by Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother herself and operated by her wand-toting Godmothers-in-Training. They’re wondrous whizzes with faux hair, accessories, jewels, beads, nail paints and other niceties. They’ve conjured up several royal hair styles: Fairytale Princess, Color Star, Disney Diva, Anna from Frozen or Elsa from Frozen. The Knight’s Package includes hairstyling with gel, confetti and a sword and shield. The boutique is open to princesses and knights ages 3-12.
There are two locations for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique: in Disney Springs Marketplace and in the Magic Kingdom inside Cinderella Castle.
You can book sessions at either location up to 180 days in advance at (407) WDW-STYLE (939-7895).
- There are occasionally limited-time discounts or deals for Disney World Annual and Seasonal Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members, so if you are one or the other, be sure to ask when booking and at check-in.
- Note that you can bring your own princess costume from home and save a fortune vs. buying a costume at the Boutique! Thanks to Carla C for info.
Ahoy, mateys! Begin your piratical transformation when you receive your Official Pirate Name as recorded from the leather-bound captain’s log. Next, stop by the Muster Station and leave your old self behind as the Pirate Masters perform a marauder’s makeover. Hear the ways of the scurvy sea dogs as they apply yer buccaneer beard, scars, earrings and eye patches. Or even be ye a boney pirate and wear your skeleton on yer skin! Once you have fully transformed, enter the Secret Room where your Pirate Portrait is taken for posterity and the Pirate Masters reveal their hidden treasure.
The Pirates League is located in Magic Kingdom, next to Pirates of the Caribbean. For ages 3 and up. For reservations at The Pirates League call (407) WDW-CREW (939-2739).
- There are occasionally limited-time discounts or deals for Disney World Annual and Seasonal Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members, so if you are one or the other, be sure to ask when booking and at check-in.
Located on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom, the old-fashioned Harmony Barber Shop offers a relatively low-cost and definitely fun experience. Haircuts are $19 for adults, $15 for kids 12 and under, $18 for “baby’s first haircut.”
The barber shop also offers a fun service of decorating kids’ hair for a nominal charge. They will put gel and glitter (aka “Pixie Dust”) in a child’s hair, and sculpt the hair into a crazy ‘do, for just $7.50 plus tip.
The barber shop is open 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, seven days a week. You can walk up and wait your turn, though waits can take awhile at times. However, the barber shop now takes appointments up to 180 days in advance at (407) WDW-PLAY (939-7529) or (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463). (If the agent is having a hard time finding it in the system, it is listed under Children’s Activities.) You must provide a credit card number when booking. If you miss the appointment without cancelling at least 24 hours in advance, there is a $10 fee. Thanks to Kimberly F and Nancy V for info.
Disney offers many interesting backstage tours in the theme parks. You must reserve tours in advance through (407) WDW-TOUR (939-8687).
- Birnbaum’s Walt Disney World 2017 has coupons in the back good for savings on the following tours: 10% off Epcot Dive Quest, 10% off Disney’s Dolphins in Depth (up to 4 people), 10% off Epcot Seas Adventures Aqua Tour. These coupons expire 12/31/17. There’s also a coupon for 15% off the Behind the Seeds Tour at Epcot (up to 10 people) that expires 12/30/17.
- Disney World Annual and Seasonal Passholders get 15% off regular price of select tours and experiences; check the Annual Passholder website for details.
- Disney Visa cardholders save 15% on most backstage tours (such as Backstage Magic) and special programs (such as Dolphins in Depth).
- Disney Vacation Club members save 15% on most backstage tours (such as Backstage Magic) and special programs (such as Dolphins in Depth).
Private Premium VIP Tours are private tours just for your group. You’ll be led around by a Host or Hostess who will tailor the tour to your interests. They can usually assist you in experiencing the attractions with minimal waits (you don’t always skip the lines, but they know which rides will have the shortest lines at which times and in many cases they are allowed to use the FastPass+ entrance). When you set up a Private Premium VIP Tour, you can also request restaurant reservations, special viewing areas for certain shows and parades, etc. The cost is $400-$600 per hour for up to 10 guests (varies seasonally and higher rate applies if booked less than 48 hours in advance). Private Premium VIP tours have limited availability; it is recommended that you book 90 days in advance. There is a 7-hour minimum for this tour. Park admission is required. There are no discounts for this tour.
- Disney Vacation Club members who purchased points directly from Disney or before April 4, 2016 get 25% off the regular prices for private VIP tours. This perk is available through December 17, 2016.
- To arrange a Private Premium VIP Tour call 407-560-4033.
Several Ultimate VIP Tours are available: Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour, Ultimate Day for Young Families VIP Tour, the Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour and the Ultimate Day at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. These tours have a per person cost and take place on specific days of the week. On these tours you will be part of a larger group, each tour has a limited number of spots, generally around 20-25 people. The Ultimate VIP Tours can be booked 180 days in advance. Park admission is required.
- Disney World Annual and Seasonal Passholders get 15% off regular price of the Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour, the Ultimate Day for Young Families VIP Tour and the Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour; check the Annual Passholder website for details.
