Disney Cruise Discounts and Deals
LAST UPDATE: 7/21/14
If you want to learn about possible Disney Cruise discounts you’ve found the right page! Listed below is every known deal, offer, coupon, onboard credit or discount available for your Disney cruise.
Unless otherwise specified, Disney cruise discounts quoted here are per adult, based on double occupancy, and do not include taxes, fees or excursions. Rates are subject to availability.
- Easy Way to Save on Your Disney Cruise
- Great Dates/Great Fares
- Onboard Credit
- Last-Minute Restricted Stateroom Discounts from DCL
- Onboard Booking Discount
- Group Incentives
- Disney Cruise Discounts for Annual Passholders
- Disney Cruise Discounts for Southern California Residents
- Disney Cruise Discounts for Florida Residents
- Disney Cruise Discounts for Military
- Disney Cruise Discounts for Canadian Residents
- Disney Cruise Discounts for UK and Ireland Residents
- Costco Rebates
- Travelocity Deals on Disney Cruises
- Expedia Deals on Disney Cruises
In our opinion, you should always book a Disney cruise using a travel agent. The benefits are just too great, both in convenience and price. First off, the best travel agents give you onboard credit, which is effectively FREE money, since the cruise fare isn’t any higher than if you booked through Disney. Furthermore, Disney Cruise Line has lots of confusing options involving tradeoffs that aren’t always clear. Using a great, experienced travel agent is like getting a FREE expert who knows everything about the Disney Cruise Line and is happy to walk you through the process and offer advice.
The travel agency we personally recommend here on MouseSavers.com, Small World Vacations, has some of the most experienced agents in the industry when it comes to Disney cruises. The agents who handle cruise bookings for Small World have been on multiple Disney cruises, and know a truly astonishing amount about all four ships, the various Disney ports of call and all the common itineraries (and many uncommon ones). Many of them are Platinum members of Disney’s Castaway Club, meaning that they have personally been on 10 or more Disney cruises! They each have a personal toll-free direct line they give out to their clients, and a direct email address so you can mail them questions or requests any time.
Small World Vacations offers an onboard credit of up to $1,000 when you book a Disney Cruise with them. (Credit depends on your total cruise fare; the minimum fare to get credit is $1000.) Your onboard credit is good toward anything you can charge to your room, such as spa treatments, special dining, shore excursions or even your bar tab! Plus, this onboard credit offer is on top of any other discounts for which you may qualify, such as special promotions and onboard credits from Disney. And perhaps most importantly, the Small World Vacations agents know how to maximize value by making use of tricks like secret porthole rooms, secret verandah rooms, secret connecting rooms, and other clever strategies.
We pretty rarely encounter a deal that qualifies as a “no brainer,” but this is absolutely one, because it’s effectively free money. Small World Vacations’ fares are exactly the same as Disney’s; there are no other hidden markups or extra fees. The onboard credit is a bonus you won’t get booking with Disney.
If you booked a cruise costing $1000 or more directly with Disney within the last 30 days, have not paid for it in full and did not add airfare, you can transfer it to Small World Vacations and still get some onboard credit. The amount of credit is reduced and is usually half of their regular onboard credit. To transfer a cruise booking, email them at VacationInfo@SmallWorldVacations.com and mention that you heard about transferring on MouseSavers.com.
Finally, if you’re going on a Disney cruise soon be sure you take advantage of the onboard booking discount and list Small World Vacations as your preferred travel agent, because it’s an essentially risk-free way to get significant discounts from Disney, full onboard credit and a FREE gift from Small World Vacations in one fell swoop on a future cruise.
In our experience, the travel agents at Small World Vacations are great at finding the best fares. They know all the tricks that will save you money, and they know the Disney Cruise Line inside and out. We’re confident that once you work with a really great travel agent, you’ll never want to book a cruise any other way.
- To learn more about the onboard credit offer, visit the Small World Vacations website, where you can see full details and request a price quote for your Disney cruise. Small World Vacations gives you full service, including a personal travel agent you can contact by phone toll-free, and FREE onboard credit!
