Visiting Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
LAST UPDATE: 7/11/19
- Visiting Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland (California)
- Visiting Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Walt Disney World (Florida)
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Phase 1 opened on May 31, 2019 at Disneyland (California) and will open on August 29, 2019 at Walt Disney World (Florida). During Phase 1 the Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run attraction will be open. On this attraction, you get to take control of the Millennium Falcon as a pilot, engineer or gunner during a special mission. There will also be various Star Wars themed quick dining food and beverage options available, as well as shopping and entertainment.
New!The Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance attraction will open on December 5, 2019 at Walt Disney World (Florida) and on January 17, 2020 at Disneyland (California). Guests will be recruited to join Rey and General Organa at a secret base. Along the way, they will be captured by a First Order Star Destroyer. With the help of some heroes of the Resistance, they break out and must escape the Star Destroyer, protect the secret base, and stay one step ahead of Kylo Ren. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will incorporate a traditional “ride” experience with immersive content found all over Galaxy’s Edge. We don’t know much yet about the form this immersive content will take, but Disney has mentioned that specific events that happen during your ride may be commented on or referred to as you explore the new land.
Below are some important details to know if you are planning a trip.
Please note: all information below is subject to change. As Disney announces new information, we continue to update this page. Capacity for the parks, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences is limited. Access to the park, land and experiences may be restricted or unavailable depending on guest demand and other factors.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is in Disneyland Park and opened on May 31, 2019. Capacity is limited. The Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance attraction will open on January 17, 2020.
On any given day, Disneyland may implement a same-day reservation system for the Galaxy’s Edge area. Guests will not have to wait in line, but can visit other parts of Disneyland until it’s their turn to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is still subject to capacity limits, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the land.
- If in use, the virtual queue will be accessible via the Disneyland app, through a module called Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Status and Access, available from the main page. Once inside Disneyland Park, you can request to join a boarding group to visit the land. You can link the theme park tickets of everyone in your party together on the app to request the same boarding group for your entire party. Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the land and can monitor the status of boarding groups from the app. Once your boarding group is called, you will have 2 hours to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- If you prefer not to use the app, you can join a boarding group at select FASTPASS locations, such as Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones Adventure, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain or near the Matterhorn Bobsleds. You will need to scan your park admission ticket. Signage throughout the park will display boarding group status.
- A reservation is required for Savi’s Workshop and Oga’s Cantina, which have very limited capacities. You may book a reservation on the same day of your visit, beginning at 7:00 am, with a valid credit card. Having a reservation for either experience will give you access into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the time of the reservation, so it will not be necessary to join a boarding group. Reservations can be made on the Disneyland app, or online on the Savi’s Workshop page or the Oga’s Cantina page. If all the reservations are taken, keep checking back, sometimes reservation spots open up later in the day. Please note: there is a $199.99 no-show fee per builder at Savi’s Workshop if you fail to check in for your reservation.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is NOT included in Extra Magic Hours or Magic Morning at Disneyland.
- Until further notice, attractions in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge are NOT be available via Fastpass or MaxPass.
General information and tips about visiting Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland (California)
- Disneyland Resort’s current costume policy is in effect in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Costumes may not be worn by guests age 14 years or older. Appropriate Disney bounding – dressing in outfits inspired by favorite characters – is permitted.
- If you are taking a ride-share service like Lyft to the park, book your drop off in Downtown Disney; there’s more room to find a drop off place. (If you haven’t used Lyft before, check out this offer to get $5 off your first ride!)
- When the boarding group system is in place, Smuggler’s Run tends to develop long lines at the beginning of each group time slot as everyone makes a mad rush for it. About an hour later or so, the line settles down to a more reasonable level. You may want to walk around Galaxy’s Edge first and enjoy the atmosphere, then do Smuggler’s Run after the first hour. When/if in the future Disney stops using the boarding groups, it will probably be a good idea to get on Smuggler’s Run early, as the lines for it will probably look more like the lines for other premium attractions like Space Mountain or Splash Mountain.
- Guests who are in the queue for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run can leave temporarily to purchase snacks and visit the restroom. Ask a cast member how.
- To purchase discounted Disneyland tickets, check our Disneyland Ticket Discounts page.
- Check our Disneyland Resort Hotel Discounts page to see if there are any discounts for your stay dates.
- Our Disneyland Vacation Package Discounts page has information and advice about booking a Disneyland Vacation Package.
A reservation will not be offered or required to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Valid theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge after its opening on August 29, 2019. Capacity is limited. Based on the previous openings, we expect access to the land to be capacity-limited (i.e. you will have to line up outside when the area gets too full, or they may implement a same-day reservation (“boarding group”) system similar to Disneyland). The Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance attraction will open on December 5, 2019.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be available during Extra Magic Hours.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios at will have Extra, Extra Magic Hours daily from September 1 – November 2, 2019 from 6:00 – 9:00 am, including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Toy Story Land attractions and select other attractions. (Please note: August 29-31, 2019 Disney’s Hollywood Studios will open at 6:00 am for all guests. There will not be Extra, Extra Magic Hours on those days.) Extra, Extra Magic Hours will also be offered daily at Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom during Fall 2019. See our Extra Magic Hours section for complete information.
Until further notice, attractions in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will NOT be available via FastPass+.
Please note: Capacity for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences is limited. Access to the park, land and experiences may be restricted or unavailable depending on guest demand and other factors.
- To purchase discounted Walt Disney World tickets, check our Disney World Ticket Discounts page.
- Check our Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Discounts page to see if there are any discounts for your stay dates.
- Our Walt Disney World Vacation Package Discounts page has information and advice about booking a Disneyland Vacation Package.