The Ultimate Day at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival offers discounts for Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members and Disney Rewards Visa cardholders.
- To arrange an Ultimate VIP Tour call Disney Special Activities at 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687) or go through the Disney Reservation Center, Guest Relations or the concierge at your Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
Pool cabanas are available at the three Monorail resorts: Disney’s Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian. They include such amenities as a flat-panel television, DVD player, digital music docking station, locking drawer for personal items, mini fridge, fruit platter, soft drinks and bottled water. (Amenities may vary by resort: ask when booking.) You’ll also receive service from a cabana attendant. To book a cabana, call (407) WDW-PLAY (939-7529).
- Disney Vacation Club members get 10% off pool cabanas at the Contemporary with advance reservations.
We always have a fantastic time buzzing around Bay Lake on the little Sea Raycers (formerly called “water mice”) available for rent at Wilderness Lodge and other resorts. These and many other types of boats can be rented at Walt Disney World.
Additionally, at Sammy Duvall’s Watersports Centre at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, you can try water sports including personal watercraft (jet skis), parasailing, water skiing, wakeboarding and tubing. Reservations are suggested. Certain age and other restrictions apply. For more information or reservations call (407) 939-0754.
- Check out the web specials for water sports at Sammy Duvall’s Watersports Centre at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. If you book online, you can sometimes get a discount.
- Birnbaum’s Walt Disney World 2017 includes a coupon for 15% off personal watercraft, parasailing, water skiing, wakeboarding and family tubing at Sammy Duvall’s Watersports Centre. Expires 12/31/17.
- Disney World Annual and Seasonal Passholders get 10% off personal watercraft, parasailing, water skiing, tubing and wakeboarding rentals at Sammy Duvall’s Watersports Centre.
- Disney World Annual and Seasonal Passholders get 15% off the regular price of boat, bicycle, and Surrey Bike rentals at any Walt Disney World Marina. (Excludes Specialty Cruises, Holiday Event Specialty Cruises, the Grand 1 Yacht, and Surrey Bike Rentals at BoardWalk Inn.) Certain age restrictions apply.
- Disney Vacation Club members get 10% off rentals at most Disney resort marinas and all activities at Sammy Duvall’s Watersports Centre. Does not include fishing cruises or specialty cruises.
- D23 Gold members save 10% on waterfront activities at Sammy Duvall’s Watersports Centre.
- All Magic Your Way vacation packages include a voucher for 15% off the regular price of any boat rental at participating Walt Disney World marina locations, and a voucher for 10% off the regular price of all activities including parasailing, water skiing, wakeboarding, and tubing trips at Sammy Duvall’s Watersports Centre.
- All Magic Your Way vacation packages include a voucher for 10% off the regular price of all activities including parasailing, water skiing, wakeboarding, and tubing trips at Sammy Duvall’s Watersports Centre.
Guided catch-and-release bass fishing is available at Walt Disney World. Excursions include fishing equipment, rod, reel, shiners, artificial bait, non-alcoholic beverages and a 1-year membership to B.A.S.S. (Bass Anglers Sportsman Society). Advance reservations are required. Call (407) WDW-BASS (939-2277) or request a reservation online.
- Birnbaum’s Walt Disney World 2017 includes a coupon for 20% off a 2-hour Guided Fishing Excursion. Valid for “you and up to 4 guests.” Expires 12/31/17.
- Disney World Annual and Seasonal Passholders get 15% off of a BASS Nitro or Guided Fishing Excursion. Valid for the Passholder and the number of guests on the reservation. Valid only at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Disney Vacation Club members get 15% off of a BASS Nitro or Guided Fishing Excursion.
- All Magic Your Way vacation packages include a coupon for 15% off the regular price of Guided Bass Fishing Excursions and Bass Nitro Fishing Excursions at select Walt Disney World marinas.
Disney operates three championship golf courses (Lake Buena Vista, Magnolia and Palm) plus a 9-hole family walking course (Oak Trail). Advance reservations are required. Call (407) WDW-GOLF (939-4653) or book online at golfwdw.com. The Walt Disney World Golf Blog, written by Marc Schwartz, can now be found on the Walt Disney World Golf site.
- “Sunrise 9” costs $37.28 (tax included) and includes 9 holes of golf at the Oak Trail golf course or the back 9 holes of the Lake Buena Vista golf course or the Magnolia golf course and a hot breakfast sandwich and a beverage of your choice (coffee, orange juice or water) before you play. After your round, a beverage (beer or soft drink) is also included. Tee times for this offer must be scheduled between 7:00 am and 8:30 am; you can make reservations up to 90 days in advance. Rental equipment will also be available at discounted pricing. For details, call (407) WDW-GOLF (939-4653).
- “Sunset 9” costs $30.89 (tax included) and includes 9 holes of golf at the Oak Trail, Lake Buena Vista, Palm or Magnolia golf course, use of a golf cart and a hot dog and beverage of your choice (domestic beer or soft drink) before you play. Tee times for this offer must be scheduled between 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm; you can make reservations up to 90 days in advance. Rental equipment will also be available at discounted pricing. For details, call (407) WDW-GOLF (939-4653).
- “Summer Price Slice” – In the summer months, there is usually a major discount if you are willing to start after 11:00 am, and an even deeper discount for those willing to brave the afternoon heat (generally starting at 3:00 pm or later). Ask when reserving your tee time.
- “Twilight Rates” – In the fall and winter months, there is often a discount if you are willing to start after 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon. Ask when reserving your tee time.
- “2 Round Pass,” “Play Pass” or “Replay Rate” – Play two rounds at Disney’s Palm, Magnolia or Lake Buena Vista Golf Courses and save money. (The second round can be up 50% off.) The two rounds should be reserved for different days. You may play on the same course twice or on different courses. Book within 90 days of your arrival. Thanks to Diane P for info.
- Orlando-area residents can join The Players Club for $30.89 per month (tax included) and includes the following benefits: members can play for only $15 at certain times of day and their guests also receive a special rate; members can use practice ranges for FREE; members can attend FREE Monday-Friday golf clinics led by PGA-certified golf instructors. For details, call (407) WDW-GOLF (939-4653).
- Guests staying at one of the Disney owned and operated resorts get FREE transportation between the golf courses and their hotel. The night before you plan to play, just call Bell Services and tell them what course you are playing and your scheduled tee time. They will arrange for a taxi and give you a voucher for cab fare.
- Guests staying at one of the Disney owned and operated resorts get a discount on golf club rentals when they purchase a non-discounted round of golf at Disney’s Palm, Magnolia or Lake Buena Vista Golf Courses. Guests must present a valid Resort ID at check-in to the Disney Golf course to receive this benefit. Offer not valid with any other discount or offer.
- Birnbaum’s Walt Disney World 2017 includes a coupon for a FREE same day replay with purchase of a tee time. Expires 12/31/17.
- Disney World Annual and Seasonal Passholders get special rates for Passholder and up to three guests. Tee times are limited. A valid Walt Disney World Annual or Seasonal Pass is required at check in. Advance reservations required; you can make reservations up to 90 days in advance.
- Disney Vacation Club members get a variety of discounts on golf, golf lessons and golf club rentals. The list of DVC member golf discounts is extensive; the best way to check current discounts is either on the DVC member website, which offers a printable PDF, or by looking through the Membership Magic booklet available at the front desk or concierge desk at any DVC resort.
- Active duty military personnel pay reduced greens fees for tee times after 10:00 am and get a discount on golf club rentals. A valid Military ID is required at check-in. Advance reservations required; you can make reservations up to 90 days in advance.
- If you have Magic Your Way Tickets with the Park Hopper Plus option (formerly Water Park Fun & More), you can use one or more of the “visits” for a round of golf at Oak Trail. Advance reservations are required. Club rental is not included for adults. The optional pull cart rental is not included.
If you are a frequent golfer at Walt Disney World and the surrounding area, consider using Store Your Clubs by Owner’s Locker. It’s a new service from a very reliable company we’ve been recommending for years, Owner’s Locker.
With Store Your Clubs by Owner’s Locker, you won’t have to haul a set of golf clubs back and forth, ship them or pay extra baggage fees to the airlines. The service will pick up your clubs from your resort as you depart at the end of your vacation, keep them in a climate controlled warehouse and have them waiting for you at your resort when you return!
Disney operates two miniature golf courses: Winter Summerland, located near Blizzard Beach Water Park, and Fantasia Gardens, located near the Dolphin Hotel.
- Anyone can get 50% off a second round on the same day.
- Disney World Annual and Seasonal Passholders get 15% off miniature golf, for the passholder and up to three guests.
- Disney Vacation Club members get a 15% discount on rounds of miniature golf for members and up to three guests.
- If you have Magic Your Way Tickets with the Park Hopper Plus option (formerly Water Park Fun & More), you can use one or more of the “visits” for one round of miniature golf at either Disney’s Fantasia Gardens or Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf courses (before 4:00 pm). However, note that this is not a good use of a “visit” in most cases since the cost of a round is so low by comparison with other options, such as the water parks.
- All Magic Your Way vacation packages include a voucher valid for one round of miniature golf at either Disney’s Fantasia Gardens or Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf courses. (One per room.)
ESPN innovation and entertainment joins the magic and service of Walt Disney World Resort at this 220-acre sports complex, host of more than 60 sports and thousands of events for athletes of all ages and skill levels. This is actually a very nice complex to see sporting events, and they host many different amateur sports events pretty much year-round. There is an admission fee to enter the complex, but there’s not much to see or do unless there’s a game going on, and nearly any game will have its own admission tickets which include admission to the complex.
- If you have Magic Your Way Tickets with the Park Hopper Plus option (formerly Water Park Fun & More), you can use one or more of the “visits” for admission to ESPN Wide World of Sports. However, note that this is not a good use of a “visit” in most cases since the cost of admission to this venue is so low by comparison with the other options, such as the water parks.
- Platinum Plus Passes include unlimited admission to ESPN Wide World of Sports for as long as your pass is valid.