Disney periodically publishes specific sailing dates that offer especially tempting fares. See below for current offers:
Disney Dream – Book by 7/31/14
- Most sail dates September 4 – 18, 2015, 3-Night Bahamian Cruises (from Port Canaveral) from $564* per person based on double occupancy, Category 6A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
- Most sail dates September 7 – 21, 2015, 4-Night Bahamian Cruises (from Port Canaveral) from $752* per person based on double occupancy, Category 6A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
- November 30, 2015 & December 7, 2015, 4-Night Bahamian Cruises (from Port Canaveral) from $752* per person based on double occupancy, Category 6A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
- December 4, 2015 & December 11, 2015, 3-Night Bahamian Cruises (from Port Canaveral) from $564* per person based on double occupancy, Category 6A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Disney Fantasy – Book by 7/31/14
- September 13, 2014, 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruises (from Port Canaveral) from $1,554* per person based on double occupancy, Category 7A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
- November 8, 2014, 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruises (from Port Canaveral) from $1,589* per person based on double occupancy, Category 7A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Disney Magic – Book by 7/31/14
- November 2 & 16, 2014, 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruises (from Port Canaveral) from $1,260* per person based on double occupancy, Category 9B Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom
- November 2 – 16, 2014, 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruises (from Port Canaveral) from $1,554* per person based on double occupancy, Category 5B Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Disney Wonder – Book by 7/31/14
- January 14, 2015, 4-Night Bahamian Cruises (from Miami) from $560* per person based on double occupancy, Category 11A Standard Inside Stateroom
- January 23, 2015, 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruises (from Port Canaveral) from $675* per person based on double occupancy, Category 11A Standard Inside Stateroom
- January 28, 2015, 4-Night Bahamian Cruises (from Miami) from $520* per person based on double occupancy, Category 11A Standard Inside Stateroom
- November 14, 2015, 5-Night Bahamian Cruises (from Miami) from $750* per person based on double occupancy, Category 11A Standard Inside Stateroom
Disney Fantasy – Book by 8/31/14
- November 15, 2014, 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruises (from Port Canaveral) from $1,288* per person based on double occupancy, Category 11A Standard Inside Stateroom
- December 6, 2014, 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruises (from Port Canaveral) from $1,624* per person based on double occupancy, Category 7A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
- December 13, 2014, 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruises (from Port Canaveral) from $1,757* per person based on double occupancy, Category 7A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Disney Magic – Book by 8/31/14
- November 2 & 16, 2014, 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruises (from Port Canaveral) from $1,085* per person based on double occupancy, Category 11A Standard Inside Stateroom
*Rates in US dollars. Subject to availability and categories may sell out. Other stateroom categories available at varying fares. Other restrictions may apply. Government Taxes and Fees, gratuities and excursions are not included. See Disney Cruise Line Brochure for applicable Terms and Conditions.
Onboard credit is cash value linked to your stateroom account on the ship, which you can spend by using your room key to pay for pretty much anything on the ship or on Castaway Cay. Onboard credit can be used for merchandise, adult beverages, bottled water, spa treatments, shore excursions, Palo or Remy meals, and other onboard activities, or even applied to gratuities for your servers and stateroom attendant. By combining multiple offers you can potentially get as much as $1,200 per cruise in onboard credit!
- Small World Vacations Onboard Credit
- Disney’s Visa Card Onboard Credit Offer
- Onboard Booking Credit Offer
The travel agency we personally recommend here on MouseSavers.com, Small World Vacations, offers an onboard credit of up to $1000 when you book through them. (Credit depends on your total cruise fare; the minimum fare to get credit is $1000.) To learn more, visit the Small World Vacations website, where you can see full details about the onboard credit offer and request a quote on your cruise vacation. This offer can be combined with either the Disney Visa or Onboard Booking offers below (but not both).
Disney’s Visa cardholders can get up to $100 onboard credit when they pay for a Disney Cruise Line vacation with their Disney’s Visa card.
Offer must be requested at time of booking, for new bookings only. The onboard credit is $50 per stateroom for each stateroom paid in full with Disney’s Visa card up to a maximum of 2 staterooms. Any unused portions of onboard credit are non-refundable and non-transferable. Not valid in combination with other offers except the Small World Vacations onboard credit offer.
Thanks to Small World Vacations and to Eric P for updated info.
By booking any Disney cruise (even one you don’t necessarily intend to go on) while on board another Disney cruise, you get $100-$200 onboard credit for the future cruise, plus other incentives. Later you can change the booking to a different cruise date, ship, sailing, stateroom category, etc., and keep the onboard credit. Any unused portions of onboard credit are non-refundable and non-transferable. Not valid in combination with other offers except the Small World Vacations onboard credit offer.
Click here to read more about the various benefits of Onboard Booking.
Disney offers a way to save if you are flexible about your stateroom location and willing to book “last minute,” usually meaning 21-75 days prior to departure. The savings can be very large, but you won’t know your exact stateroom at booking time. Disney will assign you a stateroom of at least the level guaranteed, possibly as late as the embarkation day. Your assigned stateroom could be in a higher category, but will never be in a lower category. If you book two or more Restricted Guarantee staterooms, there is no way to ensure that they are near each other, or even on the same deck.
The “Restricted Guarantee” room categories are offered on select sailings at the discretion of Disney Cruise Line operations. If offered, the categories are:
- Inside Stateroom with Restrictions (category IGT) - Guarantees a category 11C or better stateroom.
- Oceanview Stateroom with Restrictions (category OGT) – Guarantees a category 9D or better stateroom.
- Verandah Stateroom with Restrictions (category VGT) – Guarantees a category 7A or better stateroom.
Important details you need to know:
- You will not be able to select a stateroom number or make special requests as to stateroom location. The stateroom is assigned at the discretion of Disney Cruise Line, generally within a week of cruise departure.
- Applies to new bookings only. Existing reservations cannot be modified to these new categories.
- Full payment is due at time of booking. Booking holds are not permitted.
- Reservation is non-refundable.
- Reservation and applied payment are non-transferable.
- Full legal names and birthdates for all stateroom occupants are required at time of booking.
- Name changes after the reservation number is confirmed will not be permitted.
- Sail date, stateroom category and cruise itinerary changes are not permitted once a reservation number is confirmed.
- Not combinable with any discount or promotional offers, with the exception of the Disney Visa onboard credit and the Small World Vacations onboard credit offer.
- The “Verandah Stateroom with Restrictions” (VGT) category allows for a maximum of four stateroom occupants.
- There is typically more availability in the Restricted Guarantee categories if you have only 2 or 3 people per stateroom.
The one change that you can make after booking is that additional guests can be added to a stateroom, subject to space restrictions. There are limits on the total number of guests in each lifeboat section and on the whole ship, so even if your stateroom can fit another person, it might not be possible to add another guest.
Restrictions and booking rules are subject to change.
- 3-Night Disney Dream sailings from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas – 7/31/14, 8/7/14
- 4-Night Disney Wonder sailing from Vancouver to San Diego – 9/8/14
- 7-Night Disney Magic sailings from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Southern Caribbean – 9/20/14, 9/27/14
If you are interested in booking one of these restricted stateroom last-minute rates, it is at least 21 days prior to the sailing that interests you, and all of the members of your travelling party are ready to commit, please contact Small World Vacations to book your stateroom. Note that these staterooms often sell out fast, so if you see one you like, snag it quickly.
If you are going on a Disney cruise and think there is any chance you or a friend or relative may want to go on another Disney cruise in the next 18 months, be sure to book a future cruise while you are still onboard the ship. You get all of the following benefits:
- A 10% discount on the final cruise fare (with some blackout dates; see below).
- Up to $200 onboard credit ($100 for 3-6 night cruises, $200 for 7+ night cruises).
- A lower deposit requirement of only 10% on 7+ night cruises (regular deposit requirement is 20%).
- A FREE in-room gift from Small World Vacations. (To get this, follow the steps below to book with the MOUSESAVERS-ONBOARD offer.)
- All of these are in addition to the regular onboard credit of up to $1000 you get for booking a cruise of with Small World Vacations! (Credit depends on your total cruise fare; the minimum fare to get credit is $1000.)
You can pick an inexpensive “dummy” cruise now and change or cancel it later with no penalty. Even if you have no idea what date or itinerary you might want, or aren’t sure you’ll actually want to take a cruise within 18 months, there’s no real downside, so it’s worth it to book something just in case. A 3-night Bahamian cruise at least a year away, in January, February, September, or October, with the least expensive inside stateroom, would be a good choice. You can easily move your dummy booking to a different date (within an 18-month window from the original booking date), or change your stateroom category or other details. You will still retain the onboard credit and other benefits.
If you ultimately decide not to take the cruise, Disney will refund 100% of your payment, as long as you haven’t passed the penalty date (75-120 days before sailing depending on itinerary) and as long as you didn’t book a concierge room or suite. So just book something a year or more away to get the discount, and then you’ll have time to get home and consider the various itineraries and your schedule. Later when you decide on what cruise to take, call or email your travel agent and have her change the booking.
You can change almost every aspect of your booking and still keep all the benefits. The name of one adult in each stateroom must stay the same, but you can change the names of any of the other guests, or increase or reduce the number of guests. You can change the stateroom category. You can change the ship or the sailing as long as you stay within the 18 month window from the initial booking. If you end up changing to a more expensive booking, you’ll need to make up the difference between your original deposit and the new deposit, but you will only need to put down a 10% deposit if the new cruise is 7+ days long.
One thing you can’t do is get the discount on a second stateroom if you originally booked only one stateroom with the onboard booking discount. If you think there’s any chance you’ll want two staterooms, book two staterooms while you’re onboard. You can book up to two staterooms per household using this discount, so if you’re on a cruise with two households (you and your parents, for example), you can book up to four staterooms. You can easily shrink the booking to one stateroom later, once you figure out what you really want. But if you later decide that you want to bring your parents along or another family, or put the kids in their own stateroom, you’ll be glad to have two rooms booked with the discount. You can move the staterooms to two separate cruises later and keep the discount for both, as long as both cruise sailings are within the 18-month window and not on a blackout date.
You can get the discount for friends or relatives. Depending on the cruise agent you deal with, you may be required to put at least one adult from your current stateroom on the booking, but you can fill up the rest of the booking with your friends. You’ll need your friends’ full legal names (as written on their passport) and their birth dates. As long as one of your adult friends remains on the booking, they’ll keep the discount, even if you delete yourself from the booking later. If you book two staterooms (one for you and one for your friends) and your or your friends’ plans change you can cancel one stateroom later and the other stateroom will still get the discount and onboard credit.
If you already have a future cruise booked, you can usually “re-shop” your existing booking while on another cruise and get the discount. Note that if the price of the future cruise has gone up more than 10% since you originally booked it, using the onboard booking discount may not actually save you money, so be sure to compare the bottom-line price both ways.
*There is no discount, lower deposit, or Disney onboard credit for 1 or 2 night sailings or IGT, OGT and VGT Restricted Guarantee bookings (but you can get the Small World Vacations onboard credit and gift). You get the Disney and Small World Vacations onboard credit and the free gift, but not the fare discount and lower deposit, for concierge staterooms and suites. You can get the discount on a maximum of two staterooms per household. Onboard booking incentives CANNOT be combined with any group discounts organized by a travel agency.
Please note: there is no 10% discount when you book the following holiday and peak dates (but you do get the Disney and Small World Vacations onboard credit, smaller deposit, and FREE gift):
Disney Fantasy: 12/20, 12/27
Disney Dream: 12/22, 12/29
Disney Wonder: 12/21, 12/26, 12/30
Disney Magic: 7/26, 12/21, 12/28
Disney Fantasy: 3/28, 4/4, 11/21, 12/19, 12/26
Disney Dream: 3/30, 4/3, 4/6, 6/26, 7/1, 7/5, 11/23, 11/27, 12/24, 12/28, 12/31
Disney Wonder: 3/29, 4/3, 5/15, 5/17, 6/29, 10/9, 10/16, 11/20, 12/24, 12/28
Disney Magic: 3/29, 4/5, 11/26, 12/23, 12/27, 12/31
- To take advantage of the Onboard Booking offer, follow these simple steps:
- Before your cruise, print this Onboard Booking form. You can just print directly from your browser, or right-click the link and select “Save” to save it on your computer. Then open the file and print it using Adobe Reader. It’s already pre-filled with the information the booking agent will need to set up Small World Vacations as your agent. If you have questions about how this works, you can email Small World Vacations at VacationInfo@SmallWorldVacations.com for details before you set sail. Be sure to mention the MOUSESAVERS-ONBOARD offer.
