Disney Dining Plan Details
Available only with vacation packages that include accommodations at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel or with a Disney Vacation Club (DVC) reservation (including those booked using rented DVC points), the Disney Dining Plan is a convenient way to experience many of the unique Disney dining locations found across the Walt Disney World Resort.
Special Note: The dining plan is not being offered while the COVID-19 adjustments to health and safety are in effect, so we don’t yet know the new 2021 pricing and how it compares to 2020’s prices.
For 2020, the additional cost on top of a regular Disney Resort Hotel package or DVC booking is $78.00 (tax included) per night per adult or junior (ages 10+) and $30.50 (tax included) per night per child (ages 3-9).
With the Disney Dining Plan you can enjoy the following (per person, per package night) from participating Walt Disney World Resort restaurants:
- One table service or buffet meal
- Breakfast: includes entrée and beverage OR full buffet with beverage (tax included, gratuity not included)
- Lunch and dinner: includes entrée, dessert and beverage OR full buffet with beverage (tax included, gratuity not included)
- One quick service meal includes entrée or complete combo meal and beverage at breakfast, lunch or dinner (tax included)
- Beverage options included with all meals: beer, hard cider, most wines by the glass, and many cocktails, plus milkshakes, smoothies, gourmet hot chocolate, and standard non-alcoholic soft drinks, tea, coffee, punch, lemonade, juice, milk and most other similar-priced options (other beverages may be available at some locations; ask your server). Keep in mind that not all locations serve alcohol (especially at Magic Kingdom, where alcohol is only served at table-service restaurants).
- Two snacks from a wide variety of options
- One Resort refillable drink mug per person, per package (eligible for refills at quick service locations only in your Disney Resort hotel)
For example, a guest with a length of stay of 3-nights/4-days who books a Disney Resort Hotel Vacation Package with the Dining Plan would receive three table service meals, three counter service meals, and six snacks per person, for their stay. These meals and snacks can be used at any time during your stay, in any order. For more details and advice for making use of the plan, see our Dining Plan Tips And Tricks page.
A table service meal credit may be used for one Character Dining Experience, gratuity not included (except Cinderella’s Royal Table, which requires 2 table service credits but includes gratuity).
A table service meal credit may be used for a quick service meal, if desired. This isn’t a great use of a table service credit, financially speaking, but sometimes it works out that you need to substitute a quick service meal for a table service meal. Make sure to tell them you’re using a table service credit at the quick service restaurant.
Two table service meal credits may be exchanged for one of the following:
- one Signature Dining Experience (special high-end restaurants) – includes entrée, dessert, plus beverage and tax (gratuity not included)
- one Disney Dinner Show – Category 2 or 3 seating at either show; or Category 1 seating at the last show of the evening for Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (gratuity INCLUDED)
- one Private Dining (room service) meal at Deluxe resorts – includes entrée, dessert (at lunch & dinner), plus beverage and tax (gratuity INCLUDED)
- one Pizza Delivery at select Value and Moderate resorts – 1 pizza, 2 desserts, 2 beverages (gratuity INCLUDED)
Advance Dining Reservations are strongly suggested for table service restaurants, Character Dining Experiences and Signature Dining Experiences. Advance Dining Reservations are required for Disney Dinner Shows. Merchandise or photo imaging products that may be offered at dining experiences are not included.
Everyone in the room must be booked on the same package and ticket options. The Disney Dining Plan is unavailable for guests under the age of 3, but they may share from an adult plate at no charge or a meal may be purchased from the menu. The price of the meal will be added to your bill. Guests ages 3-9 must order from a children’s menu where available (though ask about other options if there’s nothing the child likes on the children’s menu; see our Dining Plan tips for the kinds of substitutions that may be possible).
Thanks to Small World Vacations for info.
More Info and Links
- We have lots of information about discounts on Walt Disney World vacation packages.
- Before booking a package, you may want to look over our general information about booking vacation packages vs. booking your room and tickets separately.
- There are other dining plans you can add to a Disney Resort Hotel vacation package or DVC booking: the Quick-Service Dining Plan, the Dining Plan Plus and the Deluxe Dining Plan.
- Disney has a downloadable brochure here: 2020 Disney Dining Plan.
- Disney maintains an official list of 2020 Dining Plan participating restaurants. Note that when the dining plans are first released, some restaurant agreements will not yet be final. Based on previous years’ experiences, additional restaurants will be added as contracts are finalized with independently-owned restaurants, especially in Disney Springs and Epcot World Showcase. The list is subject to change at any time.
- Read our tips and tricks for maximizing your Dining Plan.
- To book a Disney Resort Hotel Package with the Dining Plan, we recommend contacting a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel.