Budget Rental Car Discounts & Coupons
LAST UPDATE: 1/1/19
Looking for a Budget car rental coupon or Budget discount? On this page we’ve compiled Budget rental car discounts, codes and coupons that can potentially save you a hundred dollars or more on a one-week Budget car rental!
Read our general advice about renting a car, and find codes and coupons for other rental car companies.
- Locations for Disney World, Disneyland and Aulani
- Budget Pay Now Rate
- Additional Drivers
- Discounted Rentals from Undercover Tourist
- Budget Discounts, Codes and Coupons
Walt Disney World (Orlando, Florida)
Budget is located on airport property in Orlando. You can just walk right out to the garage to pick up your car.
In addition to its Orlando airport location, there is an alternate Budget location at 2125 Landstreet Road in Orlando. It is 9 miles from the airport on Orange Blossom Trail and Sand Lake Blvd. Taxi fare from the airport is reportedly about $20. In some cases it may be substantially cheaper to rent from this location, if you don’t mind the inconvenience. (By the way, it may be possible to return the car to the airport without a drop charge. Be sure to check — that could save you some time!) Thanks to Lisa for the info.
Disneyland (Anaheim, California)
Budget is located on airport property in Orange County, CA (SNA).
Budget has a regular shuttle at the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
Disney’s Aulani Resort (Oahu, Hawaii)
Budget is located on property at the Honolulu airport (HNL). You’ll take a short shuttle ride to the rental car lot.
Budget has a frequent-renter program called FastBreak that allows you to pre-register your credit card number, driver’s license number, etc. This can speed your check-in at the airport. Also, MouseSavers.com reader Debi G reports that when she signed up for FastBreak, she received a coupon in the mail for a two-car-class upgrade.
Get up to 35% off eligible non-discounted Budget rates when you book your rental at Budget and prepay. Budget lets you make changes to most reservation details on your prepaid reservation at any time, even multiple times, with no fee. Allowable changes include car type, options (GPS, protections, etc.), rental period dates/times and some changes to your rental location (see Budget‘s pay online terms for more details).
If any of your reservation changes affect the total rate, your prepayment amount won’t change. Underpayments are handled at the counter when the rental is returned. Overpayments are refunded within approximately 7 business days after the rental return.
If a Pay Now Rate is an option for your reservation, there will be a “Pay Now” link on the car selection page of the online reservation process.
Cancellations and no-shows receive a full refund minus a $10 processing fee for cancellations or a $50 processing fee for no-shows. 24-hour advance reservation required. Thanks to Clement P. for info.
Unlike many rental car companies that charge a premium on additional drivers, Budget allows a spouse, domestic partner, employer or fellow employee to drive the vehicle without any additional paperwork or payment. This can save you quite a bit: most rental car companies charge $10 a day or more when you add an additional driver.
An additional driver must be at least 25 years of age. Budget will check the additional drivers’ license to ensure that it is valid. The following are exempt from the fee but must meet all other driver requirements:
- the renter’s spouse or domestic partner;
- the renter’s employer or fellow employee when on company business and renting under a corporate account;
- the companion driver of a renter with a disability who has completed the non-licensed renter form;
- for insurance replacement rentals, company employees or family members who are designated on the insurance policy.
The policy above was accurate when added to this page, but is subject to change at any time.
We’ve been recommending Undercover Tourist for years as a great source for attraction tickets. They’re an exceptionally reliable company, and have excellent customer service. We can’t say enough good things about them. Click here to read more about why we recommend them.
Undercover Tourist now offers fantastic deals on Budget car rentals!
Their rates are often the best rates you can find, anywhere. The catch is that you have to buy an attraction ticket in order to get the lowest rates. However, you can buy any ticket they offer, in any state or city, at any price, to qualify for the car rental discount. In many cases, the savings are large enough that it’s worth it to buy an inexpensive ticket (some of them are as little as $8) just to get the discounted car rental. The car does not need to be rented in Orlando – they offer rates nationwide!
- Check out Undercover Tourist’s great car rental rates! (To see the absolute lowest rates, you must first add at least one ticket to the cart.)
To find the best rates, we recommend trying every code that applies to your travel dates and desired car type when checking rates for Budget online. Just type the code into the appropriate box on the Budget website.
The codes below are good for anyone to use and do not require a paper coupon. However, some of them will work only for certain dates and/or car types, and some have blackout dates over certain holidays — so if one doesn’t work, try another. Rates do not include taxes and fees.
Discounts Open to Anyone
- Get up to 25% off of base car rental at Budget. Offer valid on all car groups except group X. Subject to availability, blackout dates may apply, requires 24 hour advanced reservations. 5 day minimum rental for weekly rate, weekend rate available Thursday – Monday. Use BCD code D059700. Rental must begin by 4/15/19.
- Get up to 20% off rentals at participating Budget locations. Use BCD code U072412. Offer subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times including some online rates. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other BCD number, promotion or offer. Thanks to Susan T for info.
- Get up to 25% off weekly rentals at participating Budget locations. Use BCD code U110900. Offer subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times including some online rates. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other BCD number, promotion or offer.
- Get up to 15% off rentals at participating Budget locations in FLORIDA. Use BCD code Y937800. Offer subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times including some online rates. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other BCD number, promotion or offer.
- Wal-Mart Customers (i.e., anyone) can use BCD code W810000 at Budget. Source: Wal-Mart edition Rand-McNally Atlas. Thanks to Joe J for info.
- WestJet “guests” can save on rentals with BCD code A376100 at Budget. You don’t have to prove that you have flown with this Canadian airline to use the ID #. Thanks to Tammy C for info.
Budget Discounts Requiring Membership, Physical Coupon, etc.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards members (free to join) can get savings of up to 30% at Budget. Use BCD code U072700. Thanks to Julie J for info.
- MouseSavers.com reader Denielle J says subscribers to Spirit Airlines’ “Top Picks” newsletter (it’s FREE to sign up for the newsletter on spiritair.com) can get special rates at Budget with BCD# U109700.
- Choice Privileges members (free to join) can get savings of up to 20% at Budget. Use BCD code Z959200. Thanks to Kathryn C for info.
- Discover Card holders can get savings of up to 25% at Budget. Use BCD code S232000.
- Warehouse clubs such as Costco and BJ’s Wholesale Club may offer discounts on Budget to their members. If you are a member, see the store for specific codes and coupons.
- Canadian Costco members can get discounts at Budget.ca/costco. Thanks to Alec O and Natasha K.
- USAA is another great source of Budget discounts for its members. In addition to discounts of up to 20%, you get extra rental benefits, including specialized insurance coverage and no additional driver fee if the additional driver is your spouse or other USAA member. And because of its connection to the military, USAA’s agreement with Budget waives the “young driver fee” for rentals to people ages 21-24. Click here for full details and the BCD number (note that you must be a member to reach this page).
- AARP offers a discount on Budget to its members (any age can join). See the AARP website for the BCD code.
- Canadians who participate in the Air Miles program can save between 5% – 25% off the lowest available discountable rate, at participating Budget locations in Canada and the US. Use BCD # A639500. Thanks to Kathy F for info.