- Fill out the form before you leave on the cruise. Either find a cruise you think you might want to take, or if you just want to get the discount and decide later which cruise to use it on, pick a 3-night Bahamian cruise at least 12 months away, in either January or September. You can just write “least expensive 3-night cruise September 2015″ or something similar on the “Sail Dates Requested” line.
- Bring the filled-out form with you on the cruise. If you want to also book a stateroom for a friend or relative, make sure you have their full names and birth dates. At some point early in the cruise, go to the Future Bookings Desk on deck 4 and either hand the filled-out form to the agent, or drop the form in the box if you don’t want to wait. If you drop off the form, they’ll secure a hold on a reservation and leave a printout by your stateroom door. Review the details and if they look good either go back to the desk to place the reservation or call 7-2848 from your stateroom phone. Either way, when the booking is done ask for a printed confirmation of your final reservation.
- Before you leave the ship, confirm that everything is correct. You should have a printed confirmation. The confirmation should show that your deposit is paid (if not, the booking will be canceled). Ensure that Small World Vacations is listed as the travel agency, so you can get your full onboard credit. If any of this isn’t on your confirmation, go to the Future Bookings Desk or Guest Services and make sure everything is correct.
- Once you get home, email VacationInfo@SmallWorldVacations.com, to tell them you booked onboard on a recent cruise. Be sure to include your name and the cruise you booked, and mention the MOUSESAVERS-ONBOARD offer.
- That’s it! Your personal agent will email you to introduce herself (if you are new to Small World Vacations) and congratulate you on your wisdom in taking advantage of onboard booking. If you booked a “dummy” cruise, you can start the process of finding your actual cruise, with the agent’s help. Once you’ve settled on the cruise you really want to take, it’s a good idea to change the booking as soon as you can to the new sailing date to lock in the lowest possible fares and get the best choice of staterooms.
Organizing your own group? Disney Specialist travel agents can sometimes offer great incentives for group bookings of 8 staterooms or more. If you are organizing a family reunion cruise or getting a group of friends together for a vacation, you may be able to take advantage of these incentives.
Contact a Disney Specialist travel agency such as Small World Vacations for details on group incentives. Remember, it costs you nothing to use them, and you may get a nice benefit for your group.
No current offers.
No current offers.
Florida residents qualify for special cruise rates:
- New!3-Night Bahamian cruises – 7/31/14, 8/7/14
- 4-Night Bahamian cruises – 8/10/14
- 7-Night Southern Caribbean cruises – 9/20/14, 9/27/14
Book by 7/27/14. Valid for new bookings only. Other stateroom categories may be available at other rates. Rates are per adult, based on double occupancy. Occupancy restrictions may apply. Governmental taxes and fees and excursions are not included. See Disney Cruise Line brochure for details and applicable terms and conditions. Other discounts do not apply. Only one discount may be used at a time. Rates in US dollars.
Proof of Florida Residency required at check-in for guests utilizing the Florida Resident Rate.
- To get the special Florida resident rates, please contact a travel agent who specializes in Disney vacations and ask for booking code FLR. Small World Vacations gives you full service, including a personal travel agent you can contact by phone toll-free, and best of all, it costs you nothing to use them!
Members of the US military and their families qualify for special cruise rates:
- 3-Night Bahamian cruises – 7/31/14, 8/7/14, 8/14, 9/4
- 4-Night Bahamian cruises – 8/10/14, 8/17/14, 8/31/14
- 4-Night cruise from Vancouver to San Diego – 9/8/14
- 7-Night Southern Caribbean cruises – 9/20/14, 9/27/14
Book by 7/27/14. Valid for new bookings only. Other stateroom categories may be available at other rates. Rates based on double occupancy. Occupancy restrictions may apply. Governmental taxes and fees and excursions are not included. See Disney Cruise Line brochure for details and applicable terms and conditions. Other discounts do not apply. Only one discount may be used at a time. Rates in US dollars.
The following are eligible for the Military rate: active duty or retired military; 100% disabled retired military; reservists for National Guard and Army Reserve with active duty orders (active duty papers must be dated as of January 1st of the previous year to qualify).
Military personnel may book one stateroom under the military rates program. A second stateroom may be confirmed, if needed, to accommodate immediate family members only. For example, a family of two adults and four children may confirm two staterooms, based on availability, with the offer. Extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) do not qualify as immediate family members for the second stateroom. Active duty or retired military personnel and 100% permanently disabled veterans do not have to travel as long as their spouse has a valid military ID to show at the port. Reservists must be part of the travel party and must show ID at the port.
For a limited time, Canadian residents can enjoy 20% off prevailing rates on the September 1, 2014 7-night Alaska sailing and the September 8, 2014 4-night repositioning cruise to San Diego departing from Vancouver, Canada!*
Offer valid only for Categories 4A-11C.
* Valid on September 1, 2014 7-night and September 8, 2014 4-night Disney Wonder sailings departing from Vancouver, Canada only. Proof of Canada residency required at time of check-in. Rates are in US dollars. Government Taxes and Fees and Port Adventures not included. This offer applies to new bookings only and is non-transferable. The number of staterooms allocated for this offer is limited. Offer excludes suites and categories with restrictions (IGT, OGT, VGT). This offer cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts or onboard credits (except for the Small World Vacations onboard credit, if you book a qualifying cruise through that agency). Changes to the vacation date or category may result in a loss of the offer. Other Terms and Conditions may apply.
- To get the special Canadian Resident discount, please contact a travel agent who specializes in Disney vacations and ask for booking code CAN. Small World Vacations gives you full service, including a personal travel agent you can contact by phone toll-free, and best of all, it costs you nothing to use them! Proof of Canada residency required at time of check-in.
Now there’s a useful site listing the latest Disney Cruise Line deals for UK visitors, plus a Freephone number you can call to learn more and book your cruise!
- Click here to learn more about UK offers for Disney Cruise Line.
If you are a Costco member, it may be worthwhile to check into their rebates on Disney cruises, which come in the form of a Costco gift card. However, Costco Travel is NOT a full-service travel agency: don’t expect much service or information. In our experience, Costco employs “generalist” travel representatives who may not know much about Disney Cruise Line and almost certainly have never been on a Disney cruise. If you choose to go this route, be prepared to spend considerable time and energy doing your own research about what your package includes and how everything works. Costco Travel most definitely won’t hold your hand and won’t be able to offer any “insider” tips on what to expect or help you take advantage of special booking tricks or “secret” room upgrades. Effectively you’re just booking the cruise yourself, but through Costco instead of Disney.
In addition, we find the Costco reps are clueless about Disney’s promotional offers — they really only know about the Costco rebate. You will have to do your own monitoring to see if any specials come out, and then see if you can get them applied to your booking. A top-notch Disney specialist agency will do this for you automatically, adjusting your reservation to reflect any current offers or discounts.
Travelocity sometimes has special deals on Disney cruises. They are usually fairly last-minute offers, most typically no more than 6 months in advance.
Travelocity also sometimes advertises “15% off shore excursions” but be aware that those are privately booked excursions through a company called Port Promotions, NOT the official Disney excursions.
Expedia is a possibility for getting good deals on Disney cruises, especially on last-minute (3 months in advance or less) bookings. It appears that Expedia has “blocks” of cabins and sometimes will still have unsold cabins in the less-expensive categories, when Disney is sold out in those categories.
A reader reports that she booked a 3-day Disney cruise through Expedia less than a month in advance and “They were also very helpful in setting up port pickup of my documents and adding my … on-board credit. This is a good alternative for people who cannot take advantage of early booking due to constantly changing work schedules.” Thanks to Monica S for info.